HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2601  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 4:38 PM
BnaBreaker's Avatar
BnaBreaker BnaBreaker is offline
Dump Drumpf
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago/Nashville
Posts: 15,730
This project will truly be a game changer for downtown Nashville... and with 505 being built just a block north, 5th Ave. will never be the same!! Can't wait to see this one start to rise.
__________________
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."

-Bob Marley
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2602  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 4:40 PM
MidTenn1's Avatar
MidTenn1 MidTenn1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post


Another rendering of the 5+BROAD development shows the entrance to the National Museum of African American Music (NMAAM) directly across from America's number one, and most historic, music venue, the Ryman Auditorium.



Note the pic of Jimi Hendrix on the entrance. He got his start in Nashville.

Also, note the surface of Fifth Avenue which has a continuous grade, including sidewalks. Beautiful downtown project!!

Bump!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2603  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 5:12 PM
MidTenn1's Avatar
MidTenn1 MidTenn1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 469
Must be Thursday. More (Mid-rise) news.



We knew a little about this, but did not have a rendering or firm details. Good infill for Midtown. Just a block from St. Thomas Midtown Hospital.


Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2604  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 9:04 PM
Baronakim's Avatar
Baronakim Baronakim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 46
???

Does anyone know what is going on at 1st Ave S. and KWV across from the Ascend? There is a massive amount of earthmoving going on in front of the
brick thermal plant and it is over the entire site. Is this part of those nasty designs for the Rolling Mill Hill shown late last year? They were underwhelming
at best if so.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2605  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 10:33 PM
BnaBreaker's Avatar
BnaBreaker BnaBreaker is offline
Dump Drumpf
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago/Nashville
Posts: 15,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
Does anyone know what is going on at 1st Ave S. and KWV across from the Ascend? There is a massive amount of earthmoving going on in front of the
brick thermal plant and it is over the entire site. Is this part of those nasty designs for the Rolling Mill Hill shown late last year? They were underwhelming
at best if so.
Hmm... well, I read somewhere that the parking lot that was to replace the parking lots getting dug up for that project, was starting today, so maybe it's that? I'm not sure... doesn't seem like they'd put it there though.
__________________
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."

-Bob Marley
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2606  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 11:30 PM
James Owen's Avatar
James Owen James Owen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Must be Thursday. More (Mid-rise) news.



We knew a little about this, but did not have a rendering or firm details. Good infill for Midtown. Just a block from St. Thomas Midtown Hospital.

Are you sure it's a Hyatt Place and not a Hyatt House? Because that's what it looks like in the picture.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2607  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 5:38 PM
Baronakim's Avatar
Baronakim Baronakim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 46
Excavations underway?

I noticed yesterday that rock excavation work was underway at 2 hotel sites that are still listed as "proposed". The Holiday Inn hotel at 4th & Peabody is already excavated down 2 floors below street level and the Hilton site at 5th & Peabody has begun drilling for blasting too. Neither of them has yet been remarked as having broken ground yet. The Joseoh and Margaritaville are supposed to begin excavations in May, so there are a lot of holes being made in those two blocks. Also the demolition of the old Women's Rescue Mission is nearly completed, so I expect work to begin on those 2 hotels soon too.

Curtain wall glazing has begun on the J. W. Marriott tower and the floor forming is proceeding quite rapidly. Lots going on!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2608  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 3:40 AM
Chris Stritzel Chris Stritzel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 30
Does anyone have any updated photos of the 505 CST Project? I saw a YouTube video for a local TV Station after news of Megan Barry's Light Rall line reached STL. The news had a little view of the skyline from the East and 505 looks taller than the AT&T Building. Just wondering if the height changed because it looks significantly higher. I have a screenshot of it on my Twitter Account if anyone would like to see since I can't upload a photo from my camera roll. My account is (@chris_stritzel)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2609  
Old Posted Yesterday, 5:07 PM
ariesjow ariesjow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stritzel View Post
Does anyone have any updated photos of the 505 CST Project? I saw a YouTube video for a local TV Station after news of Megan Barry's Light Rall line reached STL. The news had a little view of the skyline from the East and 505 looks taller than the AT&T Building. Just wondering if the height changed because it looks significantly higher. I have a screenshot of it on my Twitter Account if anyone would like to see since I can't upload a photo from my camera roll. My account is (@chris_stritzel)
AT&T is the taller tower with its spires, but the roof of 505 will be higher than the roof of AT&T. 505 also sits at a higher elevation. It will appear taller from many angles. Here's a recent live cam shot.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2610  
Old Posted Yesterday, 6:03 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A. - Skid row adjacent
Posts: 6,953
Great shot!
__________________
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:36 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.