HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 11:38 AM

21-year old Coquitlam Nazi fined

she must have had an interesting experience in high-school.....i wonder what her parents fed her. dog food? cat food? corpses???

Time out for 'full-time Nazi'
Former Coquitlam woman dinged for $1,500 fine and $3,000 compensation for her racist messages on Internet

Ethan Baron, The Province
Published: Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A young neo-Nazi woman who posted hate-filled messages on the Internet while living in Coquitlam has been slapped with a fine by the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal.

Jessica Beaumont, 21, regularly posted messages on Stormfront, a U.S.-based white-power site, in which she described herself as a "full-time" Nazi.

"I don't feel the need to befriend non-whites," Beaumont wrote in 2004. "Nor would I like to associate with them."

She posted a "Bill of Racial Rights" later that year, in which Right No. 2 proclaimed: "White people have the right to retain and defend their own lands, free from immigration, or habitation by members of other races."

In other postings, Beaumont used racist terms for Asians, aboriginals and blacks.

She attacked homosexuals as "vile and disease ridden, as well as frigging perverts."

Jews did not escape her vitriol. She called them by their German name, juden, and described them as "dirty Jewish animals," as well as the "spawn of Satan himself."

She mistakenly ascribed Jewishness to the Ontario lawyer who filed the complaint with the tribunal, Richard Warman.

The tribunal fined Beaumont $1,500 and ordered her to pay $3,000 in "special compensation" to Warman.

"Most of [Beaumont's] messages are likely to expose a number of targeted groups to hatred," wrote tribunal member Athanasios Hadjis in his decision.

"Ms. Beaumont testified that she did not care what effect her messages would have on members of these groups or the community at large."

Hadjis tempered his condemnation.

"Compared to other hate messages that have come before the tribunal in the past, I find that Ms. Beaumont's do not have the same 'gravity,' " he wrote.

"Ms. Beaumont did not engage in any vivid descriptions of violence against the targeted groups."

Hadjis ordered her to "cease and desist" from discriminatory communications.

Beaumont moved to Calgary last year, where she lives with her parents and works retail for $10.50 an hour, the tribunal decision said.

She could not be reached yesterday for comment.

ebaron@png.canwest.com

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 11:00 PM
Dérive-r

Wow, I can't understand how people like this can still exist, especially in Canada and with someone as young as her. If she grew up here, she should've grown up alongside people of various other races/ethnicities. How could she have such a negative view? I'm guessing her parents have a significant role in this. I don't see how anybody could generate those sorts of ideas on their own living in a place like Vancouver. Same goes for her view on homosexuality. I don't see how anybody whose ever actually known a gay person could have such extreme backwards views. She also clearly has a heavy (and warped) religious view on things. Personally I try to avoid religion whenever possible (ie all the time), it may have some good aspects to it but I think it ultimately causes as much harm as it does good (if not more).

I truly feel sorry for such people. Living in the multicultural society we have in Canada, she will never find happiness in life if that is the way she thinks, especially when you consider that Canada will only get substantially more diverse with each passing decade. And how narrow-minded of her to not even "feel the need" or "like to associate" with non-whites. Maybe if she was a little more open she might actually discover that people different from herself aren't so bad after all, and that all the bullshit her parents have no doubt been feeding her isn't so sensical. I bet she is home-schooled too. How else could she have such an unbalanced world view?

All I can say is that if she is too far gone to ever change, I hope she never does associate with non-whites/homosexuals cause she would just end up deeply insulting them and she would be a shameful embarrassment to white Canadians everywhere, and not just white Canadians but anybody of any background that calls themselves Canadian and knows what it truly means to be Canadian.

ps - thanks for posting that article mr.x2, it was an interesting read.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 4:28 AM

As long as they're not advocating any violence or illegal activity, I will defend their right to say whatever's on their mind. Nobody should get fined or prosecuted just for posting messages to Stormfront. It's their domain, and the rightful place for that kind of spew.

That said, she is an idiot. Her loss if she decides to narrow down her associates in life based on race.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 8:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutterbug View Post
As long as they're not advocating any violence or illegal activity, I will defend their right to say whatever's on their mind. Nobody should get fined or prosecuted just for posting messages to Stormfront. It's their domain, and the rightful place for that kind of spew.

That said, she is an idiot. Her loss if she decides to narrow down her associates in life based on race.
You could not of said it any better. Free speech means the ability to speak ones mind, by the sound of it we don't have a freedom of speech, something that should be a basic right in a free democratic country(though there really cant ever be such a thing as a free democratic country, but thats a whole other topic).

By the way I also don't agree with her thinking, though if I agreed with everyones thinking then I would probably end my life early due to boredom, and probably I wouldn't be the only one.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 4:59 PM

I believe that anyone who spews such nonsense is suffering from extreme self-hatred and low self-esteem. I think someone like her would have been a fringe nut even in Nazi Germany.

I'm concerned that when you impose serious attention and punishment on stupid young losers hiding behind a computer ranting to themselves you unintentionally give them publicity, credibility and a new cause to rebel against (the government).

It's usually better to ignore them and let them stew away in their own sad anonymity.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion