Houston 9 5.03%
Boston 8 4.47%
Atlanta 9 5.03%
Washington D.C. 8 4.47%
Nashville 6 3.35%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Jul 23, 2012, 3:11 PM

the city of angels

I cannot see the olympic being any where else but in los angeles and hollywood. a supper big city with everything the world wants. hollywood, beverly hills , malibu, santa monica, century city,bell air, westwood, downtown los angeles new look, new metro system, the beaches. palm trees,free ways, the stars staden,nice weather,futuring the new and much improved lax. the biggest city in california the most populous and richest state in the nation. not a one dimenssional city with all eggs put in one basket. and much much more to offer. a city with unlimited potential the world over .2028 it will be even better.can you dig it? can you do better than that? let hear what you have to offer. don't even try if you cannot come closer than that. I will be surprise if there will be challenges if any at all. I won't be surprise to hear things like san diego the self proclaim finnest city in america. miami the city if you remove the word beach you are left with nothing to show. new york a city with a lack of space with all eggs put in one basket. san francisco a new york want to be. chicago may be a far second. even so their biggest star in opra free is about to go hollywood. phoenix just lost steve nash to los angeles and hollywood. the only star they had. I am so proud of this city.

Last edited by mbesse@sbcglobal.net; Jul 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 7:15 AM

I believe San Francisco should host the Olympics. They were about to once but now they are holding the 34th Americas Cup and they are running to hold the 50th Super Bowl. San Francisco has major attractions and is located in the middle of California. By then High Speed Rail should almost be complete.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 8:27 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

None of the above, because Toronto will surely win the Olympics in 2024 ;D

Old Posted Nov 25, 2013, 4:33 AM
My Mind Has Left My Body

1. New York

2a. San Fran
2b. Chicago

4. Washington D.C.

Though some other cities could pull it off those are the only US cities that I would be really stoked about hosting.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2014, 4:53 PM

This thread is ridiculous. This is nothing more than everybody voting and championing their own city...which is clearly why I voted for Houston

Not everybody in the USA is ''all about'' NYC. Sure, it's a great global city and if it came down to it, I'd certainly want them to have it over any other country. However:

Houston is becoming a global city as well. Our wealth is great here. The unofficial 'city bird' has become the construction crane. We are the center of the petroleum and natural gas boom/revolution right now. The amount of skyscrapers U/C, planned and approved is unrivaled anywhere. We're soon to be the THIRD LARGEST CITY in the country. Houston isn't a backwoods town. No small potatoes here. We have more fortune 500 companies than anybody else outside NYC---and just gained another one last week.

We have TWO world class facilities built right next door to one another and train transportation from downtown to those facilities--both of which are indoor. Houston's nearly 7 million people make it capable of handling the huge influx of people the olympics would bring as well as showcase the 'energy power' of our great country.

I'd encourage all of you to take a cruise through the Houston thread on here or HAIF sometime and see the great things we have to offer

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
This thread is ridiculous. This is nothing more than everybody voting and championing their own city...which is clearly why I voted for Houston

Not everybody in the USA is ''all about'' NYC. Sure, it's a great global city and if it came down to it, I'd certainly want them to have it over any other country. However:

Houston is becoming a global city as well. Our wealth is great here. The unofficial 'city bird' has become the construction crane. We are the center of the petroleum and natural gas boom/revolution right now. The amount of skyscrapers U/C, planned and approved is unrivaled anywhere. We're soon to be the THIRD LARGEST CITY in the country. Houston isn't a backwoods town. No small potatoes here. We have more fortune 500 companies than anybody else outside NYC---and just gained another one last week.

We have TWO world class facilities built right next door to one another and train transportation from downtown to those facilities--both of which are indoor. Houston's nearly 7 million people make it capable of handling the huge influx of people the olympics would bring as well as showcase the 'energy power' of our great country.

I'd encourage all of you to take a cruise through the Houston thread on here or HAIF sometime and see the great things we have to offer
I feel exactly the same way and voted for Houston as well.

Houston is the #1 oil and gas center in the country and probably one of the best in the world. Our skyline is also a great sign of our prosperity, which will grow immensely from this year to 2020, including a rumored super-tall that may be coming.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2014, 12:23 AM

it would be a great way for Chicago's name to get out there. Chicago falls in the shadow of New York too often, and if enough foreigners come visit, maybe some would move, and word would get out. But although the Olympics are go for a city's popularity, it is not so good financial. imagine the coasts of building the multiple stadiums! that might take away finance from our public schools and other public services.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States