HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 2:23 PM

I'm guessing they aren't going to proceed with the rest of the lights on ring road going east until the bypass and 4 interchanges r built. From the sound of it ( the bypass and interchanges) maybe getting built sooner than later.
i wonder if they will add lights between the lewvan and #1 interchange and the soon to be built pinkie road and #1 interchange? does anyone know?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
I'm guessing they aren't going to proceed with the rest of the lights on ring road going east until the bypass and 4 interchanges r built. From the sound of it ( the bypass and interchanges) maybe getting built sooner than later.
i wonder if they will add lights between the lewvan and #1 interchange and the soon to be built pinkie road and #1 interchange? does anyone know?
Not likely. (Due to the distance between the two interchanges.)

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 5:52 PM

I recently drove down the Perimeter and finally got to see the redone Perimeter/Dugald Rd. intersection.

What was the point of having that detour to the side all those years if they were just going to do a normal at-grade intersection with a bunch of lights? I always thought that the main reason for the side detour was to put a interchange/overpass bridge over the CN line.

Anyone have any idea why they decided to do this? All the recent talk I've been hearing to make the 101 a true "freeway", and this just seems like a step backwards.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 10:36 PM

Does anyone know when the construction of the highway #1 and pinkie road interchange will begin?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know when the construction of the highway #1 and pinkie road interchange will begin?
There was funds for 'continued construction of' the Pinkie/#1 interchange, so if it doesn't start this summer i would expect to see it continue in the fall. From what i've read, it will be the same design of the Lewvan/#1 interchange, so there shouldn't be too much design work needed (i would think).

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
There was funds for 'continued construction of' the Pinkie/#1 interchange, so if it doesn't start this summer i would expect to see it continue in the fall. From what i've read, it will be the same design of the Lewvan/#1 interchange, so there shouldn't be too much design work needed (i would think).
I am sure they will start this spring, there has been a bunch of equipment sitting at the site all winter. With all the construction going on, no company can afford to have track hoes and trucks just sitting around.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 2:44 AM
Transit Nerd

Any Perimetre/CCW pics? Anyone?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 5:31 AM

Quote:
My friend is the Project manager on the Regina West Bypass and he said that the dirt is currently settling, and in the summer the super structure should be started as well as the bridge over the CP rail lines. With completion mid-late 2013

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
My friend is the Project manager on the Regina West Bypass and he said that the dirt is currently settling, and in the summer the super structure should be started as well as the bridge over the CP rail lines. With completion mid-late 2013
Awesome, I wonder how long it will take to update the maps. You will be able to go from McDonald street to Pinkie road with out any intersections or rail way crossings.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:

South Circle Drive Bridge and Freeway
The camera server associated with the construction cameras at the South Circle Drive Bridge and Freeway has been upgraded allowing for real time viewing.

Check out the new camera feeds at:

www.circledrive.ca
Thought I would post this here

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 6:01 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by original View Post
I recently drove down the Perimeter and finally got to see the redone Perimeter/Dugald Rd. intersection.

What was the point of having that detour to the side all those years if they were just going to do a normal at-grade intersection with a bunch of lights? I always thought that the main reason for the side detour was to put a interchange/overpass bridge over the CN line.

Anyone have any idea why they decided to do this? All the recent talk I've been hearing to make the 101 a true "freeway", and this just seems like a step backwards.

Funds , funds , funds .
The plans for upgrades were actually thought up prior to 1997 . As you know , in '97 we got a swimming lesson courtesy of nature so we got stuck with a $600 million bill to upgrade the floodway first .

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 1:56 PM
Heart of the Continent

The province told me in an email that they do have the goal of getting rid of all lights on 1, 75, and the perimeter, but in the short term, some additional lights will be necessary for safety reasons.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 3:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
The province told me in an email that they do have the goal of getting rid of all lights on 1, 75, and the perimeter, but in the short term, some additional lights will be necessary for safety reasons.
LOL! they have a goal!!

Old Posted May 13, 2012, 10:09 PM

Hey, have you guys seen the activity west of Regina (Hwy #1/Pinkie Rd.)? Lots of lights set up this spring! That will eventually be a massive interchange. (Due to the length of the trucks.)

Old Posted May 13, 2012, 11:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
I cannot wait until this is completed, so my Great-Great-Great Grandchildren can enjoy it!

Old Posted May 14, 2012, 12:56 AM
Heart of the Continent

There's some progress happening right now. The province is spending a great deal of money, but, there is also a great deal of catch up to do. Prior to 2006, Manitoba governments just weren't spending the necessary money.

Old Posted May 14, 2012, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I cannot wait until this is completed, so my Great-Great-Great Grandchildren can enjoy it!

internet gold

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 8:30 PM

Anyone know notice how deteriorated the interchange at Main St. and the Perimeter is?

I saw a semi trying to merge off Main onto the Perimeter and there is absolutely no room for the side merging lane, it's more like a half lane. The semi almost ended up swiping a car that was trying to get onto the other side of the clover to get up onto Main St. Not to mention the concrete is crumbling off the bridge and it has steel reinforcements on the inside columns.

I'm guessing nothing is planned here for a long long time. Probably till it becomes overly deteriorated and there is an accident. Anyone know how old this interchange is? It's super small in comparison to the other interchanges at McPhilips and Brookside.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Anyone know notice how deteriorated the interchange at Main St. and the Perimeter is?

I saw a semi trying to merge off Main onto the Perimeter and there is absolutely no room for the side merging lane, it's more like a half lane. The semi almost ended up swiping a car that was trying to get onto the other side of the clover to get up onto Main St. Not to mention the concrete is crumbling off the bridge and it has steel reinforcements on the inside columns.

I'm guessing nothing is planned here for a long long time. Probably till it becomes overly deteriorated and there is an accident. Anyone know how old this interchange is? It's super small in comparison to the other interchanges at McPhilips and Brookside.
It also has a height restriction on the Perimeter, with signs flashing if trucks are over-height. It needs to be rebuilt to fix this.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 8:53 PM

Quote:

Would have been built some time in the early to mid 1960's as that was part of the original construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan