HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 12:30 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by onishenko View Post
Not fantastic, but OK.
One Not Fantastic, But OK City.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 1:50 AM
BANNED

Anyone hear about anything happening in regards to TSN.Jets on either MTS or SHAW?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 1:56 PM
Home of Hyperchange

I thought it was only going to be you lucky bastards that can pick up jerseys before the season starts. Turns out the release is nationwide on Oct 6th (or whatever the exact date is again). Pro and semi-pro at the same time. So in theory I should be able to find one in Calgary in time to fly down to Phoenix to watch the Jets 2.0 tromp Jets 1.0.

This comes from an independent dealer in Calgary, old guy who's been doing this for eons. Not some 17 year old kid at Sportchek. So I put at least a bit of credence in it.

Unfortunately we won't be able to get them lettered in time, nor will we get the inaugural patch.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 2:56 PM
Armchair urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Anyone hear about anything happening in regards to TSN.Jets on either MTS or SHAW?
Good timing, there's a Free Press article out today: Link

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:43 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

If Shaw decides to charge a premium for TSN Jets, I'll have to force myself to switch to either MTS again, or go with Bell. It would be a huge mistake on their part. There's a reason why I'm back with Shaw again, and I don't want to change that reason unless they force me to with this.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:46 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
If Shaw decides to charge a premium for TSN Jets, I'll have to force myself to switch to either MTS again, or go with Bell. It would be a huge mistake on their part. There's a reason why I'm back with Shaw again, and I don't want to change that reason unless they force me to with this.
does not help bell is trying to gouge them

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:47 PM

Alright I need help. I am beginning to panic as the pre season is in two weeks. I contacted both NHL and TSN about what to do about this, and neither have responded as of yet. We have a number of intelligent minds on this thread so I am sure someone can help me.

I read somewhere that the number of games viewable outside of the Jets region is only something like 5. That is ridiculous. I am a Winnipegger. Don't the stations realize there are diehards outside of the Manitoba area. I need help, I cannot settle for 5 games a year. Maybe 50. But definitely not 5. I am living in Ontario now, as many of you know. So can anyone help? Please. I don't have any cable provider yet some I have free reign as to which one would be best for my ability to watch as many games as possible.

Sorry if there is some mispelling I am drugged up from wisdom teeth pulled half an hour ago.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:49 PM
the first stamp is free

^ bell (satellite). TSN Jets is included with their packages, and with it you will get every single game, plus pre-season.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
^ bell (satellite). TSN Jets is included with their packages, and with it you will get every single game, plus pre-season.
Is that available in Southern Ontario? I thought that was just in the Manitoba Area.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:52 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
MTS is in the same boat as Shaw in regards to TSN Jets. But all things equal, MTS TV is better than Shaw IMO. I've had both, and switched back and forth several times over the years.

Until Shaw upgrades their guide system, the new MTS quide is a way better system to use.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 4:54 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Is that available in Southern Ontario? I thought that was just in the Manitoba Area.
Oh, maybe...I forgot about that. I think it is only MB/SK/NWO and the territories...

TSN and CBC are broadcasting a pretty decent number of JETS games nationally though, I think around 25 total or so.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 5:10 PM
Armchair urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Alright I need help. I am beginning to panic as the pre season is in two weeks. I contacted both NHL and TSN about what to do about this, and neither have responded as of yet. We have a number of intelligent minds on this thread so I am sure someone can help me.

I read somewhere that the number of games viewable outside of the Jets region is only something like 5. That is ridiculous. I am a Winnipegger. Don't the stations realize there are diehards outside of the Manitoba area. I need help, I cannot settle for 5 games a year. Maybe 50. But definitely not 5. I am living in Ontario now, as many of you know. So can anyone help? Please. I don't have any cable provider yet some I have free reign as to which one would be best for my ability to watch as many games as possible.

Sorry if there is some mispelling I am drugged up from wisdom teeth pulled half an hour ago.
Your best bet is NHL Center Ice or find illegal streams to watch online. I'm a Red Wings fan, and thus outside their territory (being in Winnipeg) and I've had little to no issue watching any Wings game this way.

The only thing I can think of is when they played Calgary or Edmonton. Center Ice would be blacked out in my area and I had to watch the game on Sportsnet. Given that you are in Southern Ontario, I suspect the same when Winnipeg plays Toronto (Buffalo/Ottawa also maybe?).

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 5:18 PM
Home of Hyperchange

As a Calgarian wanting to watch the Jets as much as possible... 25 or so games are being broadcast nationally between CBC and TSN.

The rest... will be blacked out. Period. Centre Ice (at a couple of hundred bucks a year ON TOP of your existing cable/sat package) or streams off the Internet are your only options.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 10:46 PM
Starring as himself

I think I can be happy with HNIC broadcasts almost every week, plus the national TSN games. It will be way, way more than I ever saw of the Jets in Toronto before.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2011, 3:38 AM
BANNED

Good news, Jets just sign Kyle Wellwood, Byfuglien no longer the fat guy on the Jets!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2011, 6:15 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
As a Calgarian wanting to watch the Jets as much as possible... 25 or so games are being broadcast nationally between CBC and TSN.

The rest... will be blacked out. Period. Centre Ice (at a couple of hundred bucks a year ON TOP of your existing cable/sat package) or streams off the Internet are your only options.
I assume if you have Bell expressvu and tell them you live in Winnipeg, you'll be able to set it up anywhere.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2011, 2:24 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
I think I can be happy with HNIC broadcasts almost every week, plus the national TSN games. It will be way, way more than I ever saw of the Jets in Toronto before.
And way, way more than we ever saw of the Jets in Winnipeg. I remember the first year more than 10 games got shown (seem to recall it was CKND picking them up). It was hockey heaven!

So yeah, my complaining is more indicative of how spoiled we've become in the past 5 years or so. Most teams you can watch every single game on TV, easily.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2011, 2:25 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
I assume if you have Bell expressvu and tell them you live in Winnipeg, you'll be able to set it up anywhere.
But then I'd lose my Flames games. It's a no-win situation. The league really likes to gouge HOCKEY fans. They're really only set up to support "rah rah my home city is the bestest" types of fans.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2011, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Oh, maybe...I forgot about that. I think it is only MB/SK/NWO and the territories...
That's correct. Its NWO up to and including Thunder Bay. And the territies included are Nunavut and NWT.

Some of the folks on the Jets forums today are stating that they've received emails from Shaw indicating an agreement has been reached and the channel will be provided... but no details yet on cost. Shaw just came to terms with Bell yesterday on a similar agreement to carry regional Habs games so I believe it.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2011, 7:49 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
But then I'd lose my Flames games. It's a no-win situation. The league really likes to gouge HOCKEY fans. They're really only set up to support "rah rah my home city is the bestest" types of fans.
Get an extra box on a different winnipeg account, and a switch so that you can swap the dish between the two. You could also mount two dishes if you really wanted two or maybe have a dual LNB outputting to two differently configured HD boxes.

Personally I'll just go to the bar or listen to the radio

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan