HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 5:17 PM

http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/...ts-in-may-2015

Delta Adding Nonstop Boise to Seattle Flights in May 2015

Posted By Harrison Berry on Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Quote:
A major airline plans to begin nonstop service between Boise and Seattle.

Beginning in May 2015, Delta Airlines will add four daily flights between the City of Trees and the Emerald City. Tickets will go on sale beginning Saturday, Nov. 22, and the first direct flight between the two cities takes off May 4, 2015.

"We are so pleased that Delta is bringing the residents and businesses of Boise more connections to Seattle, a key city in this region of the country," wrote Boise Mayor Dave Bieter in a press release.

Though the first tickets will go on sale this weekend, there's no word yet on how much they'll cost. Alaska Airlines also offers nonstop flights to Seattle.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 3:23 PM

http://idahobusinessreview.com/2014/...-city-streets/

Portland transportation engineer will talk about city streets

By: Teya Vitu December 3, 2014

Quote:
A free lecture titled “The DNA of City Streets: Rethinking the Use of Street Right of Way” will explore the design of downtown streets.

Peter Koonce, a Portland transportation engineer who was worked in the public and private sector, will give the talk at 6 p.m. Dec. 10 at Boise State University in the Jordan AB Ballroom in the Student Union Building.

Koonce will discuss the concept of “level of service” as it relates to streets, as well as performance measures for streets and what measures are appropriate as people move downtown, as in Boise.

Koonce will use local examples in Treasure Valley downtowns to illustrate how to design streets more in tune with the new urban setting, where people drive, walk and ride bicycles.

source:
http://idahobusinessreview.com/files...se-600x450.jpg

8th Street fits the new urban model of wide sidewalks and bike lane to be comfortable for many users. Photo by Erika Sather-Smith.

Read more: http://idahobusinessreview.com/2014/...#ixzz3KwWLEAyj

Old Posted Dec 16, 2014, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/...ts-in-may-2015

Delta Adding Nonstop Boise to Seattle Flights in May 2015

Posted By Harrison Berry on Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM
With Alaska and Delta at each others' throats, I figured this was coming soon! Interested to see how Alaska reacts, does this force them to drop capacity on that route?

A Boise native now in Seattle, I travel to Boise several times a year both for personal and business travel. Excited to have a jet option once again on this route, which has been prop only since Southwest pulled out. Hopefully lower fares too!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2014, 5:53 PM

http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/...downtown-boise

ACHD / bicycles ACHD Announces Capitol Boulevard Bike Lanes in Downtown Boise
Posted By Harrison Berry on Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Old Posted Jan 9, 2015, 9:05 PM
BANNED

Didn't know where to post this but I heard a rumor that JetBlue might be announcing a new western city and Boise might be the city. From what I heard the flight would goes as BOI-SLC-JFK. Hopefully it's true. The other rumored cities I'm hearing are Reno and Vancouver.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 1:16 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberJack View Post
Didn't know where to post this but I heard a rumor that JetBlue might be announcing a new western city and Boise might be the city. From what I heard the flight would goes as BOI-SLC-JFK. Hopefully it's true. The other rumored cities I'm hearing are Reno and Vancouver.
It would be a major coup for the airport if we landed JetBlue.

Having a connection to New York JFK would be huge for the easy connections to the Northeast and Europe. Would be excellent to have when convincing companies to do business here. Hell, just having JetBlue--a chic New York airline--would elevate the airport's prestige to some extent. Boise would be among their smallest non-leisure destinations.

Last edited by BoiseAirport; Jan 10, 2015 at 1:41 AM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 3:22 PM
BANNED

I work for the city and airport, and i have not heard any news regarding JetBlue or any new flights as of yet. But if hear something ill let you guys know.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 5:57 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Looks like it's Reno, starting May 28th.

Have to say, I would've been pretty surprised if it was Boise.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 7:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
Looks like it's Reno, starting May 28th.

Have to say, I would've been pretty surprised if it was Boise.
Correct. It's okay, Boise still has Allegiant serving the airport . With all seriousness I'm surprised Boise can't even handle service to Atlanta.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 7:31 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Correct. It's okay, Boise still has Allegiant serving the airport . With all seriousness I'm surprised Boise can't even handle service to Atlanta.
The factors going into which airlines serving which cities with which equipment are very complex and don't really say much about anything. Altogether, Boise's air service level is now on par or above average compared to US metro areas of similar size.

It's highly likely Atlanta service will return in 2016, but even if it didn't Boise is well served to SLC and Minneapolis, and has way-above-average service on United and Alaska.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 8:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
The factors going into which airlines serving which cities with which equipment are very complex and don't really say much about anything. Altogether, Boise's air service level is now on par or above average compared to US metro areas of similar size.

It's highly likely Atlanta service will return in 2016, but even if it didn't Boise is well served to SLC and Minneapolis, and has way-above-average service on United and Alaska.
I understand that. It's similar to SLC and how they wanted European service back in the early 90's. They finally got it in 2008 on Delta with service to Paris. Now Salt Lake is getting seasonal service to Amsterdam this year as well. So I think maybe in about 5-10 years you'll probably see nonstop flights from Boise to Atlanta, New York, and Vancouver.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2015, 9:07 PM

Per the website, the bike share will launch this Spring.

http://boisebikeshare.org/index.html

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 5:10 PM

More Fliers at Boise Airport

Good news at BOI per the Idaho Business Review:

The Boise Airport served almost 1.4 million departing passengers in 2014, a 5 percent increase from 2013. Passenger traffic at the airport is the highest it’s been since 2011...

Read more: http://idahobusinessreview.com/2015/...#ixzz3Ss7Mne7u

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 8:05 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Wow, this one surprised me. Alaska Airlines announces resumption of service between Boise and Spokane with new 2x daily nonstop service.

Pleasant surprise.

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/cit...0150318_SALE||

Quote:
Fly Nonstop Between Boise and Spokane

We're starting twice-daily nonstop service between Boise and Spokane, beginning August 24, 2015 — giving you more travel options in Idaho and Eastern Washington.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2015, 12:32 AM

SO excited for the Spokane-Boise service!

I'm a QX employee who recently moved up to GEG from BOI for a transfer and it will be so nice to have this option to get to my hometown from my home! This will be great for our crew bases in BOI and GEG as well.

Hopefully it serves the communities well, and prospers!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2015, 12:39 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigbaum89 View Post
SO excited for the Spokane-Boise service!

I'm a QX employee who recently moved up to GEG from BOI for a transfer and it will be so nice to have this option to get to my hometown from my home! This will be great for our crew bases in BOI and GEG as well.

Hopefully it serves the communities well, and prospers!
Agreed!

Alaska/Horizon's been a great airline for Spokane and Boise. I'm very glad to see them recommitting to this route--almost like the return of an old friend.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2015, 9:34 PM

And it will almost certainly mean the end of WN's service on the route by this time next year..pretty much a given it will abandon n/s service..I think the only reason it survived was because QX discontinued it years ago and left it all to WN. Now the tables have turned, and the landscape is far different for WN in BOI than it was in the not so distant past. No more SEA, no more PDX, no more RNO, and soon no more GEG.

Still, nice to see QX recognize this route for its potential, and announce its return..makes perfect sense!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2015, 4:56 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post
And it will almost certainly mean the end of WN's service on the route by this time next year..pretty much a given it will abandon n/s service..I think the only reason it survived was because QX discontinued it years ago and left it all to WN. Now the tables have turned, and the landscape is far different for WN in BOI than it was in the not so distant past. No more SEA, no more PDX, no more RNO, and soon no more GEG.

Still, nice to see QX recognize this route for its potential, and announce its return..makes perfect sense!
Given how Southwest's business model has been changing, I think they would have eventually ended it whether QX restarted or not.

Also, it looks like the planned schedule for Boise to Seattle is now 10x daily flights for August instead of 11x daily which was previously loaded.

With the new SkyWest maintenance hangar, it'll be interesting to see if Alaska sends the Embraer 175 to Boise at all.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2015, 3:37 AM

Would be awesome to have the E175 going into BOI, perhaps in the evening for overnight mx and back to SEA in the a.m.

As for WN, I think it has been performing fairly well on the GEG route, because otherwise that service would have ended long ago, just as RNO, SEA, and PDX did. But, I don't think the success will continue once QX is back. Maybe there will be a 2nd PHX trip added if GEG is dropped. Not that they're at all related, just that it may be an opportunity already on the "possible add" list.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 6:07 PM

Bummer, no ATL flight until at least next summer: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...anta.html?rh=1

Delta says it can't spare the metal. I guess it would need to be at least an A320 or 738? Most of the 752s are probably on their way out... 753s probably dedicated to routes with high load factors (often what I'm on on SLC-DCA).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West