HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:39 PM

Tech Square Phase III

https://www.news.gatech.edu/2018/09/...xt-tech-square

Quote:
Tech Square Phase III will be located on the northwest corner of West Peachtree and Fifth streets. Initial programming envisions a two-tower complex for the first phase, which will likely contain graduate and executive education for the Ernest Scheller Jr. College of Business, the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, and other programming. The project will likely also include a large plaza with street-level retail and an underground parking deck.

Phase III has an estimated cost of about $200 million and would provide more than 400,000 gross square feet. The earliest the building could open would be 2022.

On Tuesday, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia voted to include $4.3 million for the planning and design of the project in its Fiscal Year 2020 budget recommendation. The recommendation will be considered during the 2019 legislative session. Planning and design funds would allow the Institute to further develop the project plans beginning July 1, 2019.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Sep 12, 2018 at 9:45 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 3:40 AM

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:10 PM

That's a cool photo. I wonder where the Midtown WF is in the permitting /construction process.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 11:09 PM

1099 Boulevard to break ground soon

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/9/19...pollack-shores

Quote:
Officials with Pollack Shores Real Estate Group, a multifamily developer and investment firm, announced today they’ve closed on land that’s set to become 319 Class A apartments along the Beltline’s future Southside Trail, a corridor the city purchased earlier this year.

Developers expect to break ground next month and starting delivering the rentals—alongside 15,000 square feet of retail and office space—in the fall of 2019. It would mark one of the first completed projects on the forthcoming, 4.5-mile grin of Beltline trail.

The 1099 Boulevard SE site, largely vacant today, is a few blocks south of Grant Park’s main green space and directly east of The Beacon district, along the rail loop. In a press release, developers relayed that “officials” expect that Beltline stretch to be construction by 2023, linking the Eastside and Westside trails.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
I wish they would light the Sovereign Tower,, so boring at night..Especially for a 700 foot building

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
I wish they would light the Sovereign Tower,, so boring at night..Especially for a 700 foot building
You should call some of the condo owners and tell them to leave all of their lights on at night. Just tell them you’re bored.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 4:18 AM

Some of those top floor condos are occupied once or twice a year, or never.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 11:16 PM

Cousins has sought-after Tech Square property under contract

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-property.html

Quote:
Cousins has about three acres under contract at West Peachtree, Spring, Ponce de Leon and 3rd Street – a prime spot next to the landmark AT&T building and a trio of towers Portman Holdings is developing, including the new Anthem Inc. headquarters and the massive mixed-use project Coda.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:03 PM

$70M development in Old Fourth Ward

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...siness-of.html

Quote:
Lucror Resources, the developer behind FlatironCity plans a 200,000 square foot project with a seven-story office building, 80-key hotel, 10 townhomes, and 10,000 square feet of food and beverage space.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Sep 21, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:33 PM

Atlanta Dairies rendering

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Edit It was posted in the development thread that the location is 40 Boulevard NE.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Atlanta Dairies rendering
This should be very cool!

By the way, nearly every time I see one of these architectural renderings I continue to be struck by the predominance of white folks.

Is that intentionally done for marketing purposes, or it is just an artifact of the software they use to create these images?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This should be very cool!

By the way, nearly every time I see one of these architectural renderings I continue to be struck by the predominance of white folks.

Is that intentionally done for marketing purposes, or it is just an artifact of the software they use to create these images?
Well, this is one of the better ones. I see at least 6 people of color in this rendering out of the 25 or so people pictured. I've seen some renderings with 30 people pictured, all of them white. Not a good look for an Atlanta rendering. This isn't Fargo.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Well, this is one of the better ones. I see at least 6 people of color in this rendering out of the 25 or so people pictured. I've seen some renderings with 30 people pictured, all of them white. Not a good look for an Atlanta rendering. This isn't Fargo.
You people really have nothing better to do than obsess over the ethnicity of people in RENDERINGS? Absolutely pathetic.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
You people really have nothing better to do than obsess over the ethnicity of people in RENDERINGS? Absolutely pathetic.
You sure seem triggered.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 5:52 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Yeah, like the photos on the outside of the Charles.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
What if they were all black and brown people... Would you notice or are you just color blind?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
What if they were all black and brown people... Would you notice or are you just color blind?
But if they do put "brown" or "black" people in it, people will STILL complain that the shading is wrong, the brown is too brown OR tan, etc etc. Ridiculous.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 5:48 PM

I noticed that dog types are poorly represented. As the owner of a bulldog, I am very offended.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 5:22 PM
Student

The complaints about the lack of diversity in renderings is absolutely justified.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta