HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

1000M in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
At One Chicago there are 77 condo units and 735 apartment units in addition to significant retail and parking area...https://liveonechicago.com/

Thanks for the perfectly logical explanation. I had no idea that One Chicago will have a lot more apartments than condos. I had visited that website several times and when I saw the phrase "Exquisite homes - Condominiums & Apartments", which mentions condos before apartments, I probably subconsciously expected this project to have more condos than apartments. But it's the exact opposite, so it's actually more similar to NEMA than to 1000M.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 6:00 PM

Probably a descent chance that they convert this building into a luxury apartment building if the sales are not where they want it to be when the building is done and they have to start closing units. They will just cancel the contracts and turn it into a rental building as was done at multiple buildings that finished construction in the midst of the great recession in 2009.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:46 PM

Old Posted Today, 1:16 AM

Harry, can I borrow your VIP pass? Lol. Keep the pics rollin.

Old Posted Today, 5:31 AM

Great shots again Harry

Can anyone here enlighten me as to what the cost of this initial foundation work might be? What kind of financing is in place already in other words? Or did the full financing package happen a la GS

Last edited by kolchak; Today at 5:42 AM.

Old Posted Today, 5:09 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolchak View Post
Great shots again Harry

Can anyone here enlighten me as to what the cost of this initial foundation work might be? What kind of financing is in place already in other words? Or did the full financing package happen a la GS

Someone here will be very familiar with approximate costs for this type of foundation work. $5 mil?? Just a guess from what's shown up on various other foundation only permits.

My founded suspicion is that the developer has yet to wrap-up financing for this project. Difficult to believe they would be shy about letting the public know that. I would expect a press effort when financing closes - at minimum a press release....I'd think we'd see an article from Crain's or the Trib as well (given the high profile of this one and that it's a very rare very large condo tower for this cycle).....or at least a blurb or two in industry rags for certain.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction