HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 9:22 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
^At this point the skyline impacts are the least important part of the project.
I don't think that's necessarily true. It may not be the case with many buildings but Seattleites have begun to pay closer attention to the skyline ever since The Cosmopolitan fiasco (where the condo building lost a huge percentage of views and was overshadowed by a building not more than 30 ft away).

Put the fact that this is amazon on top of that, a ginormous company which people here expect a lot from. While a majority number of citizens won't expect much, I would say a large number of them do.

As for the massing, I'm not overly impressed but it's not a disappointment either. The have a chance to create three classy buildings, perhaps along the lines of London's Canary Wharf. Simple, elegant, stubby. My main concern is how they'll connect this area with the rest of the shopping district. The CBD blends into SD, but you go a few blocks into this proposed zone and it's bare. I don't expect a mall, but it looks like the perfect opportunity to liven up the immediate area!

Last edited by Aleks; Apr 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive