Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Johnson Controls World Headquarters in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Milwaukee Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 6:44 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
Don't know if this will help, but when Trump takes office in January he's planning on reducing the corporate tax to 33% from the current 39.56% which he promised as the biggest tax cuts since Ronald Reagan.

Btw I think this tower will be at least 750 with a flat top-with a crown or something more maybe in the 800-840 range-I believe there is a 50 story tower with a pointy top in Atlanta that's around 820 (Denver's tall 3 are in the 700-715 range but they were built in the 80s and have flat roofs)..
If it will be 50 floors.

-sb

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 7:56 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
I have a feeling that some of that information regarding if they've partnered with a firm will start trickling in within the next few months, not an entire year..
some forumers over at SSC have claimed to have inside knowledge that JCI has indeed started working with A&E firms on the design of the tower. grains of salt, of course.

the one year deadline isn't about whether or not they'll start working on schematic designs for a new tower (reading between the lines, it's pretty clear to me that some amount of preliminary design work has already taken place), it was about when JCI would publicly announce whether or not they have decided to even build a new tower for themselves.

we won't know if this is even going to be a thing or not for another year, regardless of what scant info might trickle out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
If it will be 50 floors.
if it will even be a project.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 8:17 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
some forumers over at SSC have claimed to have inside knowledge that JCI has indeed started working with A&E firms on the design of the tower. grains of salt, of course.

the one year deadline isn't about whether or not they'll start working on schematic designs for a new tower (reading between the lines, it's pretty clear to me that some amount of preliminary design work has already taken place), it was about when JCI would publicly announce whether or not they have decided to even build a new tower for themselves.

we won't know if this is even going to be a thing or not for another year, regardless of what scant info might trickle out...
It would be a real shame if they didn't do anything - that is such a prime piece of real estate..

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:30 PM

Can we qualify this project as dead?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 10:06 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch View Post
Can we qualify this project as dead?
I know nothing whatsoever about this project but were I to hazard a guess, I'd say no, it's probably not dead.

HQs don't usually take spec office space so if this company needs or wants a new HQ then unless the market has seen a major downturn or the company is in the process of downsizing it's likely they're still intent on building. Especially considering they claimed to have wanted the biggest building in the state. Of course, that also suggests a bit of ego and if cooler heads have prevailed since then possibly it's a no-go.

This stuff does take time and a couple years isn't unreasonable. In my city there was an announcement 2 and a half years ago about a new tallest on a pad built decades ago by a company that wouldn't have any trouble finding the money to build. The crane for it finally arrived this weekend.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 2:48 PM
devout Pizzatarian

i guess it's possible that this long-rumored project isn't dead, but the signs don't look good.

after several months of rumored leaks about the project, in sept. of 2015 JCI publicly stated that they would make a decision about whether or not to pursue the project within a year. in oct. of 2016, the company said that they would take yet another year to decide whether or not to pursue the project. fall of 2017 came and went without any statement from JCI. and here we are approaching fall of 2018 with still nothing.

i suppose it's possible that this might still be simmering on the backest of back burners, but i wouldn't get my hopes up.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Aug 21, 2018 at 3:20 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals