HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 7:15 PM
arf

Y'all are just jealous at how much of a head start on our nuclear fallout shelter we're getting.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
pit-themed themepark
I am so taking my family to PITLAND this summer!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 7:40 PM
arf

Opening Summer 2019
PITLAND
Dig for dinosaurs!
Make mud pies!(*)
Make some dust (*)
Pour a foundation for a tall building(**)

* weather permitting
** materials not provided

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 7:42 PM

I got it.....a downtown mud spring!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Opening Summer 2019
PITLAND
Dig for dinosaurs!
Make mud pies!(*)
Make some dust (*)
Pour a foundation for a tall building(**)

* weather permitting
** materials not provided

If it's any consolation we're not much better off... we have an abandoned hotel and a parking lot to show for our troubles.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 8:01 PM

Water-slide park / build-a-bear store.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 6:41 PM
Winnipeg

I don’t know how to feel about this: one professor of mine said this in the summer: “.......why are some cities stealing Winnipeg’s lunch money? Quebec, Calgary, Edmonton and....Saskatchewan. Well Saskatchewan is not exactly a city, but you know I mean.”

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 9:54 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
The developer has already said it was dead. Not sure how much more official you need.

How long before they remove that billboard? Don't want to confuse potential condo "investors".

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 9:56 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Water-slide park / build-a-bear store.

IDK, something that this guy would like.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 11:28 PM

So does Fortress still own the SkyCity property? I sure wish CentreVenture would remove the SkyCity billboards along Graham Ave. It's looks bad for them to still be up when the project was cancelled many months ago.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2018, 2:05 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

I hope they remove it. It's super awkward to see that sign up, and have a tourist wonder how cool that project looks, only for us locals to break the news for them...

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 7:31 PM

It appears the Capital Pointe project in Regina is supposed to go ahead. Construction is scheduled to commence by April 1, 2019 and conclude no later than March 30, 2022. Makes me disappointed that Fortress wouldn't proceed with SkyCity Centre in Winnipeg. It would have been amazing to have that building going up at the same time as 300 Main.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 7:43 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBooster View Post
It appears the Capital Pointe project in Regina is supposed to go ahead. Construction is scheduled to commence by April 1, 2019 and conclude no later than March 30, 2022. Makes me disappointed that Fortress wouldn't proceed with SkyCity Centre in Winnipeg. It would have been amazing to have that building going up at the same time as 300 Main.
You are delusional if you think any of that is true.

Capital Pointe developer announces plans to continue construction
"The decision to complete the build comes with certain timelines set out by the board. WestGate will need to create a new temporary shoring design, and apply for excavation permits by Oct. 31 and work on the new shoring must be underway no later than Dec. 8."

It's December 21st. The only work that has occurred near the sight since the summer was someone fixed the lights in the covered walkway after they had been out for more than a few weeks. No equipment. No digging. No cleanup of the site itself.

You shouldn't be disappointed because these guys don't have the cash flow to dig a hole let alone pour a foundation.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 8:20 PM

Quote:

"The decision to complete the build comes with certain timelines set out by the board. WestGate will need to create a new temporary shoring design, and apply for excavation permits by Oct. 31 and work on the new shoring must be underway no later than Dec. 8."

It's December 21st. The only work that has occurred near the sight since the summer was someone fixed the lights in the covered walkway after they had been out for more than a few weeks. No equipment. No digging. No cleanup of the site itself.

You shouldn't be disappointed because these guys don't have the cash flow to dig a hole let alone pour a foundation.
That's a little rude of you HomeInMyShoes. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 8:26 PM
arf

^Apologies DowntownBooster.

I really was just joking. Should have used a smiley. Capital Pointe is an incredibly sore , ummm, point in Regina. It isn't getting built and the writing on the wall has been there since they started digging the hole. One could tell there are no finances or finance planning in developing the site. The whole thing just smelt of trying to make it look like something was going on with the least amount of investment to use the site as an advertisement for other developments (like SkyCity.)

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 10:03 PM

It's been over 10 years for CP. Sounds like the City is being strung along yet again.

"Construction will continue by us placing a back hoe in the hole and moving dirt back and forth." -Fortress (probably)

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:

Who is WestGate?

Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
^Apologies DowntownBooster.

I really was just joking. Should have used a smiley. Capital Pointe is an incredibly sore , ummm, point in Regina. It isn't getting built and the writing on the wall has been there since they started digging the hole. One could tell there are no finances or finance planning in developing the site. The whole thing just smelt of trying to make it look like something was going on with the least amount of investment to use the site as an advertisement for other developments (like SkyCity.)
No problem HomeInMyShoes. Just oversensitivity on my part. I'm disappointed that SkyCity didn't move forward. I was really looking forward to seeing something go up in our city that was approaching the 600 foot level. I still am glad to see 300 Main going up though as I never expected that anything would ever occur at that location.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 1:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
IDK, something that this guy would like.

I like

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 2:10 PM

Action is happening on the SkyCity Centre site. The parking lots have been blocked off and there are no vehicles parked there. No other signs of action yet but that is more than as happened since the "over 50% sold" sign went up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan