HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 7:02 PM

Tishman low income development

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
And speaking of mid-Market/Civic Center...

From www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco:

Source and the rest of the article: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...e-for-201.html

If I'm not mistaken, 1400 Mission is the lot directly south of the 10th and Market project. We could see this whole city block developed over the next 2-3 years!
1977 - See my picture above - the foreground is slated for the low income development. There is a property across the street that was to be developed (site of a tire store, now parking) for market rate but is idle now.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
1977 - See my picture above - the foreground is slated for the low income development. There is a property across the street that was to be developed (site of a tire store, now parking) for market rate but is idle now.
That's right...this one at 1415 Mission:

Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 10:09 PM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
And speaking of mid-Market/Civic Center...

Source and the rest of the article: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...e-for-201.html

If I'm not mistaken, 1400 Mission is the lot directly south of the 10th and Market project. We could see this whole city block developed over the next 2-3 years!
That would be nice to get the ball rolling on 201 Folsom. For those who don't remember it's the block right behind Infinity.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 12:45 AM
Only Mostly Dead

So much good news, I don't know where to begin. It's amazing that we've waited so long for 10th and Market and now suddenly that whole block will be built out. And 140 Montgomery might finally get brought back to life? I'm as happy about that as anything. This and the Russ Building are probably my two favorite older highrises in the city. I've missed its lighting. Can't wait to see it lit more regularly again.

Jerry - I understand what you're saying about the appeal of turning it into condos. It would be a great building to live in and you're right, the lobby is amazing. But I'm happy it can still function as an office building. It's what it was built for and I have a sentiment for certain aspects of the office culture of the 30's and 40's. You can tap into the feeling a little bit when the old timers are still active as office buildings.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 7:48 PM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
One Rincon Hill's Little Brother Could Actually Be Built Soon

Wednesday, May 26, 2010, by Andy J. Wang

Following Gavin's signing yesterday of his own widely touted fee-deferral "stimulus" program for new developments, the SF Examiner has a tantalizingly vague story saying that the second tower of One Rincon Hill is "poised to finally be built." This, after news hit in fall 2008 that the second tower would be put on hold indefinitely due to inclement financial weather. What's changed? Either 80 or 85 percent of the impact fees that developer Urban West Associates owes the city can be deferred now to completion of the project — the combination of that, plus another law on transfer fees, could "bring $19 million in savings" for the 46-story second tower, says a consultant. "It will lower costs and make construction start that much earlier." How much earlier he doesn't say, but it sounds like the shackles could be loosening sooner rather than later on this beast. Given the debacle over the fees that Urban West was accused of not paying the last time around, the developer may want to tread carefully this time. At least around reporters!
http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2010/0...built_soon.php
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 10:23 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^That posting is well over a year old. Is there something new happening? I saw another CurbedSF article that suggested building ORH2 as rentals due to the hot rental market, but that was pure speculation on their part.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 11:59 PM
Droppin' Loads

Oh yeah. My bad. I accidentally clicked on the link on curbed and assumed it was new. Would be nice though to get that one built.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 11:46 PM

Good news! The SFMOMA expansion was approved by the Planning Commission today.

From sf.curbed.com:

Quote:
This afternoon the Planning Commission debated the Certification of Final Environmental Impact Report for the SFMOMA Expansion by Norwegian firm Snøhetta. The project expands the existing SFMOMA (with a 200-foot-tall, 230,000-square-foot addition) and demos-and-relocates Fire Station No. 1 from 676 Howard Street to a new building at 935 Folsom Street. First up, since it was the final certification of the (very long) EIR, public comment was kept short, and it was certified.
Article and source: http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2011/1...nsion.php#more

Source: sf.curbed.com

Source: sf.curbed.com

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 11:52 PM

Also, there's a new proposal at 376 Castro (at Market) which, as we know, is a pretty significant corner. It's a little difficult to have an opinion about the design until we get a better rendering.

Source: www.socketsite.com

Source and article: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2....html#comments

Quote:
The proposed project would involve the demolition of the existing automotive gasoline and service station...and the construction of a six-story, approximately 65-foot-tall, 43,070-square-foot, mixed-use building with 24 residential units, approximately 2,990 square feet of ground-floor commercial space and a 14-space underground parking garage with ingress and egress from Castro.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 1:12 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Glad to see the Jawa Sandcrawler was approved. Not surprising really. Now onto the BOS, which will probably be another slam dunk.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Glad to see the Jawa Sandcrawler was approved. Not surprising really. Now onto the BOS, which will probably be another slam dunk.
Haha...totally.

We'll have to add it to this short list.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 4:27 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Great link! The connection between the Hotel du Lac, Tunisia and Star Wars is very interesting. I had never heard about that before.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 5:18 PM

Another new project - This one is a 284 foot condo tower proposed for 75 Howard near the Embarcadero. Currently, it is an 8 story parking garage aka a waste of prime real estate.

Quote:
Condo plan comes out of deep freeze - Tower eyed for 75 Howard

San Francisco Condo plan comes out of deep freeze

Paramount Group is proposing to build a 160-unit residential highrise at the foot of Howard Street in San Francisco’s south financial district, the latest indication that developers are starting to plan new projects again after more than three years of inactivity.
Source and article: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...ep-freeze.html

There's a little blurb about it on SocketSite as well:

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2....html#comments

Can anyone find a rendering?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 7:20 PM
Only Mostly Dead

SocketSite is usually pretty good at getting hold of renderings -- hopefully they'll have something soon. They also mentioned it will be 284 feet tall. There's a small triangular block right in front of this that has been discussed for use as a playground. Might be a nice selling point if it doesn't kill the condo project entirely because of shadows.

Side note: the top of that garage was a favorite filming location on Streets of San Francisco because of the great views from the top. Will be even better from a taller condo tower.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2011, 9:11 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Side note: the top of that garage was a favorite filming location on Streets of San Francisco because of the great views from the top. Will be even better from a taller condo tower.
It really did have great views. For a few years I was able to go up there and watch the NYE fireworks shows, but a couple years back they started chasing viewers off the top deck. Anyway, the bay views from there really can't be beat.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2011, 9:41 PM

I just drove by Ellist street on Divisadero and noticed new condoes going up. Anybody know anything about it?

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPA View Post
I just drove by Ellist street on Divisadero and noticed new condoes going up. Anybody know anything about it?
Here ya go:

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...isadero_a.html

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 6:55 AM

Hey everyone, I have a question about the Westfield San Francisco Centre. Does anyone know if it's still performing pretty well? I am doing a project on it and heard that it was a success when it first opened... but how's it doing today?

Thanks.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 7:56 AM

Wow, lot's of interesting projects being reported, thanks for all of the links.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2011, 8:08 PM

25 Essex is set to begin construction in December:

Quote:
Construction is ramping up again in the Rincon Hill neighborhood!

First, we saw the 333 Harrison Street construction project begin this past summer. In December, we should expect to see movement in the first of the Transbay Redevelopment Area projects – the Rene Cazenave Apartments at 25 Essex Street (at Folsom Street).
Source and full article: http://www.rinconhillsf.org/building...ve-apartments/

Renderings here.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations