HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > 2010 Olympic Winter Games [Archive]

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:19 AM

but we have to admit that it was the natives who piled up their shit here first, fed our soil and grew our city... then came the europeans', not much needed to be said about that...they dumped their shit into the ocean and it became richmond...

but at last it was the chinese who piled up their shit under richmond...so the soil was firmer and stronger, and the city didn't sink.

when our shit all came together down the drains, melted together under multiculturalism, we grew stronger as a city, so missing anyone is a very sad thing

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:23 AM

You sure do shit a lot.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 1:28 PM

More cryptic remarks from vansky...

Ceremonial knives, not a big deal IMHO. I really wish the 9/11 hijackers had at least 1 gun, then we wouldn't be in the state of box-cutter paranoia.

It sounds like a big deal, but until one person gets hurt by one of these guys with a ceremonial knife, I say give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 2:39 PM

Angry time for a break

I've got a better (I hope) idea. Let's ignore all this political correctness - it's old hat, and it's tedious. Let's ignore Rachel Marsden - she's a loon. Let's not contribute further to this thread, but instead, get back to the more pressing issues to be found on this blog, like econmics, infrastructure, homelessness, quality of life, livability ....... the list goes on.

Let's let my little post here be the last one for this entry, as this thread will not change anything and, other than giving people the opportunity to vent their frustrations serves nothing and achieves nothing.

So find your favourite topic, and go there. It would be a better use of time than letting a lulu like Rachel Marsden, or any other right OR left extremeist, waste time, energy , and space on the blog.

Say good-night, Rachel. Say good-night potical correctness. Thank you all.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 3:28 PM

Well trofirhnen, I think some people out there on the intrawebs thinks that to be politically incorrect is the same as being allowed to say racist things. it isn't. I hear people refer to my kind as 'chinks' in public and when I call them out on it, they're saying they just don't like being PC. Nuh-uh. I cannot stress that a racist remark is a racist remark, don't brand it as being politically incorrect.

It's a fine line and Rachel Marsden crossed it by a light year.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:08 PM

sorry Nova, I meant well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Well trofirhnen, I think some people out there on the intrawebs thinks that to be politically incorrect is the same as being allowed to say racist things. it isn't. I hear people refer to my kind as 'chinks' in public and when I call them out on it, they're saying they just don't like being PC. Nuh-uh. I cannot stress that a racist remark is a racist remark, don't brand it as being politically incorrect.

It's a fine line and Rachel Marsden crossed it by a light year.
I have never been in your shoes, but I can imagine how insulting it must be.
This Rachel Marsden gal ought to shut the *bleeep* up, and that's for sure.
Sorry I can't be more constructive. I guess I shouldn't have said what I did in my post.

What I really meant was: don't acknowledge these jerks; Hold your high and walk on by, if you can. Acknowledging them only gives them more "power."
I say this with great respect to you, Nova, not meaning any slight whatever.

As an example, I was one of those skinny kids in school who got razzed continually and called EVERYTHING insulting you can imagine. When I reacted, vicious people sensed it and razzed me all the harder.

The only way I rose above it was hold my head up and tune them out.
Then they backed off looking for blood elsewhere. Perhaps not a good parallel, but it's all I can come up with. Hope you understand.

Sincerely, trofirhen

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:52 PM
testify

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansky View Post
i think the indies built the toilet, and the europeans sat on it, and shitted on it, which is what u get now...a pile of shit. but now, there's more asian shit too..

btw, asians only mostly built richmond or some parts in coquitlam, the rest is mostly by europeans

the natives emphasis is biased, we all had some shit here...dont forget us
this is a pretty classic drunk post.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:55 PM

Quote:
but we have to admit that it was the natives who piled up their shit here first, fed our soil and grew our city... then came the europeans', not much needed to be said about that...they dumped their shit into the ocean and it became richmond...

but at last it was the chinese who piled up their shit under richmond...so the soil was firmer and stronger, and the city didn't sink.

when our shit all came together down the drains, melted together under multiculturalism, we grew stronger as a city, so missing anyone is a very sad thing
Another highly inteligent, well informed post. Well done sir.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_from_kamakura View Post
this is a pretty classic drunk post.
Unfortunately, he's not drunk...

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 5:58 PM

Now even the Vancouver Olympics medals are Native American. I'm so excited I threw my dreamcatcher across my tipi

By Rachel Marsden World Last updated: October 15th, 2009

21 Comments Comment on this article

After coming out with a Native American Olympic logo and mascots, the Vancouver Winter Olympics has unveiled the Olympic medals and they are – yes! – “aboriginal designed”. As a Canadian myself, I was so excited I threw my dreamcatcher across my tipi.

Just one question. Has anyone checked the list of Canadian athletes competing at these games? I’m assuming that three quarters of them will be Native Americans, in keeping with the theme, and national honour demands that at least two thirds of medal winners will be from aboriginal stock. (To make sure they are not culturally disadvantaged, “calm inducing” Native American plants won’t be considered a banned substance in the event that competitors wish to toke up before launching themselves down a mountain or across a sheet of ice with blades strapped to their feet.)

I’ll be watching, and if I detect even the slightest hint of “racism” I’ll be dragging everyone before a human rights tribunal. Held in a sweat lodge, naturally.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ra...cross-my-tipi/

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:03 PM

Why is a "New York Based" political strategist, writing on a British website, about Vancouver, so obsessively, anyways?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:07 PM

^ she was born and raised in Vancouver.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:12 PM

Oh, well, here's hoping someone in England doesn't actually pay her for this

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x View Post
^ she was born and raised in Vancouver.
Well... heres to her having left!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:25 PM

I, for one, am happy that organizers are intentionally using the Olympics to denigrate and deny everything that is non-Native within Canada.
Hopefully, this is one positive step along the way to the eventual deportation of all non-Native peoples.

But seriously, West Coast aboriginal art is beautiful and pretty much all that we have to draw from that is uniquely "Canadian" other than Group of Seven type stuff.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:35 PM
Inflatable Hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
I don't advocate violence against women, but this bitch needs the shit kicked out of her.

I was attending SFU when her 1st attempt at self-promoting bullshit ruined that coach's life, I've hated her for a loooong time.
I crossed paths with this psycho too... nothing in this world is too bad to be inflicted upon her.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Policy Wonk View Post
I crossed paths with this psycho too... nothing in this world is too bad to be inflicted upon her.
Should make sure she has tickets to our full of PC, Native dancing, music, and art, opening ceremonies.

Heads will explode!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 7:19 PM

i'm not drunk, mr.x knows me the best. what do u think my next post will focus on?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 7:24 PM

Quote:
i'm not drunk, mr.x knows me the best. what do u think my next post will focus on?
I don't know, but we're all on the edge of our seats.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2009, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
I don't know, but we're all on the edge of our seats.
wait till i strike you with my great originality

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > 2010 Olympic Winter Games [Archive]