HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 2:10 PM

^ I'd like to see some kind of site plan or concept drawing of how that block would look with SkyCity and the proposed parkade on the St. Regis site.

I kind of like the idea of building a parkade with offices on top... given that the Birks Building will be to the north for a long time to come, it would have been kind of a set-back almost Portage Avenue location, kind of like the Air Canada Building. But as the article says, now is probably not the right time to build more office space given what's in the pipeline. The unfortunate effect is that we'll get a parkade only with no possibility of anything else on that site (besides whatever ground floor CRUs actually get built).

I can't say I'm thrilled about the possibility that the St. Regis will get demolished without the planned replacement actually materializing, though.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 7:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
centreventure has given them another year to pay off their first mortgage, otherwise the property reverts back to centreventure.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...416578814.html
Does a year or ten years even make a difference?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 7:41 PM
BANNED

Lol

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 8:57 PM

1 year is better because you wouldn't want to wait 10 years to resolve it. In my opinion, this project is never going to happen so getting it over with faster is better.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 10:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
1 year is better because you wouldn't want to wait 10 years to resolve it. In my opinion, this project is never going to happen so getting it over with faster is better.
Pretty much anyone with a brain knows the project will never happen, extending the deadline a year was pointless. But I guess there's always the faint hope clause (or it's official name s.745.6) !

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:43 PM

ya you guys are ridiculous

the project has been on schedule ever since it started you see 3 bad articles about a couple of projects and you guys think the company is some kind of scam

u guys neeed a reality check on life for real.. i really don't want to bad mouth ppl but i cant stand for how stupid the ppl on here have become

collier center

6th and 10th

the south shore condo

the gotham Ottawa

to name a few

this forum is falling apart.. ppl believe the propaganda

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:58 PM

I am hearing a lot of bad news on Skycity. Did the completed projects go through that many issues?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:01 AM
Fossil fuel & rubber

It's a good time to be a litigator in Winnipeg!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis View Post
I am hearing a lot of bad news on Skycity. Did the completed projects go through that many issues?
every project that the company has been involved in has progressed

delays were usually caused by previous owners.. fotress has taken over capital point project now and its starting to progress.

collier center had some issues but like I said every project has issues.. this company has moved forward 100 percent of the time.. people on here are getting scared because of some smear campaign and propaganda.. this company has about 15 completed projects that they were involved in and about 20 in construction right now.. go to the sales center and talk to people involved

THESE ARE THE FACTS

THE PROJECT HAS BEEN ON SCHEDULE

ITS ALMOST 60 PERCENT SOLD

COMPANY HAS SPENT MILLIONS ON SALES OFFICE AND ADVERTISING ALONG WITH THE PROPERTY

ALL THE MONEY INVESTED BY CLIENTS IS SECURE AND FULLY REFUNDED IF PROJECT IS CANCELLED

FORTRESS REAL DEVELOPMENTS HAS PARTNERED WITH MANY COMPANIES AND BANKS WHO KNOW THAT THEY ARE A LEGITAMATE BUSINESS.

PEOPLE ON HERE DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT

ALLL DOWN PAYMENTS ARE ASECURED THROUGH TD FRICKIN BANK ALL INVESTORS WILL GET THEY MONEY BACK GAURANTEED

THIS IS BECOMIGN A JOKE ON HERE

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:11 AM

this forum has lost its mind

ya 220 ppl invested thier money into a project on a non secure loan... this site needs to get rid of its members and start fresh

its getting crazy in here..

they focus on capital point project like its the only one they ever been involved innn

this is unbelievble madnesss.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:44 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
this forum has lost its mind

ya 220 ppl invested thier money into a project on a non secure loan... this site needs to get rid of its members and start fresh

its getting crazy in here..

they focus on capital point project like its the only one they ever been involved innn

this is unbelievble madnesss.
Madness?

MADNESS?

THIS! IS! SKYSCRAPERPAGE!!!!

In all seriousness though, we will just have to wait and see on what Fortress will be doing in the next couple of months or so. We are at that point whether we will see something out of these folks, or not. We may end up having blue balls if nothing happens.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Madness?

MADNESS?

THIS! IS! SKYSCRAPERPAGE!!!!

In all seriousness though, we will just have to wait and see on what Fortress will be doing in the next couple of months or so. We are at that point whether we will see something out of these folks, or not. We may end up having blue balls if nothing happens.

don't worry my friend

every project they have been involved in has moved forward the pace of construction has varied but they have all moved forward..

with 55 percent plus sales and partnering with Edenshaw I believe its a go... well see how the grant thing goes but they should approve it a project like this would generate lots in taxes

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 2:26 AM

Fortress Real Developments Inc. is a Canadian real estate development company that seeks out and analyzes real estate development opportunities in major Canadian markets. The company is focused on quality projects with recognizable alpha in residential low-rise, high-rise, commercial and industrial market segments. For more information, visit: http://fortressrealdevelopments.com

MADY WAS THE DEVELOPER ORIGINALLY fortress took it over now edenshaw is the developer along with fortress

i really hope u people start to wake up man and realise that mady was the developer behind both collier and skycity and fortressrealdevelopment was only adviser that selected the site because they felt it was a prime spot to gain value once developed.

this project is moving forward im sorry that all u misinformed people keep thinking that fortressrealdevelopments is a scam

it makes me laugh

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 3:27 AM
BANNED

I hope you are right.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 4:06 AM
BANNED

LilWayne is full of it people.

First off. 60% sold? no it's not. Its only about 15% sold. In fact legal documents that I can confirm state this.

Also they can say 50% or 90% sold it doesn't matter. What happens is they are financed and resold as renter units. To think 60% actual people bought into sky city is another reason to believe a scam.

Secondly. The permits for construction was denied last month and 2 of the construction bids were put up on the public site as of March 12th-14th

People who work for Skycity come on here to give more BS as its some kind of game. I feel bad for the 15% who actually gave their $$ to these people.

Its sad.

By the way. Spring is here. And they said they were going to get shovels into the ground by spring.

Magically they haven't received a penny from the gov't but YUP THEY ARE GOING TO START SOON GUYS.

Get ready for the big groundbreaking.

Whats funny is if they do get a permit and everything goes along nicely in the next 5 months. They will start to dig a nice hole and it will sit there for 1 year and say its coming along nicely.

Stay away from these losers. These people are liars.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 4:09 AM
BANNED

Real Estate business is a sad business. As its the easiest business to get away screwing people. This is why you see large projects in Toronto and Vancouver because its easier to find suckers to invest into these projects.

Great piece on CBC about this and how many people get screwed and how the government are trying to prevent these people from doing it again and ways to charge criminally.

Great piece on the company owner in Toronto who tried the syd mort in the USA and is now facing federal charges.

Good on our government in Manitoba to watch their $$ closely.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 4:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarsProject View Post

First off. 60% sold? no it's not. Its only about 15% sold. In fact legal documents that I can confirm state this.

Also they can say 50% or 90% sold it doesn't matter. What happens is they are financed and resold as renter units. To think 60% actual people bought into sky city is another reason to believe a scam.

Secondly. The permits for construction was denied last month and 2 of the construction bids were put up on the public site as of March 12th-14th

People who work for Skycity come on here to give more BS as its some kind of game. I feel bad for the 15% who actually gave their $$ to these people.

Its sad.

By the way. Spring is here. And they said they were going to get shovels into the ground by spring.

Magically they haven't received a penny from the gov't but YUP THEY ARE GOING TO START SOON GUYS.

Whats funny is if they do get a permit and everything goes along nicely in the next 5 months. They will start to dig a nice hole and it will sit there for 1 year and say its coming along nicely.

Please provide PROOF only 15% sold.
Spring isn't here. It's STILL winter.

The jets are never coming back
There will never be a new tower over Winnipeg square.
No one will buy condos in Glasshouse
DCondo won't get off the ground
Etc etc

What's next to bash???

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarsProject View Post

Its sad.

Wow this guy needs help woww

I don't want to argue this with u but this company has several projects on the go right now some even completed they aren't just holes in the ground.. U keep focusing on the Regina project but there are plenty other projects they have provided consultation on and even helped develop.. This is not a scam they have poured millions of dollars into this project your trying to mislead ppl over and over again . Ya fortress ain't perfect and have had problems but you are completely mad if you think this is some kind of con job.. This company has td bank.. Edenshaw.. Ellisdon on board and works closely with several Ontario developers they are not crooks

Why would major banks developers builders along with govt work with them.. 15 percent sold come on man they would of cancelled the project ages ago if that was the case.. Your crazy man crazv

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 5:20 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
Please provide PROOF only 15% sold.
Spring isn't here. It's STILL winter.

The jets are never coming back
There will never be a new tower over Winnipeg square.
No one will buy condos in Glasshouse
DCondo won't get off the ground
Etc etc

What's next to bash???
Why are we wasting money on transit? We should put money on roads!
Why the hell are there no transit service to my house in Sage Creek? The buses here are a joke!
I hate this traffic. This city is so broken! We need to build more freeways in this city!
Why are they building an interchange on Main and Chief Peguis? That's too much! Just put a traffic light there!
There's not enough parking downtown! They need to build more parking lots!
Why are they building over parking lots downtown? These builders are stupid! There will be NO parking at all!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 2:06 PM

This thread seems to be dominated by two extremes. Super boosters and super bashers. Most of us would love to see a development like this but the proof is in the pudding. While other developers are getting things done and building these guys have been talking a lot without any real sign of progress, just delay. I don't care what is happening in other parts of the country good or bad. Healthy skepticism is justified about what's going on here.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan