HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 8:25 PM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

^ Cool. I am asumming that it is a new store?

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 11:42 PM

I recently ran into an Angelino who was up here but staying only in Downtown and mocking how even though we're a new city we don't even have this new thing called 'bubble tea', then we all just turned around and smirked at him. Haha. I told him we've been having it since the early 90's and told him where somewhere nice he could go.......

But that brings up a good point, I wish there were more bbt places downtown, i only know the one bubbleworld near the fogg n suds. Any other?

And for the bbt neophytes out here, your next progression is to move away from the pearls and embracing the other fixums like coconut, aloe, grass jelly, pudding......haha. and then start combining them with other flavours. mmm...also, recommend people try shaved ice with pudding and pearls and other htings.

Last edited by nova9; Mar 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added more

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 12:12 AM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

I love TARO!!

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Apr 1, 2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
I hate Flo and I discourage people from going there. Service sucks and I find that they can never get our orders right.

I really enjoy Pearl Castle but I like the Port Coquitlam location more than the Richmond one.

I would also try out 'Beef Noodle House' on Granville and 70th (?) or Cabin 555 in Kerrisdale.
I personally like Flo. They get my orders right, and I don't mind going there again. Decent prices, and the food is pretty good ^^ I don't really like the Beef Noodle House, personally. Every time I go there, their service sucks. It takes them forever to realize someone new has entered, and sat down. Even longer for the food to come out from the time you've placed an order. It gets frustrating. I don't mind the food, pretty tasty, but service & the food to me is important. Cabin 555 isn't too bad. I've went a few times. Food's pretty good =]

Old Posted Jun 4, 2009, 10:08 PM

Strangely, I just had the best Bubble Tea ever... in Calgary!

I am still looking for a place downtown that can rival it.

A lot more places on Robson St. seem to be advertising Bubble Tea this time of year.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining