HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1801  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 1:54 PM
faridnyc faridnyc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 55
It s sad to see the height reduced in one venderbilt tower
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1802  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 2:23 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is online now
C21H30O2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 17,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
It s sad to see the height reduced in one venderbilt tower
While we lost a 100', considering its bulk (ESB bulk essentially) and that its essentially 432 Park height to the spire, I don't think we will really cry over the height reduction. Once we see how much a shorter, yet bulky tower like 30 Hudson stands out, a difference of 100' will be the last thing to worry about.

We still have plenty of towers to look forward to. Just check the front page of this super tall compilation to find out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1803  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 7:39 PM
faridnyc faridnyc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
While we lost a 100', considering its bulk (ESB bulk essentially) and that its essentially 432 Park height to the spire, I don't think we will really cry over the height reduction. Once we see how much a shorter, yet bulky tower like 30 Hudson stands out, a difference of 100' will be the last thing to worry about.

We still have plenty of towers to look forward to. Just check the front page of this super tall compilation to find out.
i prefer to see the height on the sipre at 1514ft
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1804  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 12:19 PM
hunser's Avatar
hunser hunser is offline
don't *meddle*...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York City / Wien
Posts: 4,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
i prefer to see the height on the sipre at 1514ft
We all would, but any tower approaching ~1,300ft/400m to roof is massive in my book.

I'm pretty sure that in the near future we'll see some very bold proposals, even taller than CPT. For now, just sit back and enjoy the (supertall) show.

igkiev4me

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1805  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 12:49 AM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is online now
C21H30O2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 17,263
Neat gif by Thomas Koloski

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1806  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:28 AM
lerande's Avatar
lerande lerande is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 8
such an elegant building! amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
The Zaha Hadid design from an article in today's Wall Street Journal

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1807  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 11:41 AM
hunser's Avatar
hunser hunser is offline
don't *meddle*...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York City / Wien
Posts: 4,000
Re: The Girasole, 1,050ft (320m).

New rendering showing a spire! Not sure how I feel about that ... I mean it would be the first spire in the Hudson Yards complex, but still...

Quote:
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:32 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.