HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 8:17 PM

Historic

You guys may hate them, but I really enjoy threads like this. Plus I'm getting kind of burned out of the current discussions so I thought this might be a nice change.

What historic, meaningful, or significant/important building that your city has once demolished that you wish you could have back?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 8:23 PM
Dryer lint inspector

In Houston, The Shamrock Hotel and/ or the Prudential Building. Both in the Medical Center.

I mean we've already got a total of 1,399,492 urban renewal/historical destruction type threads.

disneypilled verhoevenist

it's kind of awkward, thanks to the victorian additions, but the old rock house holds a certain mystique (and is a reborn venue which sort of was reconstructed to look like this) from the fur trading days of st. louis, as it was originally a fur warehouse before being a tavern. it was already well over 100 years old when this photo was taken, it would have been at least 200 years old this year:

st. louis post dispatch

parts of it were saved and are in the arch national park museum but it was demolished for the arch by the 50s.

it was originally constructed by louisiana territory born spanish frontiersman manuel lisa early in the 19th century...sort of a linkage to the spanish-colonial history of st. louis.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions