HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

307 Prince Albert Road in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
You cannot talk about a patient's illness without understanding the disease. This is not about the Centre Plan which is just another victim of that same contagious disease.
Right, but talking about generalities will not likely progress 'this' discussion.

However, it doesn't appear that it will progress anyhow as all I'm hearing is crickets...

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 11:54 PM

First reading in Regional Council happened on July 30th, there's a public hearing scheduled for september 17th

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 12:36 AM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Got a good look at the crane tonight. I do not see where this one has the ability to self jack. I'm with the previous poster, that this doesn't seem tall enough for the floors that are planned.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Looks like Austin's tantrum and threats against the long-suffering developer amounted to nothing:

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2019...l-project.html

Given that HRM is seemingly made of money these days I'm surprised he isn't still arguing for this. But I'm glad he has admitted defeat.
It's very important this project move forward - it's important for certain members of city council to understand there is job is NOT to stop development in the city.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith p. View Post
it is the same for any development over 3 storeys in height in this town - tall-building phobia. Your question really should be much broader and not site specific. Why does the much-vaunted centre plan limit height so stringently? Why has virtually every development agreement hearing bogged down into a parade of citizens decrying the proposals by saying "it's too tall!!" and "we're not toronto!!"? Why has so much tax money and staff time been spent over the years sawing off development proposals generally, not just the previous ones proposed for this site which went through an absurd process of proposal/counter proposal for years over a couple of floors that once built, nobody would have even noticed. It is unchecked planning theory run amok, fuelled in part by many militant urban planners in an oversized and poorly managed hrm planning dept..
great post!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth