HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 6:27 PM

I knew they were the same developer... Figured something was up with Jung. So both Infinty and Sky are the same developer.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 9:34 PM

More interesting is that Jung "faltered under heavy debt". Glad to see that the project was taken over and will proceed.

and this tidbit - which must be the pointy part of the new roof design.
Each tower will include a 1,000-square-foot rooftop solarium with 50-foot glass atriums, along with a 4,000 square foot rooftop patio offering unrestricted views.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 10:50 PM

^ I was going to mention that point as well . That sounds really cool. It may turn out to look quite ugly from the outside but imagine if you lived there having access to a 50 foot atrium and rooftop patio atop a 40 storey building . If I where looking to buy a condo in the area those amenities would be enough to lure me in.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 10:59 PM

dp

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 9:17 PM

Surrey officially unveils Sky Towers architectural models

Oct. 10, 2007

Surrey mayor Dianne Watts and developer Hee Yong Yang shake hands in front of the architectural models of the Sky Towers at a press conference in Surrey October 4. The event was held in the unfinished lobby of the first of five Infinity Towers in Surrey, for which Yang is also the developer. The seven towers are a $1 billion investment that will bring more than 2,900 housing units to market. When completed the Sky Towers will be tallest buildings between downtown Vancouver and Calgary and will feature unique top-floor atriums atop the 36- and 40-storey buildings.

Bradley Fehr

http://www.joconl.com/article/id24658

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 9:43 PM

any idea how tall in meters or feet these buildings will be? I'm venturing to guess between 420 and 460 feet.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 10:16 PM

that one building in surrey - the one almost done has a big banner for sky tower along its side - looks neat

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 6:25 AM
:: slurrey.com ::

NEW RENDERS

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 7:30 AM
Registered

any final heights ?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 10:25 AM
Dérive-r

Thanks for the renderings slurrey. I love the roof structures on those towers. I'm also a fan of the less slender massing - those are some solid looking towers. They also have a nice art-deco-esque flavour to them. Way to go Surrey... making a great start at this whole densification thing.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 8:03 PM

Those are the kinda buildings I'd like to see south of False creek of just east of Downtown eastside. I love them. Very solid looking buildings, just wish they were 5-10 stories taller.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 9:09 PM

Nice. Thanks.

Kinda wish the podiums were taller though.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 10:39 PM

Those buildings are going to sell fast. The views will be incredible and the interiors looks nicer than much more expensive buildings on the other side of the Fraser.Combine all that with the amenities plus the prime location next to skytrain and the affordable pricing and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the units are sold in the first month of sales.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2007, 1:31 AM

Gourgious renderings. Does anyone know if the towers are fronting East Whalley Ring Rd or 100th Ave?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2007, 4:18 AM

WOW!

Very nice!

I will be looking into these!

The view on the top floor in the glassed area is going to be amazing!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2007, 4:57 AM

Wow I'm not liking those kitchen cabinets!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2007, 9:27 PM

I like them..

Very modern! Most cabinet shops now are pushing wood like this now

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 10:47 AM
Dérive-r

From today's Vancouver Sun...

Quote:

Surrey's Sky Towers sell out

By Michael Kane, Vancouver Sun
Published: Monday, November 05, 2007

VANCOUVER - Surrey is Metro Vancouver's new condo capital after the recently announced 901-unit Sky Towers development sold out within 30 hours over the weekend.

A record 545 units were sold on Saturday, surpassing the previous one-day sales record of 536 units set at the Woodwards Towers in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside in April 2006. The remaining 356 units were sold on Sunday.

But there was none of the usual condo-mania with buyers sleeping on the sidewalk overnight, said sales manager Cam Good.

Saturday was an invitation-only affair for realtors and buyers who had done previous business with MAC Real Estate Marketing Solutions, as well as friends of developer Hee Yong 'Edmond' Yang.

"It was a very civilized affair on Saturday," Good said. "On Sunday, the public came and there were only about 15 people in line when I arrived, so I was worried based on past experiences. But by probably 11 a.m., we had 400 or 500 people in line."

The 36-storey and 40-storey Sky Towers in Surrey's Central City area are expected to be the tallest between Vancouver and Calgary when they are completed in 2010.

Designed by Patrick Cotter architects, each will include a 1,000-square-foot rooftop solarium with 50-foot glass atriums, along with a 4,000-square-foot rooftop patio offering unrestricted views.

With studios starting at $179,000 and upper-floor, two-bedroom units fetching more than $500,000, the total dollar value of the weekend sale was $280 million.

"We had condo-mania demand but chose to spread what normally happens in five hours over two days to give us the breathing room to deal with that much real estate," said Cameron McNeill of MAC Realty.

"People are just getting that this is going to be a significant urban centre 10 years down the road and they want to get in now."

Some 150 condos were priced as less than $250,000 - almost half the cost of similar units in Vancouver.

The towers are directly across the street from the five Infinity highrises being built at the King George SkyTrain station. Together the projects are valued at $1 billion and, along with the Surrey campus of Simon Fraser University, are being described as the nucleus of Surrey's first downtown community.

"This is the downtown of Surrey and most of the buyers I talked to believe that prices in Central City are going to close the gap with downtown Vancouver," Good said in an interview.

"About half of the buyers struck out the assignment privileges of their contracts, which would indicate that they are not short-term investors, that they are planning on completing.

"We did not have very many people planning to flip [their units] but we do have a lot of people thinking that they are going to get in now while it's affordable and be able to get some really high rents later."

Yang, the 46-year-old founder of a 2,000-outlet fried chicken franchise in South Korea, moved to Vancouver with his family in 2002. He took over the Infinity project after the previous developer, also a Korean, faltered under a heavy debt load.

mkane@png.canwest.com

© Vancouver Sun

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 8:16 PM
mAd cRaZy CoDeR

Wow nice to see brisk sales - this will bring a ton of great projects online there!!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 11:23 PM

with a 5% downpayment and just another 5% in bond till completion,
when the bubble bursts, i can just see the korean developer aka.fast food chicken millionaire dressed up as a san diego chicken running around yelling "the SKY is falling, the SKY is falling!!"

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley