HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 7:36 PM
ithakas's Avatar
ithakas ithakas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 798
Cool CHICAGO | BMO Tower | 727 FT | 50 FLOORS | SITE DEMO

Winning Redevelopment Team:

Riverside Venture. architect: Goettsch Partners


















Losing Redevelopment Teams:


- Sterling Bay. architect: Skidmore Owings & Merrill.





- Golub. architect: Gensler.

no images available



- JLL consortium. architect: Studio Gang and Pelli Clark Pelli.

no images available

Last edited by Steely Dan; May 25, 2017 at 2:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 9:25 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post



I'll take this over the proposal at Madison & Clinton.

The rendering reminds me a bit of what was proposed as a headquarters for BP a few years back.

The fact that this is west of the river, it'll make a hell of an impact on the skyline.
__________________
titanic1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 9:26 PM
Via Chicago Via Chicago is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,658
build the dang cheese grater

seriously, i think i love this design more than any other thats been announced in the boom. will be tragic if theyre not chosen. finally something thats not a blue box.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 5:37 AM
HomrQT's Avatar
HomrQT HomrQT is offline
All-American City Boy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forest Park / Uptown, Chicago
Posts: 1,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
build the dang cheese grater

seriously, i think i love this design more than any other thats been announced in the boom. will be tragic if theyre not chosen. finally something thats not a blue box.
It's really not that far from being a 'blue box'.
__________________
1. 111 W 57 - Manhattan, New York - SHoP Architects - Photo
2. 9 Dekalb Ave - Brooklyn, New York - SHoP Architects - Photo
3. One Chicago Square - Chicago - HPA and Goettsch Partners - Photo
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 5:46 AM
Llemon Llemon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
A quick and dirty model made with basic photogrammetry

Some dimensions are off by quite a bit, but I'll try and get everything right tomorrow.





link to album if the above embed pics dont work; http://imgur.com/a/7KL4w
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 1:08 AM
The Lurker The Lurker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llemon View Post
A quick and dirty model made with basic photogrammetry

Some dimensions are off by quite a bit, but I'll try and get everything right tomorrow.





link to album if the above embed pics dont work; http://imgur.com/a/7KL4w
Good shit! Just for fun you should add 625 W. Monroe!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 7:38 PM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 3,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Does this take up the full block? From this render it seems to come North to Jackson (probably some plaza space there) and span from Canal to Clinton. But the south edge looks to be even with the north face of the US Equities-Union tower. Meaning it doesn't go all the way to Van Buren. We can't really see what's down there. A plaza?
Edit: Maybe that's an optical illusion, I'm wavering on that. Can't really tell where the south face lands.

I like the design though. And yes, it will really stretch out the skyline from there. And be a new tallest west of the river yes?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 8:25 PM
Tom Servo's Avatar
Tom Servo Tom Servo is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,647
Cool. But why do I feel like either A this won't get built or B it'll go the way of that Jahn building and be ruined by Kamin and his NIMBY posse... Hmm...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 1:03 AM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Cool. But why do I feel like either A this won't get built or B it'll go the way of that Jahn building and be ruined by Kamin and his NIMBY posse... Hmm...
This isn't a historic district and residences are minimal around here.
__________________
titanic1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 8:26 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is offline
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 21,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
And be a new tallest west of the river yes?
yes, by a couple hundred feet.
__________________
He has to go.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 9:03 PM
chiphile's Avatar
chiphile chiphile is offline
yes
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: chicago
Posts: 490
Can someone do a quick photoshop and show us what it would look like if the slanted end were to be extended, along with the straight end, to make a pointy roof? we could use a pointy roof in the skyline, along with a 1000+ footer in the west loop. The random 958' is annoying, just get it up past 1000!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 9:44 PM
Zerton's Avatar
Zerton Zerton is offline
Ω
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphile View Post
Can someone do a quick photoshop and show us what it would look like if the slanted end were to be extended, along with the straight end, to make a pointy roof? we could use a pointy roof in the skyline, along with a 1000+ footer in the west loop. The random 958' is annoying, just get it up past 1000!
Best I could do (I ran out of space to complete the wedge! ):

__________________
If all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed, if all records told the same tale, then the lie passed into history and became truth. -Orwell
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 9:53 PM
chiphile's Avatar
chiphile chiphile is offline
yes
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: chicago
Posts: 490
^Dude, awesome. thanks! makes the original look like a tree stump. this looks like its "natural" design while the original feels like it got cut due to financing or NIMBY issues. They can do this, just put a damn hotel with scenic restaurant up in the thinner/higher floor plates and we're done.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 12:27 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 41,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Best I could do (I ran out of space to complete the wedge! ):


That would look great, a modern John Hancock. But it's fine the way it is also.
__________________
NEW YORK. World's capital.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 1:47 AM
munchymunch's Avatar
munchymunch munchymunch is offline
MPLSXCHI
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 1,049
Can we have the first post updated with pics and info?
__________________
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." -Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 2:08 AM
Kngkyle Kngkyle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago/New York
Posts: 2,394
One piece from the article that hasn't been mentioned thus far is Bank of America being a potential anchor tenant. Apparently they are looking to consolidate their Chicago operations into one building. I would think they'd need easily more than a million sq ft for that. Perhaps one of our most in-the-know forumers would know the cumulative size of their ops here?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #17  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 3:29 AM
tjp tjp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
One piece from the article that hasn't been mentioned thus far is Bank of America being a potential anchor tenant. Apparently they are looking to consolidate their Chicago operations into one building. I would think they'd need easily more than a million sq ft for that. Perhaps one of our most in-the-know forumers would know the cumulative size of their ops here?

Have you heard anything about Bank of America related to this space, or just that they're looking to consolidate?

When I read Sterling Bay already had tenants lined up, I automatically thought Walgreens.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 3:40 AM
Kngkyle Kngkyle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago/New York
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjp View Post
Have you heard anything about Bank of America related to this space, or just that they're looking to consolidate?

When I read Sterling Bay already had tenants lined up, I automatically thought Walgreens.
From the Crains article:

Quote:
Gloor did not identify potential anchor tenants for its project. One tenant in the market that could potentially launch such a large project is Bank of America, which is believed to be considering consolidating workers now in several Chicago locations into one huge new space, according to real estate sources.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 3:28 AM
Mr Downtown's Avatar
Mr Downtown Mr Downtown is offline
Urbane observer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
Dedicated thread for the new sterling bay union station tower proposal: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=224752
A dedicated thread for a proposal where the developer hasn't even put in a bid for the site yet? Isn't that a bit premature?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 1:34 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is offline
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 21,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
A dedicated thread for a proposal where the developer hasn't even put in a bid for the site yet? Isn't that a bit premature?
three things:

1. this is sterling bay and they have released a rendering. if this were some unknown mexican hotel developer, or there wasn't a rendering released, we wouldn't have a dedicated thread.

2. over the years we've created dozens of dedicated threads for chicago proposals that never went anywhere. if this one doesn't go anywhere, it will be no different.

3. most importantly, the primary purpose of dedicated threads is to let SSP forumers, other than the chicago regulars, know about significant tower proposals when they are announced. it might be hard to believe, but not everyone on this forum religiously reads all 8 billion posts of the chicago highrise development thread.
__________________
He has to go.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Sep 9, 2016 at 1:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:54 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.