HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
No problem, us Trump loving racist Nazi Youth have to stick together

My Japanese wife, her family, and all my Asian friends will also be sad to learn how racist I am towards Asians.

It is honestly disgusting how capriciously people throw around the term racist these days. It is actually quite an insult to those who really have been the victims of true racism.

It is also a major reason why some people are gravitating towards blowhards like Trump sadly.
I thought the Japanese were aligned with the Nazis during World War 2?

Just as Trump would like to say he's "not a racist or anti-immigrant" because his wife is Eastern European, or that he employs many Mexicans in his numerous hotels and resorts, one needs to realize that Trump trying to get into someone's pants hardly equates to appreciating her culture or championing the collective rights of her ethnicity.

One may not have racist intentions when the person mentions or highlights about a social problem, but by targeting only an ethnic group from a certain country to scapegoat in order to vent frustrations or to put constant blame on, that is a different story. This is totally analogous to what Hitler and Trump had been or are doing with their racist rhetorics.

The housing problem is more myriad and complex than the mere greed of one group of foreigners; it also involves the follies of locals and government alike, but these were almost never mentioned. That makes it racist. We have posters here who openly despise and degrade the Chinese for their culture, history and country of origin, and other Canadians are supposed to just "lap it up"?

Last edited by Vin; Feb 23, 2017 at 11:23 PM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 2:40 AM

^^^^^^^

Wow Vin did somebody take over your account? Well said and I agree with you 100%!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 4:22 AM
See ya down under, mates

Nah that's still a typically stupid Vin post. Slovenians are white. Trump is a racist. Having a family with a non-white spouse is a pretty good sign that you aren't.

People despise corrupt, suddenly multi-millionaire Chinese (from China) for using our city as an illegal money laundering operation at the expense of everyone living here. There's very little racism towards actual immigrants who come here for a normal happy life, including middle class Chinese. That much is very obvious. No one who's actually racist is going to stay in a city as diverse as Vancouver.

Thankfully the 15% foreign buyer tax has completely crashed the upper end of the market. Our problem is now Toronto's problem, and maybe we can get back to being a regular, culturally diverse, thriving city again.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Just as Trump would like to say he's "not a racist or anti-immigrant" because his wife is Eastern European, or that he employs many Mexicans in his numerous hotels and resorts, one needs to realize that Trump trying to get into someone's pants hardly equates to appreciating her culture or championing the collective rights of her ethnicity.

One may not have racist intentions when the person mentions or highlights about a social problem, but by targeting only an ethnic group from a certain country to scapegoat in order to vent frustrations or to put constant blame on, that is a different story. This is totally analogous to what Hitler and Trump had been or are doing with their racist rhetorics.

The housing problem is more myriad and complex than the mere greed of one group of foreigners; it also involves the follies of locals and government alike, but these were almost never mentioned. That makes it racist. We have posters here who openly despise and degrade the Chinese for their culture, history and country of origin, and other Canadians are supposed to just "lap it up"?
Yes, the Japanese did align themselves with the Nazis, so I guess they are condemned forever now? Looks like some of your bigotry is surfacing.

Also, go fuck your self for associating my marriage as just trying to get into someone's pants you little shit.

You are just spinning the same tired shit as before.

I notice how you did not mention or counter any of the points from my previous post on this subject. Instead you only took this post out of context from the far larger more detailed post prior.

Seriously, I honestly do start to wonder if you are a mainland Chinese plant.

Here is my prior post for context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
It is amazing ironic how you completely proved him right through your distorted rambling of a rant that was obviously a failed attempt to twist his words into some kind of racist agenda.

Most people on here have no problem at all with Mainland Chinese moving to the Vancouver area and living their lives here in the property that they have purchased. if this were truly about racism then the problem would not be limiting foreign buyers, but stopping immigrants, which it hasn't.

The problem are those who are purchasing properties simply for investments. The unfortunate truth is that due to the size of the Mainland Chinese population and their new found wealth (coupled with a distrust towards their own government) foreign investment has been flooding in from Mainland China in many regions throughout the world (Australia, Japan, the US, and of course Canada). There is no other way to say it, and acknowledging this is not racist.

And yes, if things change and it becomes Russia flooding our market and increasing prices for the local population, I, and I am sure most others on here, would have no problem pointing out that the lion's share of the issue is coming from Russia. I doubt you would use the racist term then. In fact on a smaller scale decades ago I remember there being a similar concern about too many properties being bought up by Americans in BC.

And people have pointed their fingers at our own government's poor management in this situation, and those in the local industry aiding this problem. You really think that people on here believe it is some evil plan concocted by the Chinese and we are just innocent? No, everyone understands that it has been our lack of action earlier on that has lead to this problem. So you have kind of contradicted yourself in your own rant, you said we are to blame for allowing this situation to spin out of control, and now that we are trying to do something about it we are racist?? Which one is it?

Also, as far as I believe these laws and extra taxes being put in place are for all foreign investors, not just Chinese, so where is the racism there?

I guess all the Canadians with Chinese heritage whom I know who also want tighter restrictions on foreign investors are also racist A little self-hating I guess, haha.

Seriously sometimes you act like a plant simply trying to discredit members on here who have said and done nothing racist.

Also the blahblah-Canadian crap irks me as well, but I find it is actually the ultra PC / SJW type who insist on such titles and keeps them alive (identity politics and all).
And also Vin, I did not just marry someone who speaks a different language than me, a different skin color, and different culture, but I am also living in her country (3.5 years now), learning her language, all my daily co workers are her race, over half of my friends here are her race, and my children unlike Trumps will not be all white.

So go fuck yourself again for equating the two as the same.

My children will be half Asian and I don't want there to be future tension between Asians and non Asians in Vancouver in the future if we / they move to Vancouver because bullies such as yourself allowed things to get out of control because you and others like you killed any conversation with your bullshit use of the racist card.

Fuck you.

Last edited by Metro-One; Feb 24, 2017 at 5:31 AM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 5:36 AM

Well, before this thread gets purged i think that the take home message is that people are more than their stereotypes.

[dancing lock emoji]

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 5:51 AM

I do find it ironic that the guy championing racism against the Chinese in Van has to in bold insinuate that the Japanese are nazis.

Quite funny really.

Also, how is anything that I, Pinion, and others on here said come to anything close to stereotyping all Chinese?

Seriously, the ironic thing is the most obvious big brush I see being used is by those such as Vin calling any discussion about mainland Chinese money / investing as racist.

Seriously, this is the problem.

Yes, there are some who jump that gap to diving into actual racism (there sadly always will be) but the vast majority of those posting concerns on here are far from that.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 6:01 AM

PS, I am not taking anything back that I said to Vin.

His remark was a poorly masked racial attack on the Japanese and interracial relationships involving white males.

The modern social justice warrior people!

And those applauding him are just as bad.

Again ironic given our non racialy motivated concerns over Vancouver's affordability being called racist by the likes of him.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 6:06 AM

Quote:

So his wife is a Nazi because her grandparents' government was allied with them... and she's also a trophy wife? Classy.

Quote:
Replace "Chinese" with "American," "Swiss," "Iranian," "Russian" or "North Korean," and you'll get the exact same argument.

It's not white people vs. Asian immigrants. It's locals (Asians included) against certain PRCs - in this case, tax-evading money-launderers filling their bank accounts at the City's expense.

Quote:
We have posters here who openly despise and degrade the Chinese for their culture, history and country of origin, and other Canadians are supposed to just "lap it up"?
Who's degrading who, and where? There has been ONE "rice-eating" joke on another thread, and though the poster meant no harm, a suspension was given almost immediately. You'll notice nobody's been suspended on this thread.

You'll also notice that the entire thread has been focused on one specific group of millionaires from the People's Republic and their actions. By your one sentence - quoted above - you've essentially said that complaints about those millionaires are an attack on every ethnic Chinese person in Vancouver.

So following your logic, all ethnic Chinese have the exact same culture (ignoring the differences between Mandarian, Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka, etc and the people who speak them), the same history (see previous), and the same country (ignoring Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, and any other country a Han Chinese could come from). Also, that they're all one-percenters who support the existing status quo that's driving prices up, and that anybody of Chinese descent who dislikes it is is an Uncle Tom.

That is TWICE as bigoted as anything anybody has said here, ever.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 6:14 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

I am closing this thread for pretty obvious reasons. It's unlikely a similar one will be allowed. Pretty disappointed in the behaviour of some long time forum members, you guys know better.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy