HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I am not a huge Carr fan too many drops and receivers are pretty easy to replace with the thousands of u.s. college programs. I hope Fantuz goes to Toronto since he is a good guy to market around in T.O. with Fantuz flakes and all. 100TH Grey Cup should be awesome though they sold 10,000 tickets in the first 21 hours and the system crashed. There will be a CFL film festival like the Toronto International film fest which is awesome and they combined the Santa Claus parade with the Grey Cup parade which will provide more recognition to the league in T.O.
I don't recall Greg Carr putting a ton of footballs on the turf. He's the biggest threat we have right now. Terrence Edwards is a great player, but he can't carry the load. He's an excellent second banana, but Carr produces matchup problems the likes of which nobody else on our team can create. 6'6 receivers with legitimately soft hands and skill don't grow on trees. You do not let arguably your most dynamic offensive piece walk away without putting in a competitive bid. He's one of the best short-side wideouts north of the border.

Every rookie you bring in has no experience. Rookies are for rebuilding teams, not for a team looking to win a ring. Greg Carr is young, and if we are lucky isn't going anywhere. He's only going to get better, and already is our best redzone threat through the air (big, reliable target, who creates separation and wins 50/50 balls). To write him off as easily replaceable is nuts.

Last edited by Boreal; Dec 13, 2011 at 6:27 AM.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 4:56 AM
Go Chiefs!

If you guys don't offer him anything, we'll be glad to take him.

Calvillo having Richardson, Green and Carr(instead of Watkins) as targets... I like.

+Carr is probably the only receiver in the CFL that is bigger than our receivers so we have to have him on OUR side.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 2:49 AM
It's Hammer Time

Ticats deal Glenn, Dewit for veteran QB Burris

http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats...eran-qb-burris

Out with the old, in with the older.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats started their New Year with a blockbuster of a deal, acquiring 36-year-old quarterback Henry Burris from the Calgary Stampeders in exchange for 32-year-old Kevin Glenn. The Stamps also get offensive lineman Mark Dewit, a Calgary native who started 11 games at centre for Hamilton last season, and a conditional draft pick.

The deal is expected to be officially announced Tuesday morning, according to several sources.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 4:25 AM

So Henry Burris and Ricky Ray go from the battle of Alberta to the battle of Ontario
Im not sure what to say about his offseason so far .

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 2:01 PM

I am not sure this helps Hamilton Burris might be done just like Kerry Joseph when he went to Toronto in 2008. Quinton Porter has had 5 years now to learn the league and he has not improved let him go, scout the u.s. colleges for someone better.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 2:09 PM
It's Hammer Time

Surprised the Ticats are making all these decisions without a coach yet.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 3:03 PM

Whatever happened to Eric Glavic if anyone knows ??
Im pretty sure he was signed by Hamilton .

It would also be pretty cool if they could get Kyle Quinlan
might be Canadian but he played a fantastic Vanier .

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 10:50 PM

Do you have any idea how far behind in development CIS qb's are compared to American qb's it's like ECHL players vs NHL players.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 9:13 AM
The New Republic

With Burris gone from Calgary, does this mean that Brad Sinopoli might end up as their back up quarterback in 2012?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 3:27 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Sinopoli's not bad, but I would think he'll be 3rd string for at least one more season.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 2:48 AM

Ugh, I don't like the Cats picking up Burris. Hopefully he has a good year still left in him, but this reminds me of Jason Maass.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 4:06 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
Ugh, I don't like the Cats picking up Burris. Hopefully he has a good year still left in him, but this reminds me of Jason Maass.
. . . or Keri Joseph?
The thing with Burris is he can look great for stretches and then suddenly look like a raw rookie without warning. Your just never sure what Hank is going to appear at each game or even series.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2012, 8:17 PM
It's Hammer Time

Ticats hire George Cortez as new head coach

http://www.thespec.com/sports/articl...new-head-coach

The Ticats have finally found their man.

Owner Bob Young took to Twitter on Saturday afternoon to announce the club has hired George Cortez to be head coach and director of football operations.

“Hey @Ticats, we’ve hired George Cortez as new HC of #Ticats. Check out www.Ticats.ca. So excited had to tell someone!” Young wrote using his handle, @CaretakerBob.

Cortez, 60, joins the Ticats after two seasons as the quarterbacks coach with the NFL's Buffalo Bills, though he has extensive CFL experience, most recently as offensive coordinator and associate head coach of the Calgary Stampeders from 2007 to 2009. He has worked extensively with new Ticat quarterback Henry Burris, acquired by the Ticats in a trade last month, and has been a part of four Grey Cup-winning organizations.

“George’s track record of success speaks for itself, including more than 30 years of coaching experience in the CFL, NFL and NCAA,” Young said in a follow-up release. “He’s been a part of four Grey Cup championship teams, has engineered some of the CFL’s most prolific offences and has coached some of the best quarterbacks in professional football.

“We’re extremely confident that he will build us a championship-calibre program here in Hamilton.”

The Ticats will introduce Cortez, along with Burris, at a media conference on Tuesday.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2012, 8:50 PM

THANK YOU HAMILTON

we can keep Burke now

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 10:08 AM

Not nearly enough Rider talk on this thread

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 2:54 PM

I forgot the Riders suck. Great 2 for 1 sale for napkins at Superstore this week.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 7:48 PM

We may suck, but we have a hell of a time doing it.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 9:50 PM

I like the Cortez hire in Hamilton. I've always held him in high regard. We'll see how he fills out his staff. In the end of the day, the success in Hamilton will rest squarely on the shoulders of one, Mr. Hank Burris.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 7:19 PM
It's Hammer Time

TIGER-CATS HIRE CREEHAN AS DEFENSIVE CO-ORDINATOR

HAMILTON, Ont. -- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats hired Casey Creehan as their defensive co-ordinator Friday.

Creehan joins the Ticats after serving the last two years as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers linebackers coach. He is the son of former Hamilton defensive co-ordinator Denny Creehan.

"I'm very excited to add Casey to our staff as defensive co-ordinator," Ticats head coach George Cortez said in a statement. "He's been involved with an exciting style of defence in Winnipeg over the last couple of years and after working together in Calgary, I know Casey is capable of leading an energetic, aggressive defence here in Hamilton."

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=385595

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 3:39 PM
It's Hammer Time

Ticats have signed Andy Fantuz.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada