HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Nice photos. Dunedin reminds me a lot of Oakland.
That would be a good marketing tactic for Dunedin. "Come visit Dunedin, it's Oakland WITH penguins!"

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 7:41 PM
¥ ¥ ¥

Well that was fun.

And since we're all pointing the other places that these look like, some of those look like they could be straight out of England's Lake District.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 9:32 PM
i ain't no bubba

Thoroughly enjoyed the tour! I'll be there in 3 weeks so I'm anxious to see the rest of the photos.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 4:12 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ue View Post
nice look at the south island. it always intrigued me more than the north.
yes, and i wish i had more time to explore the deep mountains and west coast. but tropical-y auckland was nice. felt completely different than the south, though...

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
yes, and i wish i had more time to explore the deep mountains and west coast. but tropical-y auckland was nice. felt completely different than the south, though...
Did you make it to Queenstown while on the South Island? That was definitely a highlight for me. The scenery around there is absolutely majestic. My biggest miss was not having the time to make it all the way out to Milford Sound. Regarding Auckland, I thought it seemed like a nice place to live, but not a terribly interesting place to visit. Visiting Waiheke Island while in Auckland was fun though.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 5:13 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Did you make it to Queenstown while on the South Island? That was definitely a highlight for me. The scenery around there is absolutely majestic. My biggest miss was not having the time to make it all the way out to Milford Sound. Regarding Auckland, I thought it seemed like a nice place to live, but not a terribly interesting place to visit. Visiting Waiheke Island while in Auckland was fun though.
i actually skipped queenstown and camped near te anau south of queenstown, on the lake with the view of those mountains. i booked lodging late and essentially nothing was left in queenstown, being such a huge international destination, but then also realized how busy queenstown was going to be around new years and was trying to avoid that on the south island.

te anau is also down there on the way to milford sound. i was planning on driving there but weather socked everything in that day, so i wouldnt have been able to see anything and canceled the trip.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 6:19 PM

Great and sharp images. I like the ones from the hills

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos