HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:15 PM

That's already called the Quebec City - Windsor Corridor. No Toronto or Montreal in the name, let alone anything in upstate NY.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
you're

Constructive criticism.
Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 11:43 PM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Cool new sig! So you're now a prairie boy transplant in Vancouver?

Actually, I have zero interest in moving to Canada's eighth largest city.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 4:14 AM
from the inside out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosin007 View Post
Personally I just don't think you like me very much. (Which is fine), & I do acknowledge the things you've said
& believe maybe u do deserve a response of some kind, but after responding to you more than a few times already
I've come to the conclusion that it's a waste of time, I'd say ur better off reading what other's have said about me!
Well, as usual you don't want to learn, so you will continue having the experiences you have been having.

One last attempt: you just don't get the 'personal' aspect of this. From what you said above, we have a good example at hand. You think "[I] just don't like you very much." Now, listen to this little bit: I don't have a clue who you are. I don't like or not like you. To me you are a forum member. Your full person-hood is something between you and the people who actually share your life. An internet forum is not a place in which we get to know each other in a full personal manner. AGAIN: I don't like or not like you. I don't like your obnoxious, or stupid, or distracting, or childish posts.

As one who is critical of you, I have also gone out of my way to offer you some help in understanding these things. You ignore. I am finished with you. It looks like you are no longer dramatically leaving. I am fine with that. If you post interesting, constructive, truthful things, I will engage you in kind. But no more of this. You think you have been wasting your time. Again, you have things backwards and seem like you cannot learn.

Tosin - the only one who loses here is Tosin.
Baby Desaguliers was taken out of France in a barrel to escape the Revocation of Nantes. My great grandfather escaped from the same French town. He ended up reading Desaguliers' Newton papers at Oxford.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 1:15 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Marshal,

Tosin mentioned a while ago that he has a learning disability of some sort. Thus, explaining to him how to behave in a logical manner is probably a waste of time. Getting on his case when he gets way out of line will probably be more fruitful. We can only manage his brain farts, changing his behaviour any deeper than that will be next to impossible, his track record proves it. I have a bad feeling that if he keeps up he'll end up going the way of Stryker, someone who brought a lot more to this forum but who couldn't help himself.

Tosin007: "I know I need to get laid"
WhipperSnapper: "My seriousness is simply a veil hiding a true comedic genius."
OutOfTowner: "I live in Villeray - a block from Marché Jean Talon. And my choice of hairstyle is none of your business."

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 3:10 PM

More than 58 000 French citizens living in Montreal are registered to vote in the french election, out of the 150,000 French nationals living in Montreal, the largest community of French expats outside Europe.

Article in The Gazette.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 7:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Marshal,

Tosin mentioned a while ago that he has a learning disability of some sort. Thus, explaining to him how to behave in a logical manner is probably a waste of time. Getting on his case when he gets way out of line will probably be more fruitful. We can only manage his brain farts, changing his behaviour any deeper than that will be next to impossible, his track record proves it. I have a bad feeling that if he keeps up he'll end up going the way of Stryker, someone who brought a lot more to this forum but who couldn't help himself.
Well said sort of, yes I do have a learning disability of some kind, & I have been diagnosed for it. However this was in my youth so I'm not sure if it still applies who knows right?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 7:51 PM
BANNED

Just a Random thought I had the other day.
(Not related to Statistics in any way/ shape or form),
Now when I think about it London, Ontario is like the Ontario version of Red Deer. (Or Maybe
Red Deer is the Alberta version of London since London is the Older/ Larger City)? Now what I
mean by that Statement is they are both Medium Sized Cities sandwiched between 2 Large Cities.
In Red Deer's Case it's Calgary/ Edmonton & in London's Case it's Toronto & Detroit. (However
the Population is much, much, larger between Ontario/ Michigan State), so what is considered
"Medium Sized"/ Large in those places/ areas is completely redefined relative to Alberta,
where it has Zero Metropolitan Area's with more people than it's entire Provinces Population.

Oh well just something to think about I guess. :/

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 8:30 PM
Montérégien

Quote:
Just a Random thought I had the other day.
(Not related to Statistics in any way/ shape or form),
Now when I think about it London, Ontario is like the Ontario version of Red Deer. (Or Maybe
Red Deer is the Alberta version of London since London is the Older/ Larger City)? Now what I
mean by that Statement is they are both Medium Sized Cities sandwiched between 2 Large Cities.
In Red Deer's Case it's Calgary/ Edmonton & in London's Case it's Toronto & Detroit. (However
the Population is much, much, larger between Ontario/ Michigan State), so what is considered
"Medium Sized"/ Large in those places/ areas is completely redefined relative to Alberta,
where it has Zero Metropolitan Area's with more people than it's entire Provinces Population.

Oh well just something to think about I guess. :/

Since this is only a parenthesis, I'd say that if you ever look for anything comparable to Red Deer, elsewhere in Canada, you'd probably like to check up on Drummondville, QC. Similar size-wise, kind of a "frontier" vibe, grew essentially because of the highway, similar economic prospects, equally located between 2 major cities... and "meh" architecture (except for the basilica though). Only a thought...

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 9:41 PM
from the inside out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Marshal,

Thanks for the information. Understood. I just can't help giving it a go sometimes with these types. On the forum, I wish they would just go away and stop messing things. But, there are people behind it, and, no matter how annoying, they need help - granted, that can't come from me, but rather a professional.

And, by the way, Tosin007: I am going to comment on your contribution to the Skyline thread, and again here instead of there if you can handle it: you have been choosing some very striking images lately. You might want to drop the population figures though, before some stupid argument about them derails that thread. It's all about the photos after-all.
Baby Desaguliers was taken out of France in a barrel to escape the Revocation of Nantes. My great grandfather escaped from the same French town. He ended up reading Desaguliers' Newton papers at Oxford.

Last edited by Marshal; Apr 22, 2017 at 9:56 PM.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 11:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal View Post
Thanks for the information. Understood. I just can't help giving it a go sometimes with these types. On the forum, I wish they would just go away and stop messing things. But, there are people behind it, and, no matter how annoying, they need help - granted, that can't come from me, but rather a professional.

And, by the way, Tosin007: I am going to comment on your contribution to the Skyline thread, and again here instead of there if you can handle it: you have been choosing some very striking images lately. You might want to drop the population figures though, before some stupid argument about them derails that thread. It's all about the photos after-all.
Thanks for the compliment! Finally we can agree with something or get along. (Which is positive to see).
It's ironic ur from Vancouver also because u remind me of a Character in one of my favorite Tv Show's filmed
in ur City of a Guy that the Main Antagonist didn't really like having to work with but eventually they opened up & became friends.
But ya I will drop the Population Figures for sure, good looking out!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 11:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
Since this is only a parenthesis, I'd say that if you ever look for anything comparable to Red Deer, elsewhere in Canada, you'd probably like to check up on Drummondville, QC. Similar size-wise, kind of a "frontier" vibe, grew essentially because of the highway, similar economic prospects, equally located between 2 major cities... and "meh" architecture (except for the basilica though). Only a thought...
I guess so, but Ontario's Population is FAR, FAR Larger than Alberta's is, London is like a "Medium Sized" City for Ontario.
(Or @ the very least nationally).
Toronto is the Major one, & Detroit is a Major one for Michigan.
(I still feel it somewhat applies just on a larger scale by virtue of Ontario being larger).
Calgary & Edmonton are BOTH Major Cities respectively for their provinces as well as Nationally for Canada.
Just like Detroit is a Major City for Michigan & the United States, & Toronto is a Major City for Ontario & Canada as a whole.
Sure u can say that for the Drummondville Example.
But the 2 Largest Cities it is sandwiched between, aren't as close in Population as Toronto vs Detroit, or Edmonton vs. Calgary in this Comparison.
Montreal & Quebec City are VERY different Sizes. For Toronto it is Larger than Detroit's Metro by maybe 2 & Half Million.
As opposed to over 3 in the Case for Montreal vs. Quebec City.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 11:23 PM

Tosin..You are like the Rain man.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 6:05 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Tosin..You are like the Rain man.
How so? Lol I find it somewhat Ironic u said that though/ brought that up oddly enough it rained in Calgary today!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2017, 7:01 AM
from the inside out

edit,

This is like a black hole . . . Tosin, I don't know what's truly up with you. Just learn and follow a few basic social parameters, and no-one will get on your back. Don't insult or antagonize anyone and things will go fine. As with any social environment, manners are a good lubricant. Wanting to be understood should not mean feeling free to post every idea that runs through your thoughts. Contributing means being thoughtful, constructive, truthful. There is room for going outside the limits, but it should be a rare circumstance. We all want some levity, controversy and oddity, but mostly, you serve the forum by providing truly interesting thoughts/numbers/photos, etc.. "Know your audience," otherwise what is the point?

Anyone else - I would love to see a statistic: % of smokers per province? Total value of in place construction (the value of everything in the built environment) per city or Province? Traffic counts for all major Canadian bridges/tunnels, or highways bwtween major destinations? Cost/km or costs per traveler of major transportation projects: transit, road, rail, ferry, airport? Anything? Anybody?

Last edited by Marshal; Apr 24, 2017 at 4:09 AM.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 6:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
edit,

This is like a black hole . . . Tosin, I don't know what's truly up with you. Just learn and follow a few basic social parameters, and no-one will get on your back. Don't insult or antagonize anyone and things will go fine. As with any social environment, manners are a good lubricant. Wanting to be understood should not mean feeling free to post every idea that runs through your thoughts. Contributing means being thoughtful, constructive, truthful. There is room for going outside the limits, but it should be a rare circumstance. We all want some levity, controversy and oddity, but mostly, you serve the forum by providing truly interesting thoughts/numbers/photos, etc.. "Know your audience," otherwise what is the point?

Anyone else - I would love to see a statistic: % of smokers per province? Total value of in place construction (the value of everything in the built environment) per city or Province? Traffic counts for all major Canadian bridges/tunnels, or highways bwtween major destinations? Cost/km or costs per traveler of major transportation projects: transit, road, rail, ferry, airport? Anything? Anybody?
Ok fine fair enough. & yeah I guess u have a good point, just don't overpost everything that comes to my mind got it. Don't insult other's either. I'm sorry that I have a bad habit of not doing those things . I'm just OCD & always want everything to be/ look perfect. (& I get dissapointed whenever it doesn't go that way). But I'll change, I'll change this behavior/ personality of mine because it hurts other people.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 9:22 AM
from the inside out

Quote:
Ok fine fair enough. & yeah I guess u have a good point, just don't overpost everything that comes to my mind got it. Don't insult other's either. I'm sorry that I have a bad habit of not doing those things . I'm just OCD & always want everything to be/ look perfect. (& I get dissapointed whenever it doesn't go that way). But I'll change, I'll change this behavior/ personality of mine because it hurts other people.
Tosin, do your best, don't stress it. Don't change your personality; that would be an inhuman task. Just follow a few simple rules to check yourself as you go.

Perfection is a very interesting topic though. I understand the difficulties of perfectionism. However, in terms of epistemology and metaphysics (the real kind, not the new age kind) perfection has a long tangled history in western philosophy. This isn't the place, but I will leave you a hint by way of a quote, not of a philosopher, but of a famous Italian chemist and novelist: in his book The Periodic Table, Primo Levi wrote, "[The] praise of purity which protects from evil like a coat of mail; the praise of impurity which gives rise to changes, in other words to life. I discarded the first . . . and I lingered to consider the second, which I found more congenial. In order for the wheel to turn, for life to be lived, impurities are needed."

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Wanting to be understood should not mean feeling free to post every idea that runs through your thoughts. Contributing means being thoughtful, constructive, truthful. "Know your audience," otherwise what is the point?
This is excellent advice for the entire forum. All too often, people post inside stories and name drop other posters when the conversation is really between those 2 people and is not relevant for the entire forum. It just clutters up the posts and turns into a Facebook feed for urbanists.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 6:36 AM
Keep yo pimp hand strong

The entire Canada section is like an episode of Days of our Lives. It's like watching a clique of high school girls but without the dirty thoughts.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 8:10 AM
from the inside out

High-school girls have dirty thoughts? Shameful!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada