HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 6:13 PM
MANNING IS HERE!!!

sure. i can care less what names are on a championship team so long as the team wins a championship. i'm only a fan of one team...the rest is all about who i hate the least at the time.

sadly, this is probably the only season i can remember in my existence where i had no hope of even making the playoffs going into it.

Cityscapes, skylines, landscapes and more at http://www.gjmphotography.com/

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 2:35 PM
Robotic Construction

If he had to pick a team right now, Charles Barkley would pick the Denver Nuggets to win the Championship. Not saying he's the brightest person in the world, because he totally overlooked them all season. he kept calling them a jump shooting team, even though they are a team focused on scoring in the paint and getting to the foul line, This tells me he hardly ever watched their games. he apologized though and said he owes Denver an apology, because he totally overlooked them and did not watch them closely enough this season. I'm am shocked by the words coming out of Sir Charles mouth. he just doesn't seem to feel like the Lakers or Cavs have some kind of special team mission they are on. A clubhouse feeling he seems to think the championships team each year has. Some special kind of fire inside. Something he now believes Denver to have and not the other top teams. I believe you Denverites know it as "Mile High Magic."

Last edited by SnyderBock; May 10, 2009 at 9:32 AM.

Old Posted May 9, 2009, 12:05 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
^ And that is funny cause Bar-clay usually has NOTHING GOOD to say about Denver. But now look at him saying if the Finals we're right now, it would be Denver to take it! And I agree 100% with that statement. In fact Denver is looking really good to end up taking the whole thing IMHO.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted May 9, 2009, 2:14 AM

Just imagine how sore the city of Cleveland will be if, once again, a Denver team that keeps them from a championship.

Poor Cleveland. They got nothing going for them but LeBron.

I sure like Dennis Kucinich, though.

"I should be floating but I'm weighted by thinking"

Old Posted May 9, 2009, 8:28 PM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsaz View Post
Just imagine how sore the city of Cleveland will be if, once again, a Denver team that keeps them from a championship.

Poor Cleveland. They got nothing going for them but LeBron.

I sure like Dennis Kucinich, though.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 12:30 AM

NUGGETS!!! 106-105 WIN!!! series 3-0

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 12:42 AM
Robotic Construction

Melo has the most game winning or tying shots among active NBA players. The next closest only has half as many and is Kobe Bryant who has played in the NBA twice as many years as Melo. Melo has the highest FG% for game winning shots, just over LeBron James and Kobe Byrant. Carmelo Anthony wins it again and he doesn't even get talked about in the top 5 of the NBA's most clutch players. No respect.

Last edited by SnyderBock; May 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 1:10 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Two words:

HELLS YEAH!!!

Let Mark Cuban scream, bitch, and moan all he wants. No foul was called, Melo drained the three with one second left, Dallas down 0-3. Hope he screams so much he loses his voice for the next game!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 1:58 AM

OMG the Mavs owner, coach, and some players are the biggest cry babies. The coach focused his entire interview on a single call. Being down 2-0 and then losing a close game at home you would think he had more to say about his teams performance.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 2:47 AM

That was a game for the ages. I watched it with my mom.

Thanks Melo!

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 2:55 AM
no its not...

Was the ref stupid or blind...

....it was an obvious foul......but to me the officiating was so bad in the game, that the refs owed the Nugs one anyway. Unbelievable, but I love it just the same!

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Of The Park View Post
....it was an obvious foul......but to me the officiating was so bad in the game, that the refs owed the Nugs one anyway. Unbelievable, but I love it just the same!
I disagree. It wasn't a foul to stop the player from shooting at the end of the game but rather a slap on the wrist, which may or may not be called. A poor job at trying to foul melo. The guy should have hugged or pushed melo.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 3:45 AM
no its not...

gime' a break.....even the president of the NBA said the officials f**ked up....

all game long they were calling fouls if one of our players brushed up against one of theirs...it was BS not to call it when they had established the silly foul calls earlier. I was tickled that Denver won and how they did it. The 3 pointer still had to be made.

Last edited by Top Of The Park; May 10, 2009 at 4:09 AM.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 4:29 AM
BANNED

Thunderwolves Headed To Big Dance

No editorial is needed, this story speaks for itself! GO CSU PUEBLO!!

This is by KKTV, Colorado Springs - Pueblo.

So much for the old adage "third time's a charm."

For the CSU-Pueblo baseball team, the fourth time proved to be the real charm Saturday, as the Pack faced down its top nemesis in 2009, Nebraska-Kearney ace Ryan Sheldon, for the first time in four meetings this season, scoring a 12-10 win in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference semifinal match against the Lopers before closing the deal in an anti-climactic 15-1 trouncing of New Mexico Highlands in the RMAC Championship game.

The ThunderWolves, which lost its first game in the double-elimination RMAC Tournament Wednesday against Sheldon and the Lopers, won four straight games to claim the conference championship, its first RMAC title since 2004.

The Pack took its first step to a title when it faced Sheldon, who pitched a complete game against the ThunderWolves on Wednesday. Working on just three days rest, Sheldon was facing a ThunderWolf team for the first time in daytime, having held the Pack to a grand total of three runs in three previous nighttime meetings with CSU-Pueblo, all Nebraska-Kearney wins.

But Saturday showed itself to a be a different affair altogether for the Pack, as Tony Pechek (Sr., Pueblo, Colo.) torched Sheldon for a solo homer in the bottom of the first inning, giving the Pack life after starting pitcher Scott Harshman (Sr., Pueblo, Colo.) gave up three runs to the Lopers in the top of the first inning.

In each of the following three innings, CSU-Pueblo kept chipping away at the Lopers' tall righhander, as Juan Martinez (Jr., Caricuao, Venezuela) launched a solo shot of his own in the second, and Matt Wismann (Sr., Palo Alto, Calif.) matched Martinez and Pechek with the ThunderWolves' third solo homer of the afternoon. Wismann's shot gave the Pack a 4-3 lead, and the comeback was enough to make the bottom fall out under Sheldon.

In a wild fifth inning, Kearney committed three errors, shattering Sheldon's confidence as the Pack sent across four runs in the inning, giving the Pack an 8-4 advantage. Sheldon was yanked during the fifth after giving up eight runs on ten hits, and the Pack bats followed suit by staying hot and buoying the team to victory.

Harshman settled down considerably after a rough first inning, allowing just two Loper runs over the next seven innings. Kearney staged a comeback in the top of the ninth, prompting a relief appearance by Pack ace Mario Mattivi (Sr., Pueblo, Colo.), who held the comeback in check and recorded his first save of the season.

After the emotional win, the RMAC Championship tilt with New Mexico Highlands became a bit of an afterthought, as a three-run double by Wismann in the bottom of the first inning off Highlands starter Tyler Wichmann gave the Pack an early 3-0 lead, setting the done for the ThunderWolves' domination of the Cowboy pitching staff, which was cashed after a successful but tumultuous run to the RMAC title game.

CSU-Pueblo jumped out to an 8-0 lead, helped by a three-run shot by Zach Hoffman (Jr., Pueblo West, Colo.). Hoffman, who hit two homers in the tournament and hit the Pack's game-winner in an emotional 11-10 win over Metro State Friday night, was named the RMAC Tournament MVP.

Overshadowed by his team's hitters, Dustin Timmins (Sr., Alamosa, Colo.) turned in perhaps the best individual pitching performance of any starting hurler during the tournament, holding the Cowboys to just one run on five hits in seven innings of work.

With the conference title, CSU-Pueblo secures an automatic bid to the NCAA Division II Central Regional tournament, which will begin Thursday at the site of the region's top seed. RMAC foe Mesa State is the likely host, despite the fact that the Mavericks fizzled out of the 2009 RMAC Tournament after two quick losses. The Pack's seed in the tournament will be revealed Monday

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Of The Park View Post
gime' a break.....even the president of the NBA said the officials f**ked up....

all game long they were calling fouls if one of our players brushed up against one of theirs...it was BS not to call it when they had established the silly foul calls earlier. I was tickled that Denver won and how they did it. The 3 pointer still had to be made.
An obvious foul? Really? You watch many NBA games at the end where the fouling is pretty explicit to stop a shooter? I think you're failing to address the fact that the foul was weak and thus was left to not be called. An obvious foul would be a flagrant foul...

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 5:05 AM

It was a terrible attempt at a foul... I'm surprised it wasn't called, but most players would have wrapped him up. Just kind of sticking your chest out isn't a guaranteed call.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjo13 View Post
It was a terrible attempt at a foul... I'm surprised it wasn't called, but most players would have wrapped him up. Just kind of sticking your chest out isn't a guaranteed call.
Exactly

I'm thinking melo did a great job of backing away to make the incident look less obvious. Usually the foulee would exaggerate the foul but in this case melo diguised it. Great move from our boy melo!

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 9:44 AM
Robotic Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVER 2012 View Post
I disagree. It wasn't a foul to stop the player from shooting at the end of the game but rather a slap on the wrist, which may or may not be called. A poor job at trying to foul melo. The guy should have hugged or pushed melo.
Exactly, earlier in the season, Melo was slapped on the hand so hard, that it broke a bone in his hand. No foul was called there.

He was leading forwards in All-Star votes in the west at the time. The subsequent games he missed because of that saw Amare (PHX) and West (NO) pass Melo in All-Star votes; resulting in the NBA's 2nd best SF not even being in the All-Star Game.

I see slap and push fouls go uncalled each and every game. They can't get all these petty calls right. I have seen a player at the end of the game, get slapped fouled and it not get called, allowing the player to make a pass or throw up a shot, many times before.

I have not once, ever seen a player wrap another player up at the end of a game and have the foul not called. I do believe Wright should have wrapped Melo up; that would have been the proper procedure. Instead, he reached in and slapped Melo's hand, as Melo was making his move and Melo was able to push Wright's hand away very fast (making it not look like a foul from certain angles at normal speed). Then Wright quickly pulled both his hands back and stuck them up in the air like players do when they don't want to be called for a foul.

So with respect to the ref, from his angle, in full speed as it happened live, Melo push the foul away, masking it, then the defender acted like he was trying to avoid the foul, further making it look like no intentional foul occurred. I actually think the ref got it correct considering those facts.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 4:55 PM
no its not...

The hack across Melo's arms was a flagrant foul....I would agree he should have wrapped Melo up. At any rate, we are all happy about the outcome in a horribly officiated game for both sides.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 10:37 PM

While I agree that Dallas has a gripe about an obvious intentional foul not being called, there is no reason not to be giving Melo his props for a the clutch basket he made with 1 second remaining to give the Nuggets a win.

And another thing: Wright gave up on defending Melo after the foul. I don't know about you people, but where I come from, you never stop playing until after you hear the whistle. The refs blew it by not blowing it, sure, but, ultimately the fault is Melo's for making the shot and Wright's for giving up on defense.

Cheers to Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki for being classy after the loss.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West