HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
I think you can only have the charging station at the Transit station. It takes hours to charge those batteries, the bus has to be taken out of service to charge.
The charger at the airport charges the electric bus while its at the scheduled end of route layover before coming back to East Kildonan.

A WAA news release from 2014 says a 10 minute charge at the airport replenishes the power used over the 2 hour round trip of the bus route.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
The charger at the airport charges the electric bus while its at the scheduled end of route layover before coming back to East Kildonan.

A WAA news release from 2014 says a 10 minute charge at the airport replenishes the power used over the 2 hour round trip of the bus route.
Wow, that blows me away. Tesla Super charging stations can't even match that. Good for them if it really works.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 5:16 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Wow, that blows me away. Tesla Super charging stations can't even match that. Good for them if it really works.
This is easily accomplished by carrying more battery capacity than actually needed. Which is how Flyer did it.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Somewhere I read a while back (and I can't find the source right now) a local website stated that end of line bus charging stations would require the same power requirements as a convenience store and MB Hydro would have to reconfigure their local grid to provide the correct voltages and 3 phase if required. Another question was who would pay for the upgrades, Transit or Hydro?

Looking the Transit web page on the electric bus system it says the charger at WAA applies up to 300 kW to charge the battery.

There are also a few plug in areas for the electric buses at the transit complex off of Osborne but I don't know if they are as fast as the WAA overhead location.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 11:54 PM
BANNED

So the city shoots down con man Marquess's plans for the Parker Lands that Katz was so adamant that the BRT route should go through, more inept city planning to benefit a select few!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
So the city shoots down con man Marquess's plans for the Parker Lands that Katz was so adamant that the BRT route should go through, more inept city planning to benefit a select few!
And yet, BRT still running through the void.Does the city have alternative plans? Anyone know?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 1:00 AM
BANNED

put it on pembina, where it always should have been...

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
...it's a bit late for that to happen

Old Posted Sep 8, 2018, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
Don't you mean where it already was in the first place?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 2:43 PM
GQMF

Checking in from Amsterdam. Been living there for 7 months and traveling through the city/country is so good. They opened up the new metro station (subway) A-fucking-1!! What a beaut. Winnipeg is 20+ years behind.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:08 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberguy View Post
Checking in from Amsterdam. Been living there for 7 months and traveling through the city/country is so good. They opened up the new metro station (subway) A-fucking-1!! What a beaut. Winnipeg is 20+ years behind.
20? That's it?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:37 PM
GQMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
20? That's it?
Yeah i was being too kind

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:44 PM

We should go all in on the trackless (electric) streetcars. They can go the tranistway, diamond lanes, and centre medians on streets like Broadway, Inkster, Provencher, etc.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 7:16 PM

I'm not saying Winnipeg couldn't do a lot better, but let's compare apples to apples... Amsterdam's urban area is 3x the population of Winnipeg's.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 9:43 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm not saying Winnipeg couldn't do a lot better, but let's compare apples to apples... Amsterdam's urban area is 3x the population of Winnipeg's.
And I'm just sitting here wishing the Wilson subway plan had been built. I would do just about anything to see how different winnipeg would look in that parallel universe.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
3x the metro population and 1/2 the metropolitan area too. As much as we gripe about our inadequate public transport we can't really compare the two cities. I'm sure if Winnipeg's CMA was sitting at 2.4 million the question would be subway vs LRT rather than our current predicament of BRT vs improved service on our current roads

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 9:07 PM

Just goes to show we need that moratorium on new growth for 10 years+. Start filling in the gaps and stop leapfrog development.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 12:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Just goes to show we need that moratorium on new growth for 10 years+. Start filling in the gaps and stop leapfrog development.
Sounds like a good idea but unfortunately city council and any mayor elected will always be in the back pocket of the developers as it always was, is and continue to be....

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 3:07 PM

Not sure how you can say Bowman is in the back pocket when he introduced impact fees under the threat of a lawsuit. It's progress at least.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 3:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Not sure how you can say Bowman is in the back pocket when he introduced impact fees under the threat of a lawsuit. It's progress at least.
The fact that Bowman is running unopposed by any serious contender set forth by the establishment pretty much says he is their guy!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan