HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 10:17 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
Dreger on 1260 is reporting that Spector says the Smyth deal is done. hells yeah.
I guess that means I will keep my mullet.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 10:18 PM

The Twitterverse is exploding over this:

"Break out those #94 jerseys Oilers fans...... #GotAGoodFeeling"

"Was told Calgary and Edmonton are in play for Ryan Smyth. Nothing done yet though"

"Lots of speculation today Smyth to #oilers is being discussed right now. #LAKings want to move him. #Flames also in mix."

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 10:24 PM
Closed account

The only reason why the Flames would want Smyth is because then we would know that Tanguay is not being resigned.

But really, we could probably get a younger, cheaper player in FA.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I'm happy he is coming, but the Flames NEEDED to trade Hagman/Stajan/Kotalik.
No one in their right mind would take any of them for the amount they make. Unless Darryl Sutter gets another GM job...

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
The only reason why the Flames would want Smyth is because then we would know that Tanguay is not being resigned.

Why wouldn't we want Tanguay? that guy is solid, he put up 69 points last year. We are going to re-sign Tanguay, that's pretty much a guarantee, especially if Regehr is gone.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 11:22 PM
Change is good

Did any of you hear about the new drink at Tim Hortons called The Canuck? It comes without a cup!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 11:41 PM

lol, that's so bad it's funny!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 12:05 AM

Man, those Philly trades blew my mind!

Rumour has it that the Flyers offered Carter and Richards (individually) for Kulemin/Kadri. Burke said he didn't want to include Kulemin for Carter, but said maybe about the offer for Richards. Didn't end up happening though obviously.

I'm kind of glad, as I like Kulemin I'm glad he didn't get traded, but I would have liked to see Richards on the list. Guess the other Richards will have to do! :p

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 12:15 AM

I'm not so sure Burke is as delusional as most Leafs fans, so I doubt that rumour

Habs re-sign Markov for 3 years. I wonder if they'll get a full season out of him in those combined years.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
I'm not so sure Burke is as delusional as most Leafs fans, so I doubt that rumour

Habs re-sign Markov for 3 years. I wonder if they'll get a full season out of him in those combined years.
What exactly is delusional about that?

Kulemin is a proven 30-30 guy, Kadri is a good prospect with a large upside.
It would be quite the steep payment for Carter, but not as much for Richards which is why it wasn't a "no".

EDIT: How do you like them apples.
http://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 1:01 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
Man, those Philly trades blew my mind!

Rumour has it that the Flyers offered Carter and Richards (individually) for Kulemin/Kadri. Burke said he didn't want to include Kulemin for Carter, but said maybe about the offer for Richards. Didn't end up happening though obviously.

I'm kind of glad, as I like Kulemin I'm glad he didn't get traded, but I would have liked to see Richards on the list. Guess the other Richards will have to do! :p
I was about to call you delusional too, but then I saw the key word, "individually". I at first thought you meant both of them. For one of the Flyer players... maybe.

However, one season is not a "proven" 30 goal scorer. Then again, Philly clearly is throwing away good players just to clear cap space, so it's not surprising they offered that. I won't say Burke's a complete idiot, but Carter is just below Crosby, Ovechkin, and Stamkos in terms of goal scoring over the past 4 seasons. That's a hell of a miss if you ask me.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 2:23 AM
Dont let the name fool u

I can't believe Philly just traded their captain. Carter, I get...Richards is shocking.
Signing Bryzgalov to a 9 year contract is pure stupidity. I know they have never had a goalie, but Bryzgalov hasn't proven himself to warrant such a commitment.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 3:43 AM
Go Chiefs!

About time... If he stays healthy, it's a bargain.

CANADIENS RE-SIGN MARKOV TO THREE-YEAR, $17.25 MILLION CONTRACT

Quote:
MONTREAL -- Andrei Markov started his career with the Montreal Canadiens, and it looks like he may end it with them too.

The Canadiens announced Thursday that the veteran defenceman has signed a US$17.25-million, three-year deal with the club that will see Markov in a Montreal uniform through the 2013-14 season.

His yearly salary of $5.75 million is unchanged from his last contract
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369816

By the end of his contract, Markov would have played 14 seasons with the Habs... 2 more than Saku.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 3:52 AM

I'm sure he'll put in a solid 50-60 games over those 3 years, the rest...it's party time

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 4:08 AM
Go Chiefs!

So you don't like Price and you don't like Markov...hmmm... let me guess, you are a Habs hater.

Markov will surprise all haters and will stay healthy. He and Subban are going to destroy teams especially on the PP. Too bad this means the end for the Wiz.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 4:38 AM

there's nothing wrong with the way Markov plays which is very rare, Price has proven absolutely nothing over his playoff career, until he does the verdict is still out

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
So you don't like Price and you don't like Markov...hmmm... let me guess, you are a Habs hater.
I think he's just stuck in the past when the habs won everything and today's putrid little hockey team isn't good enough for him.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 7:04 AM
Vancouverite

Markov is just unlucky due to two freak accidents, similar to Bieksa.

Before 08 he was healthy for the most part.

I'm starting to think that the Flyers deals could become a winwin, but the Bryz contract is atrocious, people complain about Luongo's hot/cold performance and his long term 5million $ cap hit, now they should look at Ilya, 7million, GEESUS.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
I think he's just stuck in the past when the habs won everything and today's putrid little hockey team isn't good enough for him.
That's pretty rich coming from someone who has an avatar of Freddie Mercury with a Canadiens cap on, oh by the way there's a very good chance I was at that concert, I know Freddy put on a Canadien's cap or jersey at the end of the show I saw, I can't remember which and no I wasn't stoned

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Genius View Post
Signing Bryzgalov to a 9 year contract is pure stupidity. I know they have never had a goalie, but Bryzgalov hasn't proven himself to warrant such a commitment.
My thoughts exactly. They bet the farm on this guy, trading away Carter and Richards just to sign him.

And they are stuck with Bryz, through thick and thin until he's 40. Really, there isn't a goalie not named Roloson who can compete at the level, at that age, that can even warrant that kind of cap hit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada