HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

609 Main at Texas in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Some notes on it:

A stunning 41 story, 815,000 sf office tower soon to be situated in the heart of Downtown.

* 27, 500 sf floor plates.

* In building cafe/restaurant and a fitness center along with telecommunications facility.

Source: http://www.colvilloffice.com/colvill_new/609/home.html Official Site
That is information for the old 41 story version. this tower is now 49 stories and has additional amenities if im not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Will it have a restaurant on the 41st floor? Silly question I know but I am really surprised that Houston has no observatories/restaurants being the 4th largest city in the US. I know the sister tower "Devon" has a restaurant on 49 and 50 so I am curious what will become of this. ^^
Houston doesnt have any observation decks? what about the one on the 60th floor of Chase, or the one on the 56th and 57th floors of Wells Fargo, or the one on the 32nd floor of Williams Tower? as for Restaurants in skyscrapers, im pretty sure there are a few. i know theres the infamous Petroleum Club on the 50th floor of Chevrons 1400 Smith Street. im pretty sure theres another one in that round section on top of one of the hotels(?) downtown. seems like im forgetting at least one other.. i take it your not from Houston/havent ever been here?

btw, how is the Devon tower a "sister tower"?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Will it have a restaurant on the 41st floor? Silly question I know but I am really surprised that Houston has no observatories/restaurants being the 4th largest city in the US. I know the sister tower "Devon" has a restaurant on 49 and 50 so I am curious what will become of this. ^^
That's a good question - it would be nice if plans included a restaurant or observatory (or both) on or near the top floors. The JP Morgan Chase Tower has an observation floor near the top of the building - or used to, can anyone confirm whether or not it is still open?
It will be really interesting to see all of Hines final plans for this tower, including overall height, stories, square footage, crown dimensions, etc.
I can't believe it has been almost 30 years since a building of this potential size has risen on the Houston skyline! This is a very exciting time for Houston - with all of these proposals, Houston's already beautiful skyline will be absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ1970 View Post
That's a good question - it would be nice if plans included a restaurant or observatory (or both) on or near the top floors. The JP Morgan Chase Tower has an observation floor near the top of the building - or used to, can anyone confirm whether or not it is still open?
It will be really interesting to see all of Hines final plans for this tower, including overall height, stories, square footage, crown dimensions, etc.
I can't believe it has been almost 30 years since a building of this potential size has risen on the Houston skyline! This is a very exciting time for Houston - with all of these proposals, Houston's already beautiful skyline will be absolutely INCREDIBLE!
did you not read any of my previous posts? i answered most of your questions 3 posts (of mine) back, and the post right above yours. the supposed "final plans" for this tower, including overall height, stories, crown dimensions, ect was posted on page 3. and yes, the Observation deck on the 60th floor of JP Morgan Chase is still open, as i stated above. none of the decks have closed.

i agree though, a very exciting time for skyscraper enthusiasts in Houston!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 10:45 PM

There is an observation deck on the 60th floor of the JP Morgan, I called today and I'll be there Monday! There is a restaurant on the 43rd floor of the Wedge International Building.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud713 View Post
did you not read any of my previous posts? i answered most of your questions 3 posts (of mine) back, and the post right above yours. the supposed "final plans" for this tower, including overall height, stories, crown dimensions, ect was posted on page 3. and yes, the Observation deck on the 60th floor of JP Morgan Chase is still open, as i stated above. none of the decks have closed.

i agree though, a very exciting time for skyscraper enthusiasts in Houston!
Ha - I started my post and in the middle of typing, my son yelled out, "dad, what's for lunch, I'm hungry!" So I put my laptop aside fixed lunch, came back finished my post then clicked "submit reply" - then, of course, there was your post! So, yes, I did read your post but not until after I submitted my very delayed post. Please pardon me and thank you for all of the information...

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 11:04 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:

btw, how is the Devon tower a "sister tower"?
It is a sister tower because they have the same architect "Packard Chilton". Also, aren't those observatories just sky lobbies/transfer floors that only tenents have access to in those buildings? Either way it would be great to have yet another addition for people to observe the city and add yet more romantic and well known vantage point.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG425 View Post
There is an observation deck on the 60th floor of the JP Morgan, I called today and I'll be there Monday! There is a restaurant on the 43rd floor of the Wedge International Building.
ahh, i knew i was forgetting one! isnt there a restaurant in the circle on top of that one hotel or w/e building in Downtown too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ1970 View Post
Ha - I started my post and in the middle of typing, my son yelled out, "dad, what's for lunch, I'm hungry!" So I put my laptop aside fixed lunch, came back finished my post then clicked "submit reply" - then, of course, there was your post! So, yes, I did read your post but not until after I submitted my very delayed post. Please pardon me and thank you for all of the information...
no worries. hope i didnt come off as rude.

Quote:
It is a sister tower because they have the same architect "Packard Chilton". Also, aren't those observatories just sky lobbies/transfer floors that only tenents have access to in those buildings? Either way it would be great to have yet another addition for people to observe the city and add yet more romantic and well known vantage point.
thanks for the info. i didnt realize they had the same architect. yes those observatories are just "sky lobbies", but they are open to the public and double as observation decks with sweeping views of downtown.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Where are you getting your bogus information (or should I say lack of information)?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 3:39 AM

@ cloud713, No you didn't come off as rude at all - Thank you, hope you have great weekend...

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 4:05 AM
Meh

Quote:
No, it's a full observation deck that wraps around the whole building. You can see that floor when viewing the building. The windows are slightly taller. It's at about 760 feet up or so.

Anyway, here is the elevation that was posted earlier via HAIF.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
No, it's a full observation deck that wraps around the whole building. You can see that floor when viewing the building. The windows are slightly taller. It's at about 760 feet up or so.

Anyway, here is the elevation that was posted earlier via HAIF.

i asked this on HAIF but didnt get a straight answer, anyone have any idea what OR stands for? i wish it stood for Observation Room, but i seriously doubt it. it would be a cool/different angle of the rest of the downtown skyline though.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 1:19 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
Where are you getting your bogus information (or should I say lack of information)?
Emporis was where I got it originally; then again I guess they DO provide bogus information after all as proven these last few years. I looked up that information back in 2005 when researching each of these Towers in Houston including the Williams Tower and JP Morgan Chase. Aviation Guy, I must have been misinformed... Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jul 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 1:22 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Kevin; thank you very much for the information.

I always thought the 60th floor was just a "sky lobby" meant for tenants such as those of the former and new WTC complex.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 4:04 PM
Meh

I don't think the deck is open on the weekend. I tried going up once then and was told it was closed, which seems odd. I was told it was only open during business hours. And this wasn't during any holidays or anything. I still haven't been up there as a consequence since most of my visits to Houston have been on the weekend.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 6:25 PM

Quote:
I don't think the deck is open on the weekend. I tried going up once then and was told it was closed, which seems odd. I was told it was only open during business hours. And this wasn't during any holidays or anything. I still haven't been up there as a consequence since most of my visits to Houston have been on the weekend.
You are correct. It closes at 5; I got there at 5:25 and the guy at the front desk said I just missed it. I went on a Sunday before that and the building was closed.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 7:10 PM

Well, the plans make it official - 756'9". Unless they've changed.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 7:54 PM

Will they tear down that building right next to or on the lot? The 20ish floor one.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG425 View Post
Will they tear down that building right next to or on the lot? The 20ish floor one.
Good question. Admittedly I just found out that building was on this block.. I always assumed it was an empty lot. The tower is pretty skinny facing east/west so maybe the podium that sticks out to the north will only protrude out the front half of the block, building around the other tower? I haven't heard anything about having to demolish a tower to make room.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Good question. Admittedly I just found out that building was on this block.. I always assumed it was an empty lot. The tower is pretty skinny facing east/west so maybe the podium that sticks out to the north will only protrude out the front half of the block, building around the other tower? I haven't heard anything about having to demolish a tower to make room.
That building is def going down. I don't have a link/proof but the base of the building looks like it will need the whole block.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2013, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTay View Post
That building is def going down. I don't have a link/proof but the base of the building looks like it will need the whole block.
True. I wasn't sure if maybe the podium was an L shape. Anyone know what building that is/who occupies it?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive