Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburKid View Post
Any Sens fans catch this?
5 minutes of comedy gold lol

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1039334041219084289
Melnyk is an ass, but with the eventual completion of the Karlsson trade, the team will have a prospect pool as goos as any teams.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 7:36 PM

I really hope Melnyk didn't pay some pr firm for that idea.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 2:06 AM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Neal is a goal scorer and Johnny is a playmaker, so I would think so. They will try Lindholm on the top line as well.
Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-Backlund-Lindholm

That's my bet for the top 6 for most of the year.

Here's hoping that Frolik-Jankowski-Czarnik can prove to be a decent 3rd line.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:25 PM
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Melnyk is an ass, but with the eventual completion of the Karlsson trade, the team will have a prospect pool as goos as any teams.
Well they'll be losing their 2019 first round pick, which is sure to be in the top 5, due to the Duchene trade. Would be devastating if that pick ended up being #1
Perhaps they can try to save face by recouping that first round pick somehow with a Karlsson trade before the deadline
Obviously, Dorion has to hit this one out of the park, I'm really curious to see how he'll pull off that type of blockbuster

To paraphrase Melnyk "You're excited, I'm excited, fans are excited and sponsors are excited. So it's gonna work out!"

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal

I think Bennett is going to step it up this year, he should be on the third line, not sure about Czarnik still, time will tell I guess...

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 10:46 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal

Personally I think Neal might fit better on that second line. With Tkachuk and Neal together, that'd be a pretty tough line to face for anyone.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
I think Bennett is going to step it up this year, he should be on the third line, not sure about Czarnik still, time will tell I guess...
Virtanen was taken 2 picks later in that 2014 draft. I think this is the last chance for both players before they are traded. Maybe for each other, in the old "change of scenery might do them some good" dept.

Been watching Jonathon Dahlen a bit and he looks like an NHL player. The vast majority of these trades for 2nd rounder don't work out, but this trade is looking pretty good. Dahlen imo will be a second line winger - 20+ goals.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 2:34 PM

Jesus Christ Bergevin. Seems to be spending a lot of time in the gym and not enough scouting players based on their youtube highlights.

"A very large and quite-possibly (definitely) juiced up Marc Bergevin flipped the Habs captain to Vegas in the wee hours of the morning Monday, yielding a quality prospect in Nick Suzuki along with a second-round pick and a tub of Whey Protein … and Tomas Tatar"

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:50 PM
Derp

Lol! That can't be real, is that real?!

With guns like that, you'd think he could "strong arm" other GM's into any trade he wants

Pretty soon he'll be wearing suits sans-sleeves because his arms won't fit anymore

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:54 PM

If Habs fan can take solace in anything it's that their GM would surely win in a Battle Royale type showdown between all the other GM's.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 4:52 PM
Derp

He should sign himself to a PTO, might have a chance to be their enforcer this year

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 5:03 PM
arf

Well we can safely assume that the amount of time spent on finding good solutions for the roster is not being negatively impacted by the amount of time spent at the gym.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 5:11 PM

Maybe the situation in Montreal is so dire that he needs to hit the gym more to take out his frustrations? Which means he'll be able to compete for Mr. Universe in a few more years.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburKid View Post
Well they'll be losing their 2019 first round pick, which is sure to be in the top 5, due to the Duchene trade. Would be devastating if that pick ended up being #1
Perhaps they can try to save face by recouping that first round pick somehow with a Karlsson trade before the deadline
Obviously, Dorion has to hit this one out of the park, I'm really curious to see how he'll pull off that type of blockbuster

To paraphrase Melnyk "You're excited, I'm excited, fans are excited and sponsors are excited. So it's gonna work out!"
Ha, if we get a first round draft pick for Karlsson, what will it be? #25 or #30. He wants to go to a contender so draft picks won't likely amount to much. That is the dilemma that the Sens face. Getting reasonable return for arguably the third best player in the entire league.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 5:26 PM
arf

I'm surprised this isn't a total Twitter meme yet. So many options. Marc looks ready to tackle his next job after he gets fired:

Mr. Incredible at Disneyland

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 6:59 PM

Speaking of bad general managers. Dorion trades Karlsson for a bag of pucks and doesn't even recoup the Sens missing first round pick for this year.

Edit: Although he doesn't take all of the blame since teams are probably holding him hostage knowing that Melnyk won't pay Karsslon's contract.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:01 PM
ハルウララ

RIP Sens

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:03 PM

Karlsson traded. But for who. Have to analyze this further...

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:03 PM

There is actually a clause in the trade that the Sens get a first round pick in 2021 if Karlsson plays for an Eastern Conference team in 2018/2019. I've never seen anything like that in my life.

That just solidifies the fact that Melnyk had his hands in this and was pissed over what happened with Hoffman.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:11 PM
arf

Senators deal Erik Karlsson to the Sharks
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSun
The Ottawa Senators have dealt Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron to the San Jose Sharks. In return, the Senators will get a first-round pick in 2019 or 2020, centre Chris Tierney, a second-round pick in 2019 (the best of the two San Jose currently has), prospect centre Josh Morris, prospect Rudolfs Balcers, and defenceman Dylan DeMelo.

The Senators will also receive a second-round pick in 2021 or a first-round pick. If the Sharks sign Karlsson, it becomes a first-round pick.
I'll agree with bag of pucks. With Karlsson, how good is San Jose over the next two years? Sure, free agent next year, but you figure the only teams in the running are good. So the first round draft pick is what? 20th at best.

Hey, Karlsson was a mid-first rounder though, so that can always pan out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada