HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 1:55 PM

Elevators

One concern I see for this project is only TWO elevators for the residential units (8th-30th floors) I can't imagine the elevator situation during the morning hours, or when they have to service any one of them, leaving the entire residential tower with 1 elevator

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummozebra View Post
One concern I see for this project is only TWO elevators for the residential units (8th-30th floors) I can't imagine the elevator situation during the morning hours, or when they have to service any one of them, leaving the entire residential tower with 1 elevator
That is an issue to me too. I live at PA East with 3 elevators. The big one is always reserved for tenant moving in/out. I often wait around 4 to 5 minutes in "busy hour" and on weekend. With more than 40 stores, it seems forever for me to get to my higher level or get to lobby. When the elevator is full, it still stops at every requested level. It happened a few times that only 1 elevator left for us to use. Lucky that we have very good concierge, they treated it as the highest priority and called the service quickly.

I got email today for private showing, below is the content:

"Avani Centre VIP Insider Access Alert - Reply for Floor Plans & VIP Access

Welcome to Avani Centre, a collection of Studio to 3-bedroom condominium residences in Surrey City Centre’s southern iconic tower, coming soon to King and Fraser. Flanking the south entrance to Surrey's City Centre, at the King George Skytrain station, Avani Centre offers 181 exclusive residences in combination with a hotel by Hilton, allowing for luxury experiences.

At a Glance

Convenient location at the southern entrance to Surrey City Centre in the Medical District.
Walking distance to shops, grocers, and transit.

Exceptionally stunning architecture by renowned architect Maxime Frappier of a cd f*.

Private residential entrance and underground parking.

Direct access to exclusive proposed wine bar with connection to hotel lobby.

Residential homes starting on the 8th floor allowing for exceptional views.

Rooftop deck including outdoor kitchen and lounge, fire pit patio, enclosed dog run, benches amongst the landscaping, and planked yoga deck, exclusively reserved for residents.

Indoor amenity space exclusively reserved for residents complete with indoor entertainment lounge with kitchen,
lounge seating, video gaming room, billiards table, meeting room, and direct access to the outdoor amenity.

Spacious floor plans with your choice of two designer colour schemes, Gold or Silver, by award-winning Giraffe Design.

Expansive fully covered decks for year round outdoor enjoyment.

To learn more please - Read the full story...

https://www.vancouvernewcondos.com/p...t-king-george/"

I am surprise that "gold" color scheme is back again... In the 70's, gold was the popular color scheme in kitchen and bathroom.

Last edited by e-clam9; May 23, 2018 at 7:46 AM.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
That is an issue to me too. I live at PA East with 3 elevators. The big one is always reserved for tenant moving in/out. I often wait around 4 to 5 minutes in "busy hour" and on weekend. With more than 40 stores, it seems forever for me to get to my higher level or get to lobby. When the elevator is full, it still stops at every requested level. It happened a few times that only 1 elevator left for us to use. Lucky that we have very good concierge, they treated it as the highest priority and called the service quickly.

I got email today for private showing, below is the content:

"Avani Centre VIP Insider Access Alert - Reply for Floor Plans & VIP Access

Welcome to Avani Centre, a collection of Studio to 3-bedroom condominium residences in Surrey City Centre’s southern iconic tower, coming soon to King and Fraser. Flanking the south entrance to Surrey's City Centre, at the King George Skytrain station, Avani Centre offers 181 exclusive residences in combination with a hotel by Hilton, allowing for luxury experiences.

At a Glance

Convenient location at the southern entrance to Surrey City Centre in the Medical District.
Walking distance to shops, grocers, and transit.

Exceptionally stunning architecture by renowned architect Maxime Frappier of a cd f*.

Private residential entrance and underground parking.

Direct access to exclusive proposed wine bar with connection to hotel lobby.

Residential homes starting on the 8th floor allowing for exceptional views.

Rooftop deck including outdoor kitchen and lounge, fire pit patio, enclosed dog run, benches amongst the landscaping, and planked yoga deck, exclusively reserved for residents.

Indoor amenity space exclusively reserved for residents complete with indoor entertainment lounge with kitchen,
lounge seating, video gaming room, billiards table, meeting room, and direct access to the outdoor amenity.

Spacious floor plans with your choice of two designer colour schemes, Gold or Silver, by award-winning Giraffe Design.

Expansive fully covered decks for year round outdoor enjoyment.

To learn more please - Read the full story...

https://www.vancouvernewcondos.com/p...t-king-george/"

I am surprise that "gold" color scheme is back again... In the 70's, gold was the popular color scheme in kitchen and bathroom.
Thanks for the details. I'd take the "proposed wine bar" and rooftop deck etc with a grain of salt, knowing developers have the full right (even after our purchase) to change any "promised" amenities or services through amendments. One thing they can't change is the location, their layout design (hence, my concern with the elevators), as well as the developer's reputation, whether they are known to build quality products, stand behind their products, provide good customer service, etc.

In this case, has anyone here worked with this developer, Avani Investment Group (i.e. Virani family)? Sure the Hampton/Hilton connection to this project sounds nice, but I have not been able to Google much about this particular developer. There is literally ONE news article/story and it was about this building. I'd be very very skeptical of their ability to build this building based on the very, very, very nice artist renderings of the hotel/lobby/wine bar, etc.

It seems there is now a greater and greater than ever gap between presentation material (computer graphics) vs the actual end products in many cases and buildings, and I feel this gap is getting larger and larger every year. I wonder if there is any law governing this sort of thing, "artist embellishment" I'd like to call it.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
What goes around comes back around.
Gold coloured fixtures were still the norm in the early 1990s (maybe because the design was done a few years earlier in the late 1980s?)

It means you are getting old if you remember it from a previous time around.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 10:50 PM

[QUOTE=

It means you are getting old if you remember it from a previous time around.[/QUOTE]

No! It just means you've been around for a long time.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 1:00 AM

They were excavating again today. Excavating quite a bit actually.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Awesome news things are moving and good thing for Surrey

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 3:40 PM

Quote:
They're at it today too. It's Saturday.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
They're at it today too. It's Saturday.
It is? Where? WHO TOLD YOU THIS???

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 5:22 PM

Can confirm that there's a white pick up on the site right now!

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
Can confirm that there's a white pick up on the site right now!
A white pickup truck by itself means nothing, until there is a guy with a orange vest standing nearby.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
A white pickup truck by itself means nothing, until there is a guy with a orange vest standing nearby.
The excavator was filling trucks all day Saturday.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:16 PM

Find it odd that they are already excavating ahead of 4th reading - but here is the site today (May 27):

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:52 PM

They’re excavating for the sole purpose of building the presentation centre only! Nothing to do with the actual building yet.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
They’re excavating for the sole purpose of building the presentation centre only! Nothing to do with the actual building yet.
That's going to be some presentation centre. My guess is it will eventually be part of the finished product.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 9:04 PM

Never heard of that happening ever.

Would open the developer to huge financial risk if any changes to the design were requested during the permitting phase.

Presentation centres, especially when selling to the Asian investor market, have really ballooned in size and sophistication. Very likely that is what is being built.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
Typically a separate development application / permit is required to build a presentation centre. Pretty much every other project has one - and they are usually located off-site. There are no applications for a presentation centre on this site. Find it odd that they would be able to build one without.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Typically a separate development application / permit is required to build a presentation centre. Pretty much every other project has one - and they are usually located off-site. There are no applications for a presentation centre on this site. Find it odd that they would be able to build one without.
I agree. That's why I think this is more than just a presentation centre or even if it is a presentation centre.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 1:49 AM

The excavator was digging up the far side today. A few truck loads of gravel dropped off at the site.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 1:59 AM

Quote:
The excavator was digging up the far side today. A few truck loads of gravel dropped off at the site.
Noticed that too. I work next door and a window seat. They are moving fast with excavating, it almost seemed like the workers were on Adrenalin...considering the site is not yet approved 100% as per Shift's analysis.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley