HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 3:32 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Architectural "sophistication"--quoted for rhetorical effect--isn't what big name potential anchor ternants like Deutschebank or Amazon--for argument's sake--are looking for.

They don't think as we do: to wit, this huge, visually striking tower that's waited 17 years to get built and that we're all tinkling ourselves with anticipation to see it happen needs someone to make it possible.

We all know that. Essentially, the one question they have is "Does it meet our needs?". Simple as that. And an affirmative answer to that question is the symbolic green light.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 3:33 PM

Can we lock this again until we get some actual news regarding tenants?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Can we lock this again until we get some actual news regarding tenants?
No. Let's bicker back and forth about the same 4 talking points we've had for two years.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 8:16 PM
Ω

I love the facade details on this tower and the really contemporary use of signage. It almost look like an installation at MoMA. The transfer columns are really great structural expression and tell an interesting story (how the design changed). I just don't like the overall massing. The toppling effect when viewed from the south is really unnerving. Symbolically - it's a bit wrong to do at the WTC site also, imo.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 10:43 PM

When are we expected to hear something about this tower? Meanwhile whilst nothing happens with tower two WTC three gains another tenant. We've been waiting far far too long i'm really getting impatient

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 3:01 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-JVCcam96 View Post
When are we expected to hear something about this tower? Meanwhile whilst nothing happens with tower two WTC three gains another tenant. We've been waiting far far too long i'm really getting impatient
Really? Your just now getting impatient? We're all waiting for news, and will continue to do so until there is some.

In the meantime, the hunt for tenants continues...this was posted just a few pages ago...

http://nypost.com/2017/09/05/deutsch...-trade-center/

Deutsche Bank may be eyeing move to 2 World Trade Center

By Steve Cuozzo
September 5, 2017

Quote:
Deutsche Bank, a name once unfairly associated with political inertia and delay at Ground Zero, could be the tenant that finally gets Two World Trade Center built to complete the site’s planned office tower quartet.

The financial giant has quietly sent a request-for-proposals to Larry Silverstein regarding a possible relocation to the Bjarke Ingels-designed 2 WTC, sources told Realty Check.

Deutsche, which has long been at 60 Wall St. which it once owned, is trolling for a new Manhattan home for when its lease expires in 2022.

Deutsche Bank is considering 1.3 million square feet at either Two World Trade or 50 Hudson.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 2:37 PM

I've been impatient for a while actually.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 3:13 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

If this where to become 35-40% out of the total sq-ft of tower 2 leased via Deutsche Bank, that would be enough to get it started. Maybe 2018 will bring luck to this stalled project.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 3:20 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

When it comes to construction loans and financing, banks want to see commitment and mitigate their risk. Unless the risk is on the hands of a sole private funder (billionaire or mogul for example) who is willing to fund this without a solid lease agreement, we won't see solid financing until this is leased at a certain %/total sq footage.

The city boom itself has been working against this via competition. Hudson Yards, Midtown East all offer better rates for the most part, and so, its been tough for 2WTC to get tenants. Even if one of the major tenants that decided to go with Hudson Yards moved here, it would be enough to get it rolling.

So lets all be patient. Thier are other fish in the sea (if you haven't noticed, the 10+ supertalls u/c and more to come like 45 Broad, Spiral, and 50 Hudson.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 3:28 PM
World Machine

I'm skeptical about DB only because they have an opportunity to relocate to a part of town with easy access to a major commuter rail hub. I'm rooting for the WTC move though; it would be nice to see a bulge bracket back at the WTC and remain in the financial district.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 3:34 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I'd like for Google to migrate here. I know they have plenty of space at 111 8th Avenue but it would be neat if they moved out of there and into a new NY based headquarters.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 3:35 PM

I know it will be built evetually so I’m not worried about that. I am worried that the version we end up with might be a boring, four-sided glass box turd.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2017, 1:10 AM

a boring, four-sided glass box turd. - antinimby

I hear the humorous ring of truth in it . .

Old Posted Nov 26, 2017, 1:12 AM

not this one though . .
this one is a jewel of the eternal NYC skyline . .

Old Posted Nov 26, 2017, 1:25 PM

Like so many others, every time this thread gets updated I hope for news of an anchor tenant only to be disappointed by news of no anchor tenant and more discussion over there not being an anchor tenant. Then the occasional new comment over how horrible the design is of this no tenant building, should a tenant eventually be found. I kinda felt the need to hypocritically encourage the chaos of no real tenant news on a random Sunday morning for no apparent reason by making a post about it as well.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2017, 5:37 PM
New Yorker for life

^ You could have saved yourself the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I'd like for Google to migrate here. I know they have plenty of space at 111 8th Avenue but it would be neat if they moved out of there and into a new NY based headquarters.
I believe they own that building, with its massive floors.

If I recall correctly, Siverstein needs to lease 400k sf to get this one financed.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 3:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Nothing new here, was just wondering about the planned height again...

http://www.silversteinrc.com/ru/2-world-trade-center/

Quote:
An affiliate of Silverstein Properties, Inc. ("SPI") is developing 2 World Trade Center ("2 WTC"), a 2.8 million sf office tower. Its skyline stature and address are anticipated to make this structure among the most iconic and best known buildings in the world.

At approximately 1,300 feet, the tower is planned to be almost the same height as One WTC, and it is anticipated to be the final office building built on the World Trade Center site. It will provide in-building access to 11 subway lines, 25 PATH commuter trains per hour, the new Fulton Transit Center and the iconic World Trade Center Transportation Hub, as well as below-grade parking and retail space.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Nothing new here, was just wondering about the planned height again...
So there's lots of buzz about a major investment bank signing a lease for the tower early in 2018. Supposedly an announcement is imminent.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 5:00 AM

Great news. This is gonna be one fine tower.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 2:35 PM
World Machine

Odds are DB. Looking forward to an official announcement.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction