HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 5:55 AM

Wells Fargo is leaving their building on Main and Center street.

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/wel...7bfd6fd3f.html

Personally, I think this is a great loss. Their presence in this building made it one of my favorites.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2015, 9:24 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawesome View Post
Wells Fargo is leaving their building on Main and Center street.

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/wel...7bfd6fd3f.html

Personally, I think this is a great loss. Their presence in this building made it one of my favorites.
I'm not very familiar with the banking situation in Logan. Are there any other banks, such as Zions, that have a downtown presence? I wonder if Zions may be interested in increasing their presence in Logan. They obviously like to have a strong presence in the communities across the region, with major buildings in of course SLC, as well as Provo and Boise. They only have a 3 story Financial Center in downtown Ogden so maybe this might be a nice addition for them. Just speculation of course.

While the loss of Wells Fargo is a bad thing I imagine that such a prime location that some retail will move into the street level and I also imagine that the new owner will keep the existing tenants on the upper floors.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2015, 10:42 PM

Wells Fargo Bank Building Selling

To answer the question. Zions bank has a downtown branch 1 block away on the other side of tabernacle square in logan. Key bank, is located two blocks away, Lewiston State Bank (Local but with 5 locations) and they own another bank that is located in southern utah that i can't remember the name of that they bought out. Cache Valley Bank the dominate and premier bank in Logan has the largest downtown location that is beautiful and expanding rapidly. They also have multiple locations in the valley and own a company that has locations in Layton through Provo area.
USU Credit Union as well has a downtown presence in logan with multiple locations throughout the valley and are part of Sun West Credit Union.

The reality of the property selling is that it will be turned into a even better space. The rumour mill is that it will become a boutique hotel, giving downtown a larger presence, and a premier location of a hotel for the opera, ballet, and downtown events throughout the year. Think Hotel Monaco when the big hotel chains weren't around.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutOfBubbleGum View Post
Looks like a Warehouse. Probably Zollingers Cold Storage or Swifts meats. Something along those lines. Did you take that shot from the Soccer complex?
This complex is the Malouf fine linens complex. They are moving their headquarters from Las Vegas back to Cache Valley where the Malouf's are from. And yes they are the same Malouf family as in "real housewives of orange county", owners of the Palms Resort in Las Vegas, yada yada. This is simply a grand childs company that is rather large internationally.

They make linens out of bamboo blends.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strippadam View Post
To answer the question. Zions bank has a downtown branch 1 block away on the other side of tabernacle square in logan. Key bank, is located two blocks away, Lewiston State Bank (Local but with 5 locations) and they own another bank that is located in southern utah that i can't remember the name of that they bought out. Cache Valley Bank the dominate and premier bank in Logan has the largest downtown location that is beautiful and expanding rapidly. They also have multiple locations in the valley and own a company that has locations in Layton through Provo area.
USU Credit Union as well has a downtown presence in logan with multiple locations throughout the valley and are part of Sun West Credit Union.

The reality of the property selling is that it will be turned into a even better space. The rumour mill is that it will become a boutique hotel, giving downtown a larger presence, and a premier location of a hotel for the opera, ballet, and downtown events throughout the year. Think Hotel Monaco when the big hotel chains weren't around.
Sounds good to me Strippadam. That is one beautiful building, and deserves something like an elegant, boutique style hotel to occupy it.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2015, 5:51 PM
The Drifter

I just got my new camera this week and plan on getting out around Cache Valley and taking some pictures over the next week. The plan is to wander around Logan's Downtown, USU and if I have other time to find other locations to post any development that I find in the valley. I actually live in Smithfield and might wander around Main here and take a few shots of the little downtown here.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 7:27 PM

Over the weekend I saw some pictures float around on Twitter of the new press box being considered by Utah State at Romney Stadium. USU had them taken down because it's not official. Some guy on a message board was able to dig up some of the proposals. These are not the renderings I saw but they are very close.

A few things I'm happy about and not so happy about.

Love that they will finally have AN ELEVATOR to the press box.

Love that the structure will span the full length of the west side and they are Building 200 bathrooms.

They will have 24 suites which is about right for that stadium.

Something I do not like is that they will not fill in those small gaps on the edges of the North and south of the West side bleachers which just throws off the symmetry I feel. But if all of this is true, they are filling in the same gaps on the East Side of the stadium.

the whole project is slated to cost 25-35 million and from what I heard most of that is from 2 donors. I could poke around for more info but I don't care right now and wont see my guy that knows about this stuff for another 2 days.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 3:36 AM
The Drifter

Couple weeks late, but I tend to do things on my time so its better late then never. I didn't get up to USU for any pictures and I will have to do that on another day.

Lets start out with the Center Street mansions.
Untitled by steven.fidler80, on Flickr

Next on the tour is the Logan Temple.

Now lets move onto Logan's downtown

The Haunted House

Spring has begun

That days sunset

Old Posted Mar 15, 2015, 7:25 PM

Thanks for the pics!

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 1:03 AM

Half of those photos say "No longer available" for me.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 5:55 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Half of those photos say "No longer available" for me.
I don't know what is going on with the links but if you actually click on them it still takes you to the picture that was posted.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 4:22 AM

Well, it looks like the addition AllOutOfBubbleGum told us about will be happening to "Maverik Stadium" now.

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/usu...dd7742e6f.html

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Well, it looks like the addition AllOutOfBubbleGum told us about will be happening to "Maverik Stadium" now.

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/usu...dd7742e6f.html
The Herold Journal forgot the other pics USU provided to Media

This is really an unofficial Phase 1. This will cut the stadium down in seating. USU plans on adding and renovating the East stands one day. I know they initially set a goal for 50 million and that would finish off the renovations they wanted to do. Hitting that goal was a bit difficult so this is really only half of what will be done to Maverick Stadium over the next decade or 2. The goal is to have a 40 thousand seat stadium. Baby steps for them.

Old Posted May 3, 2015, 8:53 PM

The CacheMPO transportation plan 2040 is up and open for comments.

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 10:36 PM

Just letting you guys know, I was driving by USU yesterday, and noticed that the construction on the football stadium has started. (Sorry, I didn't get a picture. I know, I know ...) Does anybody have a time schedule for this project, or know how long its going to take to complete?

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Just letting you guys know, I was driving by USU yesterday, and noticed that the construction on the football stadium has started. (Sorry, I didn't get a picture. I know, I know ...) Does anybody have a time schedule for this project, or know how long its going to take to complete?
Start of the football season 2016. Who's the construction company making it Okland, Layton or Big D? Okland did the basketball center.

Edit: I decided to not be lazy this time and found out myself. http://www.okland.com/markets/higher...ium-renovation

Old Posted May 7, 2015, 2:28 PM

Ha, This looks pretty cool. They should do something like this up at Jordanelle and or Deer Creek

New resort to bring luxury camping to Bear Lake

KSL - Mike Anderson

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34543239&nid=1070&s_cid=rec3

10 covered wagon-style tents will sit on an upcoming luxury camping resort near Bear Lake called Conestoga Ranch. (Photo: Mike Anderson, KSL-TV)

GARDEN CITY — A new, upcoming resort near Bear Lake aims to put glamour into camping. The business partners and owners of the site are modeling the idea after another glamping site in Montana.

"We're not trying to help people rough it," said Mike Knapp, part owner of Conestoga Ranch. "We're just trying to make camping really comfortable, and real easy."

The Conestoga Ranch will feature 10 covered wagon-style tents, and eight more full-size glamping tents. Neither style is intended to give people a full pioneer experience. Instead, each tent will have electricity and beds with linens provided. Some of the more luxurious options will include king-sized beds, full bathrooms and a mini-fridge.

"You can camp without all the inconveniences of camping, and that appeals to a lot of families," Knapp said.

The resort will also feature a restaurant, and employees will be on hand to make s'mores. Each tent will have walking trail access. When guests check-in, Knapp says they'll be greeted to a sort-of concierge, who will transport luggage to the tents via golf cart.

"I love to camp. The further away I can get, the better," Knapp said, pointing out that he likes to rough it from time to time. "But this will work very well for my family. I think it will be a lot easier to get my family here with me." ...

Eight tents larger than the 10 covered-wagon style tents will sit on Conestoga Ranch, an upcoming luxury camping resort near Bear Lake. (Photo: Mike Anderson, KSL-TV)

People work on constructing the site for an upcoming luxury camping resort near Bear Lake called Conestoga Ranch. (Photo: Mike Anderson, KSL-TV)

Last edited by delts145; May 7, 2015 at 2:43 PM.

Old Posted May 11, 2015, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutOfBubbleGum View Post
The Herold Journal forgot the other pics USU provided to Media

This is really an unofficial Phase 1. This will cut the stadium down in seating. USU plans on adding and renovating the East stands one day. I know they initially set a goal for 50 million and that would finish off the renovations they wanted to do. Hitting that goal was a bit difficult so this is really only half of what will be done to Maverick Stadium over the next decade or 2. The goal is to have a 40 thousand seat stadium. Baby steps for them.
Amazing...

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 8:07 PM

By the start of the football season they could have some steal in place

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 5:30 PM

Looks like Logan's getting a new six-plex.

Quote:
The Logan Planning Commission has approved a new design for a proposed six-plex apartment complex near the Logan LDS Temple that generated some controversy over its fit in the neighborhood.

At Thursday's Planning Commission meeting, contractor Greg McDonagh and architect Steve Mansfield presented a modified building plan for the .13-acre complex that would stand at 274 E 300 North.

According to McDonagh, they "incorporated different types of materials to create more variety," so the building will fit more with the scale of the neighborhood.

With the new design, they changed some of the parapet walls to open wire railings, allowing for a more open structure. They added some vertical steel sighting to the stairwell, as well as window pop-outs to the west side of the building. There are three of those on the second floor.

Pergolas have been placed on all floors to "add more interest to the front," according to McDonagh.
http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/log...173fde00a.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West