HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Cunard Block in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
There's a fleet fuel card in each car and you're responsible for ensuring it's returned with at least half a tank.

CarShare does the regular maintenance like oil changes, fluid top-ups, cleaning, and swapping out summer tires for winter.

Thanks for the info!

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 4:16 PM

Quote:
... The "flex" cars make it easier because you don't have to specify an end time when you book the car. With the "fixed" cars you have to say something like, "I want it from 2 to 4 on Tuesday", but I definitely had a few times where meetings went long or there was traffic and it was stressful getting it back in time...
Is there a difference in fees between flex and fixed?

Quote:
...CarShare does the regular maintenance like...swapping out summer tires for winter.
There's another difference from rentals, which don't tend to have winter tires.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastal View Post
Is there a difference in fees between flex and fixed?
Yes. Kind of. Flex has a really high time rate and no distance rate. Standard charges you a lower time rate but also charges by distance. BUT if you use a flex car CarShare gives you the best rate for your trip (i.e. they'll charge you the cheaper of the flex structure or the standard structure).

All in all the flex cars are way better; I'm glad they introduced them. The only downside of them is that they can only be booked as early as 30 minutes in advance, and there's no guarantee that there will be one in your neighbourhood (since people can drop them anywhere in the zone). So if you know you have a meeting on Monday and you want to be guaranteed a car, you need to book a standard car.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
They're located all around the city instead of at central rental locations, and you can drop them off anywhere within the zone.

The huge difference though is that you only use them for as long as you need. I would never rent a car to go to a one hour meeting, but I would do that with a CarShare. The "flex" cars make it easier because you don't have to specify an end time when you book the car. With the "fixed" cars you have to say something like, "I want it from 2 to 4 on Tuesday", but I definitely had a few times where meetings went long or there was traffic and it was stressful getting it back in time.
I've rented a car to go to a meeting. Was a couple of hours, not much distance. I think it cost me $25 or $30. Probably less than cabfare and certainly quicker.

I still fail to see why HRM keeps giving this operation special privileges since they are simply a tweak on the usual rental car model.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
... I still fail to see why HRM keeps giving this operation special privileges since they are simply a tweak on the usual rental car model.
What are the privileges that the city provides to Car Share?

Last time I looked at Car Share, I remember thinking the cost was higher than rental for the types of uses for which I would have accessed a car... But that was back when Enterprise (??) was fairly central on the Peninsula, on Agricola St. where the axe-throwing bar is now. I have a car now, so haven't really considered the relative merits for some time.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 6:14 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Has anybody heard news about this one? Will Southwest begin construction as soon as they wrap up their project on South Park Street?

In 2 years maybe this one will be well underway along with Skye and the Ralston.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 6:40 PM

It actually came up at DRC last night. I couldn't hear very well but what I gathered was that somebody had submitted a petition regarding this project, and the committee was voting to receive the petition and pass it onto staff to review and bring back when the proposal comes back to DRC (sounded like that'll be sometime soon).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth