HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

    

Salesforce Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3841  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 2:49 AM
maywaylayaway maywaylayaway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 27
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
^^I don't necessarily take that to mean that anytime members of the public can just walk on in and go up there. I suspect it means that at specified times and for specified occasions the public will have access.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sa...019-2018-09-27

Nope, it seems like this is a full on observation deck for free. Wasnt expecting one like others stated in the forum, but its great to officially have an observation deck.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3842  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 3:16 PM
homebucket homebucket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 351
Ah, interesting. What a pleasant surprise! I'm guessing there's going to be a dedicated express elevator for this then? Typically observation decks require some type of security checkpoint and bag check too, and the lobby doesn't seem particularly spacious.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3843  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 2:31 AM
maywaylayaway maywaylayaway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Ah, interesting. What a pleasant surprise! I'm guessing there's going to be a dedicated express elevator for this then? Typically observation decks require some type of security checkpoint and bag check too, and the lobby doesn't seem particularly spacious.
The lobby doesn't seem too spacious, but then again, visitors might be shuttled off near the back of the first floor, entering from the plaza. I'm sure that they'll have dedicated elevators too, otherwise I wouldn't imagine Benioff signing off on this
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3844  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:28 AM
coyotetrickster's Avatar
coyotetrickster coyotetrickster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by maywaylayaway View Post
The lobby doesn't seem too spacious, but then again, visitors might be shuttled off near the back of the first floor, entering from the plaza. I'm sure that they'll have dedicated elevators too, otherwise I wouldn't imagine Benioff signing off on this
The use of/access to the finished out top floor of Salesforce is free to civic groups to use as a location for fundraisers, community outreach events, etc. It is not open to the general public.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3845  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 11:01 PM
OneRinconHill OneRinconHill is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotetrickster View Post
The use of/access to the finished out top floor of Salesforce is free to civic groups to use as a location for fundraisers, community outreach events, etc. It is not open to the general public.
No, he said it would be open to the public free of charge.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3846  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 1:22 AM
observatory's Avatar
observatory observatory is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by maywaylayaway View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sa...019-2018-09-27

Nope, it seems like this is a full on observation deck for free. Wasnt expecting one like others stated in the forum, but its great to officially have an observation deck.

Wow thanks for the posted article link. This sounds almost too good to be true but what a gift to the City if it is indeed so!! Maybe we won't have to wait until the "next supertall" for a decent observatory afterall!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3847  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 7:35 PM
maywaylayaway maywaylayaway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by observatory View Post
Wow thanks for the posted article link. This sounds almost too good to be true but what a gift to the City if it is indeed so!! Maybe we won't have to wait until the "next supertall" for a decent observatory afterall!
Yeah I'm pretty excited too. I believe that despite the NIMBY's objections, the tower- and the neighborhood- has a bright future ahead of it. I do wonder how Oceanwide Center is gonna turn out. It's going to be an interesting addition.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3848  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 8:59 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by maywaylayaway View Post
Yeah I'm pretty excited too. I believe that despite the NIMBY's objections, the tower- and the neighborhood- has a bright future ahead of it. I do wonder how Oceanwide Center is gonna turn out. It's going to be an interesting addition.
I wished it was 2021 already
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3849  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 5:04 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 342
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3850  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 2:00 AM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,052
Animated Flames Atop the Salesforce Tower 10/31/2018

View from my apartment in the Civic Center (zoom lens). No, not the real thing! Part of the light show!

Animated Flames Atop the Salesforce Tower by Apollo's Light, on Flickr
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza Resident Since 1971 (the building everyone loves to hate :>)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3851  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 3:38 AM
iamfishhead iamfishhead is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
View from my apartment in the Civic Center (zoom lens). No, not the real thing! Part of the light show!

Animated Flames Atop the Salesforce Tower by Apollo's Light, on Flickr
There was an eye there too. I think that petition to do the eye of Sauron might have worked.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3852  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 3:57 AM
viewguysf's Avatar
viewguysf viewguysf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfishhead View Post
There was an eye there too. I think that petition to do the eye of Sauron might have worked.
I can clearly see the eye from my place—this is the most spectacular display yet!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3853  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 5:56 AM
mt_climber13 mt_climber13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,184
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3854  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 7:15 PM
Austin55's Avatar
Austin55 Austin55 is offline
__________
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 4,884
Hahah! Really glad they did this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3855  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 6:11 AM
botoxic botoxic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Mission
Posts: 684
Video Link


The nod to the holiday was surprisingly effective - ominous and creepy. For the first time since the week the art display went live, I found myself actively seeking out the tower throughout the City.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3856  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 10:36 AM
SFBuildings888 SFBuildings888 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by botoxic View Post
Video Link


The nod to the holiday was surprisingly effective - ominous and creepy. For the first time since the week the art display went live, I found myself actively seeking out the tower throughout the City.
It is too bad they won’t do anything else for major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Independence Day, and New Years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3857  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 5:33 AM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,052
Botoxic - Thanks for the video of the Salesforce tower in flames. I agree with you, very creepy! Living in a high-rise building myself & been through a few fires I don't take them lightly! I would have preferred to have seen some black cats & flying bats!
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza Resident Since 1971 (the building everyone loves to hate :>)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3858  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 10:56 PM
observatory's Avatar
observatory observatory is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 127
While I appreciate the "attempt" to do the eye of Sauron, I must admit as a die-hard LOTR fan, it really doesn't look like the eye in the movie at all. Just a bunch of flames with an egg sunny side up moving around them. They should've had the curved arches on each side with the more realistic "cat's eye" in the middle. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3859  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 12:02 AM
observatory's Avatar
observatory observatory is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 127
Shout out to mountain climber for that movie poster of The Towering Inferno. As you might guess from my avatar, I really appreciate it as I've never seen that design before
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3860  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 5:13 AM
viewguysf's Avatar
viewguysf viewguysf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,806
I just wish that Jim Campbell’s usual projections would be more varied and dynamic at times, kudos to him for making Halloween happen! It couldn’t look exactly like the Eye of Sauron, but it was mesmerizing to watch all night. I loved it!

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/11/1/1805...alloween-night

Last edited by viewguysf; Nov 4, 2018 at 5:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:21 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.