HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 27, 2009, 7:55 PM

I know this has been asked before,but how come in the computer models above are all the towers have slightly differen't colors? I thought that with the exception of Tower2 which is supposed be darker lower down then lighten as it rises that all the towers would be virtually the same as building 7.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2009, 9:52 PM

^^^You may be right about all of the other towers having the same color, at one point in time. I don't think that is the case now. There is a picture at WTC.com showing Silverstein looking at panels of glass tower 4 could be sheathed in. As for tower 2, that whole light to dark thing was scrapped, and it is now all one color.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2009, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
As for tower 2, that whole light to dark thing was scrapped, and it is now all one color.
Awww. Seriously? I thought that was a cool idea. That sucks.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2009, 11:22 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
There is a picture at WTC.com showing Silverstein looking at panels of glass tower 4 could be sheathed in.
The facade of Tower 4 is planned to stand out from the others.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2009, 12:15 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2009, 3:28 PM

I checked out Wtc.com and saw that. I had seen before but very cool. As far as I can tell it is the same as 7 although obviously a differen't pattern. I just know building 7 is so beautiful and soaks in whatever the sky can look like. I hope all the buildings more or less replicate its effects with glat great choice of outer glass.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2009, 11:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySky View Post
As far as I can tell it is the same as 7 although obviously a differen't pattern. I just know building 7 is so beautiful and soaks in whatever the sky can look like. I hope all the buildings more or less replicate its effects with glat great choice of outer glass.

Not quite the same as 7
http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=506

Tokyo based Maki called his 61-story tower, standing at 946ft (288 metres) an "abstract, minimalist" creation and said it would be clad in a perforated aluminum that would make it the lightest-colored of the three buildings. In the 146,000 square feet of retail space at the base, Maki has proposed a multilevel public chamber at Liberty Street, through which commuters bound for Wall Street, will pass. He has also proposed a restaurant overlooking the memorial plaza, offering the public an elevated vantage. Maki's building will look transparent from the inside but a metallic mesh, which pays homage to midtown's Chrysler Building, will make it look luminous from the outside

Old Posted Mar 28, 2009, 11:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
As far as I can tell it is the same as 7 although obviously a differen't pattern. I just know building 7 is so beautiful and soaks in whatever the sky can look like. I hope all the buildings more or less replicate its effects with glat great choice of outer glass.

I don't want to keep this off topic, but it won't be quite the same as 7
http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com...&upload_id=506

Tokyo based Maki called his 61-story tower, standing at 946ft (288 metres) an "abstract, minimalist" creation and said it would be clad in a perforated aluminum that would make it the lightest-colored of the three buildings. In the 146,000 square feet of retail space at the base, Maki has proposed a multilevel public chamber at Liberty Street, through which commuters bound for Wall Street, will pass. He has also proposed a restaurant overlooking the memorial plaza, offering the public an elevated vantage. Maki's building will look transparent from the inside but a metallic mesh, which pays homage to midtown's Chrysler Building, will make it look luminous from the outside

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 1:13 AM
Charismatic Stallion

Please excuse the OCD-ness of this comment, but if the 1WTC title thread will be "One World Trade Center" can we change the rest into that format, as in "Three World Trade Center"?

It sounds ridiculous, but it bothers me...

Also, it seems like work picked up a bit (or I'm just crazy?). Good to see anyway!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 12:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffstuff129 View Post
Please excuse the OCD-ness of this comment, but if the 1WTC title thread will be "One World Trade Center" can we change the rest into that format, as in "Three World Trade Center"?
This buiding is 175 Greenwich Street.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 2:43 PM

Are there still plans to raise the height of building 3?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 3:19 PM
World Machine

Quote:
That was only if Merrill Lynch decided to move in.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 7:43 PM
millard fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Not quite the same as 7
http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com...&upload_id=506

That sounds an awful lot like the NY Times tower.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 8:43 PM

While it was a good idea to give each tower a seperate architect I also think that there should have been given some strict guidelines on the type of building materials used.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Maki's building will look transparent from the inside but a metallic mesh, which pays homage to midtown's Chrysler Building, will make it look luminous from the outside
Great news. One of the best things abut the old WTC was the ambient aluminum glow the buildings attained at night.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffstuff129 View Post

It sounds ridiculous, but it bothers me...

Also, it seems like work picked up a bit (or I'm just crazy?). Good to see anyway!
I dont understand why they named it this, and isnt it 4 WTC??

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 11:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Doubt it. Silverstein's plans for a taller, larger building was intended for Merrill Lynch's headquarters. (They were also looking to move to a similarly sized tower at the Hotel Pennsylvania site).

The Port Authority is scheduled to give Larry Silverstein full access to all of his sites this week. Hopefully we will see more photos like this: (from lowermanhattan.info)

A backhoe breaks rock for footings excavation at the Tower 3 (“T3”) site.

Excavation is underway at the T3 site, as T4 foundations are constructed next door.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
I dont understand why they named it this, and isnt it 4 WTC??
I appoligize for my confusion. Out of every tower being built, I just dont know what to say about it. I mean its the most noticable in my opinion but Im not sure.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2009, 4:35 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoen313 View Post
That sounds an awful lot like the NY Times tower.
Only in that it will feature a brise soleil 'second facade.' The materials are entirely different; this is perforated aluminium while the NYT was ceramic rods.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 3:53 PM

I love how this will hug the street. It is hard to visualize, when walking through this neighborhood, this kind of density existing again. But when it does, oh boy. Downtown right now has an unpleasant amount of empty lots, this being simply the largest. Fulton Street, 99 Church, Nassau Street, and a few small ones around Chambers. When this is all done the area will be almost unrecognizable!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive