HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 4:32 AM

From Broadway and the park at City Hall

How tall is it now? It should look great rising up behind those buildings.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 12:57 PM
New Yorker for life

I can't wait until we start seeing the actual skin on the buildng. Most people on the street probably think it's just another odinary skyscraper going up. It won't be long before it becomes apparent that it isn't.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 2:41 PM

I forgot what the skin looked like, and searching for a render I found this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Those are the foreground buildings in my photos. Beekman Place is going to tower over the park there, I didn't realize it was going to be that big.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 4:38 PM
Show me the blueprints

^Does Pace ever plan on doing anything to replace their dumpy buildings?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I can't wait until we start seeing the actual skin on the buildng. Most people on the street probably think it's just another odinary skyscraper going up. It won't be long before it becomes apparent that it isn't.
That is true. I get strange looks from other people whenever I stop and admire or take photos of it. They don't know why anyone would be so interested in, what is to them, just another construction project.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 5:39 PM

aaron38, this one's for you...

Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 12:36 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That is true. I get strange looks from other people whenever I stop and admire or take photos of it. They don't know why anyone would be so interested in, what is to them, just another construction project.
The same thing happens to me too, but they'll be on the bandwagon eventually, (seems everyone in that area, especially on the bridge has a camera also).

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 12:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Those are the foreground buildings in my photos. Beekman Place is going to tower over the park there, I didn't realize it was going to be that big.
If not for the new WTC and 30 Park Place, this would be the tallest building constructed Downtown since the original WTC was constructed back in the early 70's. But this has to be in the most prominent location because of the lack of anything as tall in the immediate area.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 12:57 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^Does Pace ever plan on doing anything to replace their dumpy buildings?
It's funny you say that. I go there and I can tell you that the facade you see is the facade that'll remain for some time to come, if not forever. The interior as well is stuck in the time period that it was constructed in. It's a great school, but the facilities are indeed very dated and in need of some form of face-lift.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 12:58 AM
Redhawkfan

It's growing nicely, will be very interesting to see the facade on this one. Looks damn good in the renderings though

Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 1:48 AM
Not far from Disneyland

Now that I see the building rising, it's really gonna stand out from the Brooklyn and uptown views.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 7:04 AM

it looks like a dinosaur skin on the twisted windows, its gonna look amazing with the silver...
im getting so excited to see this tower growing, just like when the foster's tower....

Old Posted Jan 8, 2009, 3:59 AM

The way this tower is gonna reflect the sun is gonna be amazing! Sunsets are gonna be stupendous!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2009, 1:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 12, 2009, 1:14 PM

wow it's already a good 400 feet high now and I imagine if anything, that new floors are gonna be added at an even quicker pace as it gets higher.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2009, 6:19 PM

This beauty growing one floor every week, i can't wait for end of summer to see all 76 floors.I hope they start to build up the facade soon.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2009, 6:47 PM

Dang, didn't realize that there was this much progress on this one already. I am curious to see the way this one is going to end up--it could be a real stunner.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 12:48 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegz View Post
wow it's already a good 400 feet high now and I imagine if anything, that new floors are gonna be added at an even quicker pace as it gets higher.
It wasn't that long ago that people were wondering if this one would rise at all. But it's very typical of New York skyscraper construction. The foundation seemingly takes a year or more, and then the tower itself is up overnight.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 1:52 AM

Nice building, still can't imagine who would want to live in that neighborhood. I've got a friend that lives around Wall Street and hates it.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 1:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Nice building, still can't imagine who would want to live in that neighborhood. I've got a friend that lives around Wall Street and hates it.
Your friend should probably move. There are always people who will live somewhere other people hate. It's a matter of personal preference. For instance, some things that would be a deal breaker for some, could be a must have for others.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive