HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 11:25 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

You just can't help but keep on digging that hole deeper, can you?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 11:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyeg66 View Post
Molson! You're alive! Nice to see you're back.
He's always been alive, he just doesn't like me so much, but I don't blame him seeing as how lots of people on here seem to hate me lately. It's really discouraging because I thought my contribution on here was valued.
& I don't deliberately try to get people on here to hate me, but they just do for w/e reason.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosin007 View Post
Now here's another Exmaple. Their's nothing particularly bad about this Photo sure, but it's fairly LARGE. & Unless ur using a Home PC & not a Tablet or Laptop then this is going to look fairly large on ur computer screen right?
On top of that the Picture Quality doesn't look anywhere near as crisp as this one!

You can see that their's also a pretty big difference in the way the lights look in both images/ photo's right?
I swear I don't know what you're talking about. The Instagram pictures that I post are always small in size and very light to load. Stop it please.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Sigh I don't even know what to say to that, I just think people
need to put more thought in the things they share
, that's my oppinion
it is what it is, I was complimenting him because he obviously
DID because he looked @ the "Quality" of the Photo's before sharing them as well as the size.
I'm entitled to my own opinion stop being so butthurt. If u think that the "Quality" of Photo's don't matter @ all, then you obviously have NEVER had friends that have worked in Photography. (Unlike me that knows at least 4 Different people that work in Photography). & let me say "Quality" does MATTER. It's not just for the topics/ threads we have here.
But then again it's just my opinion right? It's not as though this is a Photography Thread/ Page, this is about Skyline's more than it's about the "Quality" of the images that are shared. But I still think some people should put a little more thought behind what they share.
(Just like I do & a few other's on here do also).
Typically the ONLY ones Sharing lower Quality Photo's on here for the Most part are Montrealer's & Hamiltonian's anyways. The vast Majority of Canadians share Flickr Images/ Photo's from REAL ACTUAL Proffessional Canadian Photographer's. (& for the most part I have np or complaints). It's when a few people behave like they can share the lower quality photo's & that this is ok or BETTER, that I have a problem with that.
How am I wrong? If anything the highest Quality Photo's DESERVE more exposure/ recognition. NOT the lower "Quality"
Ameture Photo's. You do realize that this Country of our has awards for things like "Best Photographer"
within a Municipality. One of my friends in Calgary Rob Moses was a runner up. Go to the Skyline Threads of US Cities
u RARELY if ever see low "Quality" Images. So why am I somehow NOT allowed to complain about it here? It's
just bs if u ask me.
That's really rich, coming from you.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:27 AM
from the inside out

Tosin007, I'm not going to blame you for not getting it and going off with your stupid examples. You are one of the denser ones: opaquely child-like. My opinion, and by education (yes its obvious) its much more informed than yours could ever be.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 4:03 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Sigh I don't even know what to say to that, I just think people
need to put more thought in the things they share, that's my oppinion
it is what it is, I was complimenting him because he obviously
DID because he looked @ the "Quality" of the Photo's before sharing them as well as the size.
I'm entitled to my own opinion stop being so butthurt. If u think that the "Quality" of Photo's don't matter @ all, then you obviously have NEVER had friends that have worked in Photography. (Unlike me that knows at least 4 Different people that work in Photography). & let me say "Quality" does MATTER. It's not just for the topics/ threads we have here.
But then again it's just my opinion right? It's not as though this is a Photography Thread/ Page, this is about Skyline's more than it's about the "Quality" of the images that are shared. But I still think some people should put a little more thought behind what they share.
(Just like I do & a few other's on here do also).
Typically the ONLY ones Sharing lower Quality Photo's on here for the Most part are Montrealer's & Hamiltonian's anyways. The vast Majority of Canadians share Flickr Images/ Photo's from REAL ACTUAL Proffessional Canadian Photographer's. (& for the most part I have np or complaints). It's when a few people behave like they can share the lower quality photo's & that this is ok or BETTER, that I have a problem with that.
How am I wrong? If anything the highest Quality Photo's DESERVE more exposure/ recognition. NOT the lower "Quality"
Ameture Photo's. You do realize that this Country of our has awards for things like "Best Photographer"
within a Municipality. One of my friends in Calgary Rob Moses was a runner up. Go to the Skyline Threads of US Cities
u RARELY if ever see low "Quality" Images. So why am I somehow NOT allowed to complain about it here? It's
just bs if u ask me.
Look man, over the past year or so you've really built yourself a well deserved reputation as a grade-A dumbass. Not only dumb, but obnoxiously, arrogantly dumb. You've burned a lot of bridges with people who tried to direct you into a more enlightened path. If you think people are just going to forgive and forget and allow you to say whatever you want, you can forget it.

From now on, try to make all of your future posts as semi-intelligent as possible, because you've got your work cut out for you and it will take a long time before people tolerate or take you seriously again. The honeymoon period is over champ and insensitive off the cuff posts like that are apparently not doing you any favours.

Tosin007: "I know I need to get laid"
WhipperSnapper: "My seriousness is simply a veil hiding a true comedic genius."
OutOfTowner: "I live in Villeray - a block from Marché Jean Talon. And my choice of hairstyle is none of your business."

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:37 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Look man, over the past year or so you've really built yourself a well deserved reputation as a grade-A dumbass. Not only dumb, but obnoxiously, arrogantly dumb. You've burned a lot of bridges with people who tried to direct you into a more enlightened path. If you think people are just going to forgive and forget and allow you to say whatever you want, you can forget it.

From now on, try to make all of your future posts as semi-intelligent as possible, because you've got your work cut out for you and it will take a long time before people tolerate or take you seriously again. The honeymoon period is over champ and insensitive off the cuff posts like that are apparently not doing you any favours.
I still feel I am entitled to my own opinion, but if this is the way u guys feel about it/ will treat me I can
completely see why Chadillaccc left too. & I will do the same here now. So good Riddance this is my final post
on these boards Goodbye & no more Monthly Statistics or Photo contributions from me EVER again. I hope ur happy.

Last edited by Tosin007; Apr 21, 2017 at 6:48 AM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal View Post
Tosin007, I'm not going to blame you for not getting it and going off with your stupid examples. You are one of the denser ones: opaquely child-like. My opinion, and by education (yes its obvious) its much more informed than yours could ever be.
Well if that's the way u feel about it then u got what u wanted I'm never posting on these boards EVER again & that is because I HATE
the fact that I have to police my actions or how I feel about a subject or TOPIC Simply because it's not politically correct or it makes people feel too "butt-hurt".
Deal with it! In Life people are going to say things u don't agree with, your the one that needs to grow up, honestly I am ashamed by everyone on these boards.
@ first I thought u could take constructive criticism but I guess u guys can't goodbye & good riddance!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
You just can't help but keep on digging that hole deeper, can you?
Well I'm retiring my account on here anyways, seems I can't say even 1 thing without it being a subject of contempt, ridicule, disrespect, shame,
etc. No point posting ANYTHING EVER AGAIN, on a Message Board that doesn't truly value free speech, & demonizes people based on their opinions.
I'm not some happy go lucky emotionless robot, I have feelings, & I have opinions & I value them. The problem is why don't you guys value them?
So until you guys take a good hard look at yourselves in the mirror. (Which I doubt u will), I am retiring my account on these message boards.
Because I feel I am NEVER Truly valued for my contribution's anyways,
& even if I was they are completely & time & time again FORGOTTEN, or downplayed simply because of how people "feel" about my opinions. (Which I consider bs btw).
Seems I'm the only one in life that can be friends (Or @ least "friendly"), with people I don't agree with, I don't see why it's so hard for you
guys to though? Your just bullies that's all that you are, & as such I bully back, I don't take that sitting down.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:03 AM
from the inside out

Well handled as usual. Kind of contradicting your own position by not being able to take it. I guess its you thats "butt-hurt." I will miss all your pretend statistics and quack analysis, and racial romantics. Good-bye, Tosin.

On a serious note, and with no intent to be mean: I'm sure your "ways" are holding you back in other areas of life as well.
Your inability to police your own actions/opinions is nothing to be proud of . . . it is simply a standard social skill most children learn in elementary school. "Tact" isn't just politeness, its a tool of power that smart people use to work with others and attain their set goals. It simply does not work to say anything you feel like and then hide within the guise of "it's just my opinion."

So, you can go out in a blaze of glory and bluster, but in truth, you are a young man who needs to think about things. You have a lot of it backwards. Good luck.

(You shouldn't compare yourself to Chadillaccc. He annoyed a lot of people, but he was not like you . . . he tried to get along, and he contributed substantially.)

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 2:13 PM

lol, well good riddance. I think the forum will be a much less chaotic place from now on. I have never seen someone actively seek to offend so many people by trashing the photos they post, trashing their cities, or, what offended me the most, trashing their ethnic backgrounds, like he had done on several occasions wrt french Canadians.

I bear to hard feeling towards you Tosin and I hope you will find time to grow during your time away.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 2:44 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 2:54 PM
arf

^Those were fun. Winnipeg is finely starting to grow up a bit and look significantly different than when I lived there.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
I swear I don't know what you're talking about. The Instagram pictures that I post are always small in size and very light to load. Stop it please.
Ok I'm sorry.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFX-ME View Post
lol, well good riddance. I think the forum will be a much less chaotic place from now on. I have never seen someone actively seek to offend so many people by trashing the photos they post, trashing their cities, or, what offended me the most, trashing their ethnic backgrounds, like he had done on several occasions wrt french Canadians.

I bear to hard feeling towards you Tosin and I hope you will find time to grow during your time away.
I'm sorry & no I don't hate French Canadian's, or any minority groups for that matter. But I will take this time away to reflect for sure.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 4:03 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Well I'm retiring my account on here anyways, seems I can't say even 1 thing without it being a subject of contempt, ridicule, disrespect, shame,
etc.
I don't know you; neither am I familiar with what posts got you to this juncture. A word of advice though. It's the internet so you open yourself up to tons of nasty toxic people who you'd never let into your life other wise. SSP is interesting but out of self preservation do what (I suspect) thousands of members do:

Cut down your posts by 99%, read the bits that interest you, and gloss over the bits that are mean spirited/tedious/unpleasant (80% of SSP). I imagine you come on here as a hobby? Learn to filter.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:13 PM

Quote:
He's always been alive, he just doesn't like me so much, but I don't blame him seeing as how lots of people on here seem to hate me lately. It's really discouraging because I thought my contribution on here was valued.
& I don't deliberately try to get people on here to hate me, but they just do for w/e reason.
you make rude comments. People don't go out of their way to hate you, you just come across as a bit of a moron (no offense).

Quote:
& Here I thought I was the only one that could share truly "Beautiful"
Photo's of Vancouver & other various Cities.
(Not to sound rude to the vast lot of u posters on here).

But I find Flickr Images to look the best/ are of highest quality,
& typically are in more HDR than Instagram Photo's many of u are sharing/ have been known to share on here.
Some of them are also too large that they don't go over well on Smaller Computers or Laptops/ Tablets.
IMO even Photobucket is only just barely passable, Flickr Images of Skyline's
always look by far the best because their typically taken by Professional Photographer's.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
I don't know you; neither am I familiar with what posts got you to this juncture. A word of advice though. It's the internet so you open yourself up to tons of nasty toxic people who you'd never let into your life other wise. SSP is interesting but out of self preservation do what (I suspect) thousands of members do:

Cut down your posts by 99%, read the bits that interest you, and gloss over the bits that are mean spirited/tedious/unpleasant (80% of SSP). I imagine you come on here as a hobby? Learn to filter.

Yeah ur right I probably should do that. I have to stop trying to think like this is some sort of competition for who can post the most
overall. I just feel so small/ inadequate compared to u guys that have tens of thousands of posts though.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:42 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Your post count means very little to most people... far more important is the content of what you actually do post...

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah ur right I probably should do that. I have to stop trying to think like this is some sort of competition for who can post the most
overall. I just feel so small/ inadequate compared to u guys that have tens of thousands of posts though.
It doesn't matter. I've been on here for 10+ years and have half your number of posts. It's not a competition, it's just a forum. I use it, basically, to stay on top of the news and see what's going on across the country.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada