HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 24, 2013, 6:28 PM

Article on all the buildings going up in Edgewater had this little nugget. Not sure the FAA would agree to a 65-story tower in Edgewater:

http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/P...20130324142007

Quote:
The Melos are strong believers in Edgewater. Since 2001, they have built four rental buildings in the area. The family owns enough land — including four blocks east of the boulevard — to build about 2,500 residential units, Carlos Melo said. The family plans to build one of Miami's tallest buildings at 1770 N. Bayshore Drive — a 65-story condo.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2013, 11:22 PM
BANNED

Miami will become even huger very soon.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post

Hey, thanks! I just want to see it. It's look so beautiful! I haven't visit in South Florida for a long time. Because I am no longer visits in South Florida. I miss all of my friends.

Old Posted May 1, 2013, 12:51 AM

Miami trolleys a hit, expanding south to Vizcaya, north to Wynwood, Midtown

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/3...expanding.html

Quote:
Four new trolleys will be put into service to take riders to Vizcaya and Alice Wainright Park to the south, and north through Mary Brickell Village, Margaret Pace Park, and ultimately through Wynwood and Midtown. The city has already paid for them with the $5.6 million it spent purchasing 28 trolleys, some of which have never been used. Limousines of South Florida is being paid $2 million a year to operate the system.

Riding the trolley is free, as operations are subsidized with $2 million a year the city gets from a half-cent transit surtax.

Unveiled last year as a way to get to baseball games when the Miami Marlins opened their new Little Havana ballpark, the system at first was criticized for long lines and taking an hour to complete a 10-minute trip. But that was only during the heady, early days of the new Marlins Park, when fans searched for parking and traffic jams were the rule.
Great news! Miami Trolleys is expanding more routes to Wynwood, Vizcaya, and midtown Miami neighborhoods as well.

Old Posted May 2, 2013, 1:18 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/0...-to-south.html

Quote:
Glass luxury condo coming to South of Fifth neighborhood in Miami Beach

BY MARTHA BRANNIGAN
MBRANNIGAN@MIAMIHERALD.COM
People who live in Glass houses ... will have few neighbors. A good thing if they value privacy.

A new 18-story luxury condominium called Glass, slated for the sizzling South of Fifth neighborhood of Miami Beach, will boast just 10 units with 360-degree views and wide outdoor terraces.

Miami-based Terra Group tapped Rene Gonzalez, a highly regarded Miami architect, for the project at 120 Ocean Dr..

The oceanfront high-rise will feature floor-to-ceiling glass walls and aim at integrating the indoors and outdoors to highlight the natural beach surroundings and convey a sense of place. “It’s really a unique design,’’ said Terra Group president and chief operating officer David Martin, who could have put three times as many units on the site. “It’s something I don’t think I’ll be able to do again.’’
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/0...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted May 2, 2013, 2:36 PM

another view - not bad for a piece of property that's not even waterfront. It's been posted that 5 of the units are already reserved.

Video Link

Last edited by brickell; May 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM.

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 12:50 PM

Another day, another 40-something story condo starting sales. The Bond at Brickell (1080 Brickell Ave), 43-floors, 491 feet:

Brouchure
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf60l4c4iq...%20Revised.pdf

About as generic as a building can be:

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 2:46 PM

I agree. That one is pretty bad, especially for a Brickell address. It looks like the building actually faces SE 1st, but will have an entrance at Brickell.

From their website - http://thebondatbrickellfl.com/home

Old Posted May 6, 2013, 3:30 PM

Another West Brickell building: Le Parc at Brickell, a 12 story building to go up at 1600 SW 1st AVE.

http://leparcatbrickell.com/

Old Posted May 8, 2013, 2:18 PM

A new 30 story tower for the river front, just west of I95 on Flagler:

Flagler on the River

Old Posted May 8, 2013, 4:11 PM

Old Posted May 8, 2013, 11:47 PM

Flagler on the River looks massive but the design is quite bland. The westard march of highrises continues out of downtown.

I also wonder if the new All ABoard Florida rail station will have a overhead walkway connecting to the Metrorail station across the street.

Old Posted May 9, 2013, 7:53 AM

Miami Intermodal Center | Construction update | May 2013

(pics by Metro Dade Transit Authoirity)

Old Posted May 9, 2013, 1:15 PM

Museum Park construction update | May 2013

pics by QuantuumX

^ Miami Science Museum on the left & Miami Art Museum on the right. Metromover station on upper left under going refurbishing.

[i]pic by Paul305{/i]

Old Posted May 9, 2013, 1:40 PM

Port of Miami tunnel boring completed

Port of Miami tunnel digging reaches end of the line

BY ALPHONCE SHIUNDU
ASHIUNDU@MIAMIHERALD.COM

The excavation of the PortMiami tunnel, which began in 2011, came to an end Monday morning when the gigantic digging machine that has been boring the dual-tube underwater traffic passage reached daylight on Watson Island.

“Harriet,” as the $45 million, German-built tunneling machine is known, was scheduled to complete the job about 8 a.m. Soon after, hundreds of workers will begin laying the pavement inside the tunnel.

The tunnel is intended to take cargo trucks off downtown streets and send them directly from Interstate 395 to the port. Currently, they rumble through the congested streets to reach the port.

Once the tunnel opens to traffic in May 2014, the trucks will have direct access to the port from expressways. Both Interstate 95 and State Road 836/the Dolphin Expressway link up to I-395.

The $1 billion tunnel is one three giant transportation projects under way in South Florida. The other two are the $1.8 billion reconstruction of Interstate 595 in Broward and the $2 billion Miami Intermodal Center (MIC) (I posted pics above), a major transportation hub just east of Miami International Airport.

Chris Hodgkins, vice president of Miami Access Tunnel, the multinational company that is building the tunnel, said Harriet has performed well.

“This big girl is tired,” he said. “She’s dirty, she’s worn, she’s missing a lot of her teeth. She wants to breathe some fresh air. She served us well, and she’s ready to call it a day.”

Harriet emerged at the port from the first leg of her journey from Watson Island on July 31, 2012, and was disassembled, turned around and reassembled for the return-trip excavation of the westbound tube, which began Oct. 29.

The machine will be disassembled and her parts will be recycled for future projects, Hodgkins said

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/0...#storylink=cpy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of infrastructure construction going on in Miami. The dredging of the Port of Miami channel continues as well to accept the larger cargo ships once the expansion of the Panama Canal is complete.

Old Posted May 9, 2013, 11:15 PM
BANNED

Miami has the coolest and sleekest skyline.

Old Posted May 10, 2013, 4:12 AM

Architects Propose Giant Waterski Jump For Bayfront Park

http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...mark-miami.php

Thursday, May 9, 2013, by Sean McCaughan

Quote:
This giant ramp-like building designed by New York based Studio Dror was just announced as the winning entry for the Landmark Miami ideas competition, which asked entrants to submit ideas for a new iconic piece of architecture for Miami, to be located in Bayfront Park. Dror's idea, which looks kind of like a waterski jump for a vacationing Paul Bunyan, is an Eiffel Tower-like monument dropped on its side and filled with exhibition spaces, a theater, a restaurant, and even a library. And although it would be located on what is now dry land, they've dug out the area underneath, creating a little inlet from the bay under the looming triangular thing.

Old Posted May 10, 2013, 7:21 AM

^ That thing looks attrocious!

Old Posted May 10, 2013, 2:17 PM

At least it isn't anything "real". It just some architecture competition. Not anything anyone ever actually would consider building (or even think about actually paying for). I.e...fantasy.

Old Posted May 10, 2013, 7:27 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...to-miamis.html

Quote:
May 10, 2013, 3:12pm EDT
Residences, retail coming to Miami’s Health District

Oscar Pedro Musibay
Reporter-South Florida Business Journal

The city of Miami has approved the residences and retail space planned for River Landing Shops and Residences.
The zoning change and design allows for 537,000 square feet of retail and 444 residences. The project is meant to appeal particularly to existing area residents, as well as employees and students in the Health District around Jackson Memorial Hospital, said Andrew Hellinger, president of the development group.
River Landing at 1500 N.W. North River Drive is currently the Mahi Shrine Auditorium. The project sits on the Miami River and is visible from the Dolphin Expressway (State Road 836).
Hellinger said the Health District is the second-largest medical district in the U.S. after Houston, with about 30,000 employees and 160,000 annual visitors. It is home to some of the nation’s premier medical and research programs and a growing hub for the biotech industry.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations