HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
Well said, I agree with you. Spot on. I can't wait till more windows are up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
I don't think this is a baseless point at all. The tower will look incredibly tall due to its slender profile, but the facade treatment does not emphasize the verticality of the building (think vertical elements) like 111 W 57th or the former twins. I think a different design could have made a similar size / height building look even taller. That said, this thing will obviously tower over Midtown due to its sheer height.
Thank you. Sbarn, your analysis perfectly complements my point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Incandenza View Post
It's just that it will sit there as kind of a mute presence on the skyline, a flat presence, with no sense of energy to justify all that height.
Incandenza, you don't like Vinoly's tower but you have something in common with him: You are also an architect. But an architect of language. It is a gift to be able to express such a feeling in writing. But to do it with so few words is more than that: it is an art. However, according to me, it is because none of us would have thought (or dared) to design it that way, in other words thanks to this "senseless" verticality, that this tower will have a unique and refreshing presence in the skyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
You're worrying about something that isn't there, like the spooky monster under the bed.
NYguy, thanks for the good laugh. Without you, this site would be dull and lifeless.

ILNY, thanks for these beautiful pictures.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive