HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 6:39 PM

A couple of pics of the Park21 project on Park Ave in Mt. Pearl. These were taken a few weeks ago.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 5:35 PM

Here are a couple of pics taken last week of the new Suncor (?) buildings on Kelsey Drive. They were "tilt up" construction and are now being finished off inside.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2016, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsell View Post
Here are a couple of pics taken last week of the new Suncor (?) buildings on Kelsey Drive. They were "tilt up" construction and are now being finished off inside.

I believe these 2 buildings will be also connected by an overhead walkway. There looks be a square punched out at opposite ends.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 12:32 AM

Water Street

I'm a new member to the forum but have been a devoted reader for a while. Some great threads here. I was on Water Street yesterday and saw some development happening at the old Irving. Did a little google and the only thing I could find is this add for commercial condominiums, https://www.locatehomes.ca/nl-real-e...B7?id=17315363. Looks like a nice change for the area.

Last edited by gerwal; Dec 16, 2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Correct title

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwal View Post
I'm a new member to the forum but have been a devoted reader for a while. Some great threads here. I was on Water Street yesterday and saw some development happening at the old Irving. Did a little google and the only thing I could find is this add for commercial condominiums, https://www.locatehomes.ca/nl-real-e...B7?id=17315363. Looks like a nice change for the area.
Hmm, interesting development. Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwal View Post
Interesting! Anything that could go there would be an improvement. Welcome to the forum!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2016, 9:05 PM

Those buildings on Kelsey are progressing nicely, windows now mostly in. The steel walkway between the buildings in now in place.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 4:20 AM

Why didn't they just build one 6-story building instead of two 3-story builds with a ridiculously long pedway between them?

[QUOTE=rthomasd;7656118]Those buildings on Kelsey are progressing nicely, windows now mostly in. The steel walkway between the buildings in now in place.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Arrakis;7656509]Why didn't they just build one 6-story building instead of two 3-story builds with a ridiculously long pedway between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomasd View Post
Those buildings on Kelsey are progressing nicely, windows now mostly in. The steel walkway between the buildings in now in place.
Because that would be a more efficient use of land. Why would anyone want to do that in St. John's?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 5:38 PM

[QUOTE=J_Murphy;7656646]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Why didn't they just build one 6-story building instead of two 3-story builds with a ridiculously long pedway between them?

Because that would be a more efficient use of land. Why would anyone want to do that in St. John's?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 8:21 PM

Maybe I missed it here, but does anyone have any idea what's being built between Chess's and the Fairfield Inn on Kenmount Rd? I didn't think on getting a photo at the time but I've attached a link to Google Streetview showing the location (in summer)
https://www.google.ca/maps/@47.55390...8i6656!6m1!1e1
So far it's a single story building of wood construction, a little bigger than Chess's if my memory serves correctly. Thoughts?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 4:19 AM

That is going to be Fionn MacCools Irish pub and restaurant. It's being built by the owners of the Fairfield Marrriott. Fionn MacCools is part of the same family of restaurants as Kelsey's, Swiss Chalet, Montannas, Milestones, East Side Marios, Bier Markt, and Harvey's which are franchised by Cara Operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offshore1 View Post
Maybe I missed it here, but does anyone have any idea what's being built between Chess's and the Fairfield Inn on Kenmount Rd? I didn't think on getting a photo at the time but I've attached a link to Google Streetview showing the location (in summer)
https://www.google.ca/maps/@47.55390...8i6656!6m1!1e1
So far it's a single story building of wood construction, a little bigger than Chess's if my memory serves correctly. Thoughts?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
That is going to be Fionn MacCools Irish pub and restaurant. It's being built by the owners of the Fairfield Marrriott. Fionn MacCools is part of the same family of restaurants as Kelsey's, Swiss Chalet, Montannas, Milestones, East Side Marios, Bier Markt, and Harvey's which are franchised by Cara Operations.
OK, Thanks! Guess I was getting confused between this development and the restaurant in front of the Sandman Hotel . Fionn MacCools huh? I'll save it for the restaurant thread.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 10:40 PM

Moxies Bar And Grill is going in the Sandman Hotel and possibly a Denny's too as they are both owned by the same parent company as the hotel.

Quote:
OK, Thanks! Guess I was getting confused between this development and the restaurant in front of the Sandman Hotel . Fionn MacCools huh? I'll save it for the restaurant thread.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 5:37 PM

The city has released plans for the community park at Kenmount Terrace off Messenger Drive. There are also other info in pdf form too on the website which might be of interest to people.

Here is the link"

http://engagestjohns.ca/kenmount-terrace-park

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 2:21 AM

Another project which seems to have escaped my attention - anyone know what's being built next door to Lane Home Furnishings on Kiwanis St.?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2017, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Another project which seems to have escaped my attention - anyone know what's being built next door to Lane Home Furnishings on Kiwanis St.?
From what I have seen in the past (somewhere?) I think it is supposed to be a four or five unit strip mall, or something similar.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:38 PM

It is going to be a Discount Car Rental

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:58 AM

I ran across this the weekend on Kijiji. I hadn't seen anything about the building here.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-commercial-of...ationFlag=true
rea
https://www.chronosquare.ca/

The best I can figure this would be located in the middle of all the residential area as far in on Moffat Road as you can go. I don't think there is any space near Topsail Road that the building could be built on.

Does anyone have any more details. The web site indicates that a second floor suite is already leased.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 5:57 PM

Question

Quote:
The city has released plans for the community park at Kenmount Terrace off Messenger Drive. There are also other info in pdf form too on the website which might be of interest to people.

Here is the link"

http://engagestjohns.ca/kenmount-terrace-park
What's the timeframe like for this project? St. John's seems to be woefully inadequate on a parks/public space front... what do we have worth mentioning, Bowring and Bannerman?The centre city hardly has anything. A downtown library would be top on my imaginary wishlist...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's