HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 4:01 PM

Farhi's GM Trim site development was approved by city council yesterday. The first apartment building should start in the late winter, and the residential lot servicing should start in the spring, as per the Windsor Star.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmacm View Post
Nothing is happening on site. The case is exactly the same for The Hive on Pelissier, supposedly they got their demo permits in March and "work has started" but nothing has happened yet, as of yesterday when I walked by the site.

My guess it's a lot of newer companies that don't have experience constructing taller buildings, hence why it's taking so long. Right now it's only Piroli and Valente who have been able to get anything off the ground at all.

I think the next one that will get off the ground will be the Amico/Hotel Dieu development on Crawford and University.
The Hive so far doesn't appear to be cancelled. Their Facebook page is very active and posts a few times a week. Apparently they are taking reservations and are stating occupancy should happen starting 2020. With that said, I'll believe it when I see it. Each time I've been by there, I see very little evidence of ongoing work. But supposedly it's all still a go.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 1:33 AM
Rockin' Buffet Tables

In Gordie Howe bridge news, it sounds like it's still awhile away before we get to see the really visible progress get going, but they are starting to put the footings in place for now

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...aking-progress

Their site also has this interesting update: "Material will start to come to site in 1 to 2 weeks, we will be expecting around 200 trucks per day."

https://www.gordiehoweinternationalb...ivities-canada

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario