HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 4, 2008, 6:28 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Yes, it's unsurprising that the murders come from the worst parts of the city: the North End projects, Cowie Hill/Spryfield, and North End Dartmouth.

Uniacke Square needs to be dismantled somehow, like Regent Park. I've read that 5% of Canada's public housing is in Halifax's North End. Not sure if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised. Gottingen is also a dumping ground for undesirable public institutions.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2008, 7:27 AM

Looked up London police.
London recorded it's first murder of the year on April 30/08.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 9:09 PM
BANNED

Well everybody can rest assure, the peaceful black community of Toronto doesn't disproportionnally increase the murder statistics. They are (especially the Jamaicans) such a great addition to our multicultural patchwork. After all, if a good old-stock Canadian get shot by a third world immigrants, the Canadian must shoulder the blame. We Canadians have to accomodate other backward cultures so it's up to us to make sure we're not in their way when these hyphenated-Canadians decide to have a shooting.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 11:03 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

Sebastien, are you talking about Jamaicans or "blacks"? When the Russian organized criminals start to pile up the bodies in Canada (and it's going to happen) are you going to comment on the peaceful "white" community?

Jamaicans and Somalis and other groups have their issues but why lump them together with "blacks"? When there was that explosion in murders among Sri Lankans in the late 90s did you lament the "brown" community?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 11:32 PM
BANNED

@ Ferry Canuck

I knew my comments will attract negative reactions. It's just that I'm a very straighforward no B/S type of person and I absolutely refuse to conform with Canada's political corectness mantra. I'm no left wing apologist. I call a spade a spade and I'm not the kind the bury my face in the sand even if some people may not like it. The hard fact is that we are having a serious gun violence problem within the black community in Toronto. Even a black councillor from Scarborough (Michael Thompson) courageously suggested the police should do some racial proliferation and start to target young black males intensely.

In Toronto, we have coward politicians like mayor David Miller and premier Dalton McGuinty who are lobbying for a gun ban instead of lobbying for better laws to fight crime. Eliminating guns is not a bad thing but one must not forget that ultimately guns don't commit any crime, a person commit a crime. I've never seen anywhere in the world a firearm been convinced!!! Following the same logic, if someone stab to death another person, are we going to ban butchers knives ? That's flawed logic to say the least and that's what we get all the time from Miller and McGuinty. But Why ? Because Miller and McGuinty essentially rely on the ethnic votes to get elected. So they don't want to offense their core electorate so they have adopted a kind of a hug a thug approach to crime so they don't offense their voters.

Basically that's it. Hopefully, at the next federal election Harper wil get his majority so he can clean the Liberal mess. However, Toronto have been written off because it's impossible to elect a conservative (because of the ethnic vote) there so will have to rely on rural and small-size cities to get that majority.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 11:46 PM

Just keep diggin that hole Sebastien....

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Gauthier
I knew my comments will attract negative reactions. It's just that I'm a very straighforward no B/S type of person and I absolutely refuse to conform with Canada's political corectness mantra. I'm no left wing apologist. I call a spade a spade and I'm not the kind the bury my face in the sand even if some people may not like it. The hard fact is that we are having a serious gun violence problem within the black community in Toronto. Even a black councillor from Scarborough (Michael Thompson) courageously suggested the police should do some racial proliferation and start to target young black males intensely.

In Toronto, we have coward politicians like mayor David Miller and premier Dalton McGuinty who are lobbying for a gun ban instead of lobbying for better laws to fight crime. Eliminating guns is not a bad thing but one must not forget that ultimately guns don't commit any crime, a person commit a crime. I've never seen anywhere in the world a firearm been convinced!!! Following the same logic, if someone stab to death another person, are we going to ban butchers knives ? That's flawed logic to say the least and that's what we get all the time from Miller and McGuinty. But Why ? Because Miller and McGuinty essentially rely on the ethnic votes to get elected. So they don't want to offense their core electorate so they have adopted a kind of a hug a thug approach to crime so they don't offense their voters.

Basically that's it. Hopefully, at the next federal election Harper wil get his majority so he can clean the Liberal mess. However, Toronto have been written off because it's impossible to elect a conservative (because of the ethnic vote) there so will have to rely on rural and small-size cities to get that majority.
You might as well have just said that you were a blithering idiot and saved yourself some time typing.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 12:12 AM
BANNED

@ Theman23 and LeftCoaster,

You guys are obviously very sensitive souls. Please read the online edition of the Toronto Star tomorrow and sunday morning and we'll do the analysis of all the shootings that are going to happen in Toronto this weekend. The weather is expected to be very warm over the weekend so it may only make matter worse. I predict at least four shootings in the GTA this weekend. Unavoidably the suspects description will likely consist of black males between 18-35 of age. Let's see monday if my prediction materialize. Stay tune.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 12:18 AM

Will this Mondays edition also include confessions from David Miller and Dalton McGuinty stating that their policies on crime are soley the result of capitulation to the ethnic hordes? Or an editorial recommending cleaning up the Liberal "mess" of a 30 year crime low by electing Stephen Harper as a majority leader?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 12:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Gauthier View Post
@ Theman23 and LeftCoaster,

You guys are obviously very sensitive souls. Please read the online edition of the Toronto Star tomorrow and sunday morning and we'll do the analysis of all the shootings that are going to happen in Toronto this weekend. The weather is expected to be very warm over the weekend so it may only make matter worse. I predict at least four shootings in the GTA this weekend. Unavoidably the suspects description will likely consist of black males between 18-35 of age. Let's see monday if my prediction materialize. Stay tune.
You are a blithering idiot. You have the nerve to call me a sh*t disturber in the Quebec forum as you proclaim your sovereignty ties and say that I no place to talk about Quebec and their destiny. Yet you come here and pretty much claim that blacks are the #1 cause of violence in TO and expect everyone to agree with you. Somewhat of a bigot are you? So when Quebec declares it's independence (again, not going to happen in our lifetimes), I would shutter to think how you will treat minorities.

Again, you are a blithering, sh*t disturbing idiot.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 3:00 PM
BANNED

@ Markus41

I don't want to insult you but your reaction is so typical of any left wing nutcase who can only base their arguments on emotions rather than facts. Indeed, I came here and stated that blacks are the first cause of gun violence in Toronto. Whether you like it or not, there's no way out. Considering that blacks form at the most 10% of the GTA population, they are massively over-represented in crimes commit with a firearm as well as in criminality in general. Among Jamaicans and Caribbeans, it's reaches epidemic proportions. Read the papers if you need more proofs.

Or better, please use this link to the Toronto Police Service which details the major criminal activity that has occured on a day by day basis.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/majors.php

You'll see that blacks are very very well represented in the description of suspects. Now, I guess you'll accuse the Toronto Police of being a bunch of racists ?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 4:39 PM

This may not be big news in some cities, but here in St. John's it is. From todays local paper, the Telegram www.thetelegram.com/

Gruesome discovery investigated
Local children find body in downtown backyard

EVERTON MCLEAN
The Telegram

Const. Greg Stanley of the RNC's Forensic Identification Section is seen on Warbury Street as part of the investigation into the discovery of a body in the area Friday afternoon. - Photo by Rhonda Hayward/The Telegram
Const. Greg Stanley of the RNC's Forensic Identification Section is seen on Warbury Street as part of the investigation into the discovery of a body in the area Friday afternoon. - Photo by Rhonda Hayward/The Telegram

A group of elementary-aged children made a gruesome discovery Friday afternoon when they came upon a human body while playing in a St. John's backyard.

Resident's crowded Warbury Street Friday evening as RNC officers searched a backyard off the street, where local children say they found a suitcase containing a dismembered body.

As police began their investigation - children, several of who said they saw the body - swerved on bicycles and skateboards between police cars, officers and other adults who were looking curiously at the scene.

RNC Const. Paul Davis said police were called at 4:30 p.m. by a resident of the area who said a body was found.

"I can confirm for you now there has been a discovery of human remains here in the area of Warbury Street in St. John's," he said.

"They were children who located these remains this afternoon ... Our investigators are talking with at least some of these children right now."

Area resident Paula Williams said her 11-year-old son was the first to see the body, along with three others.

"He said he found something in a suitcase," she said. "He opened it up, he said, and he said 'Mom, there was no arms, no head and no legs.'

"He said the hum on it was enough to knock him out. He got sick twice, threw up."

Williams said she was in shock.

"It's very scary. I hope nothing happens to my kids," she said. "That's what I'm worried about now, my kids.

"My legs are still like jelly."

Davis said the police will help any of the children find the assistance they may need to deal with the shock.

Investigators will be on the scene well into today, securing evidence and creating an investigation plan.

"Our forensic identification team is here on the scene, our major crime unit has been called in as well as the office of the medical examiner," he said.

Davis would not comment on the condition of the body.

"At this point in time there are certain details that I am not able to provide," he said when asked to confirm if the body was found in a bag. "We are very early into an investigation."

He said the case is being treated as a homicide.

Another neighbour, who asked not to be identified, said the property where the body was found had three apartments in it and was occupied.

"It's scary when it happens in your neighbourhood," the man said. "It's usually quiet."

Watching her children play on the street, Williams said her son seemed to be doing well for now, carrying a hockey stick up and down the road, watching as police talked about the case and interviewed residents.

"I hope he don't have no nightmares," she said.

There are one or two homicides a year here. Poor kids will have nightmares for a while. Just like something out of books. Ironically, like "the Shipping News" when a body was found in a suitcase off the coast of NL! So that brings St. John's up to 2 this year.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 7:01 PM

Quote:
@ Ferry Canuck

Maybe those guys are poor, maybe they're not integrated, maybe they're not educated, maybe they come from troubled countries, maybe they grew up with bad examples, etc.
Why the hell focus on the fact that they're Black?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus41 View Post
So when Quebec declares it's independence (again, not going to happen in our lifetimes), I would shutter to think how you will treat minorities.
Are you talking about Sébastien or independent Québec?
Most Quebecers aren't like him anyway.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 7:18 PM
Look at me!

^ignorance feeds on ignorance, and the world keeps on spinning.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 8:30 PM

It's better if we just abolished all laws altogether and let the government go whatever they want. It's not like governments have *ever* abused power at all, right?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Well everybody can rest assure, the peaceful black community of Toronto doesn't disproportionnally increase the murder statistics. They are (especially the Jamaicans) such a great addition to our multicultural patchwork. After all, if a good old-stock Canadian get shot by a third world immigrants, the Canadian must shoulder the blame. We Canadians have to accomodate other backward cultures so it's up to us to make sure we're not in their way when these hyphenated-Canadians decide to have a shooting.
Whether you "tell it like it is", "skip the BS", or "shoot from the hip"...dude, your hip is racist. Please come to terms with this fact. And stop lumping the entire black population in with a few distinct communities/groups.
When the cops say "black male", it's just a physical description. Most people can't pick (for example) a Somali out of a line-up. The fact that they may be black is irrelevant.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 2:03 AM

Five murders now for Ottawa this year.

Quote:
Charges Laid in Ottawa's 5th Murder of 08
Josh Pringle
Monday, June 9, 2008

A 38-year-old man will appear in court on Tuesday charged with manslaughter in Ottawa's fifth murder of 2008.

Ottawa Police charged Demetrios Angelis with manslaughter in the death of his wife.

Officers responding to an emergency call from an apartment on McEwen Avenue Sunday afternoon found the body of 42-year-old Lien Angelis. Published reports have said officers found her body rolled up in a carpet in a fifth floor apartment.

Major Crime Investigators are refusing to release the cause of death. An autopsy was conducted on Monday in Toronto.

This is Ottawa's third murder in 10 days.

28-year-old Angela Bateman was found in the garage of her Orleans home on May 31st in a murder-suicide.

Ottawa Police are still looking for a suspect after 39-year-old Pamela Kosmack was found dead and partially naked off an NCC bike path near Britannia Beach last Wednesday.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 4:26 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 5:00 AM
I am a typical

Crime is down but murder is up, the biggest change in terms of percent either up or down. Not a good thing.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 2:26 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Crime is down but murder is up, the biggest change in terms of percent either up or down. Not a good thing.
Why is this not a good thing? The crime of which the vast majority of the public is actually going to become a victim of is way down. Things like vandalism, break-ins, thefts, etc.

If you are a law-abiding, tax-paying, all around average citizen, your chances of being murdered in any big Canadian city are pretty much the same regardless where you live.

Random, unprovoked murder is extremely rare in Canada.
So unless you hang around some questionable people and haven't really pissed off your spouse, you should be pretty safe as far as murders go.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada