HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Jul 19, 2009, 4:11 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

I've found the Shabusen on Granville and 14th to be better then the downtown location. Even the all you can eat items were good.

I know this is a Do not eat list but I'd like to recommend the crepe place in Sinclair centre, it's kinda hidden across from the food court and it's pricier then some crepe places but the crepes are incredible, they use buckwheat to make them, and the owners are actually French from France. Worth the money, only thing that sucks is they are closed weekends.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2009, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
I've found the Shabusen on Granville and 14th to be better then the downtown location. Even the all you can eat items were good.
Yeah, I call that one the good Shabusen, but it's not better enough for me to actually make an effort to get there most of the time. If I'm having a large gathering I will, the private rooms are nice and "authentic". The owners of both are brothers, I'm surprised there's not more of a sibling rivalry. Although, the one downtown has LONG waits to get in during peak times... so maybe they focus more on quantity.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2009, 6:58 PM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post

I know this is a Do not eat list but I'd like to recommend the crepe place in Sinclair centre, it's kinda hidden across from the food court and it's pricier then some crepe places but the crepes are incredible, they use buckwheat to make them, and the owners are actually French from France. Worth the money, only thing that sucks is they are closed weekends.
Someone should start a thread about where to eat around town. I don't eat out often enough or at enough different places to actually put together list. That would actually be a great restaurant guide.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 5:18 AM

^^, ok , i'll make a recommendation - L'altro buca is a great restaurant with an even greater patio. it's wests of denman on haro street, but we've been there a few times and it is good value for a great patio experience. it's private (it's surrounded by a tall hedge on a ped-only street), and pastas are below $20, mains are above $20. We enjoy their wild salmon dish, and their mushroom pasta doesn't skimp. one small drawback is that shade quickly descends on the patio as the restaurant is against a ~4-5 story building, but we'll be going back for sure...

Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 8:45 AM

In case any of you were interested in checking out Daniel Boulud's DB modern bistro, I've heard they dropped their prices for summer end and now their price point is temporarily like that of regular places like cactus club and earl's so definintely check it out if you were ever curious.

For dollar value, I really enjoy Market at the Shangri-La. Nom nom.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 1:40 AM

Do not eat: Sammy J Peppers in Delta. (Scott Rd. @ Nordel Way) All our food was bland and tasteless. Service was okay though.
Danny's Wun Tun Restaurant in Richmond (Steveston Hwy @ No. 5 Rd)
The food was actually amazing, probably some of the best chinese food I have ever eaten. BUT something in their food gave me bad food poisoning, it made my B-Day this year a living hell, since I was forced to spend it with a toilet. Only I got sick though, so for me I'd never go back.

Recommended: I work as a cook at Earls (Scott Rd. @ 72nd in Surrey) So when it comes to great food, my favorites are Milestone's, Boathouse, Macaroni Grill, Cactus Club, and of course Earls. The food and service is almost always amazing since they pride themselves in the food/drinks that they serve, and are famous for that. At Earls if we don't make an item exactly the way it should be made, than we are not allowed to serve it, and customer is always right no matter how wrong they might actually be.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining