HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

500 Summit Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 4:43 PM
N, N-Dimethyltryptamine

HAP Investments Sues Jersey City Over Alleged Stalling at 500 Summit Avenue

Quote:
Legal action has officially been taken over a 42-story development that has been planned in the Journal Square neighborhood, as the company behind the project claims that Jersey City has unfairly denied them permits that would let them begin construction at the site.

The development in question would rise on the east side of Summit Avenue between Sip and Magnolia Avenues just a block from the area’s PATH station. Designed by Centra Ruddy Architecture, the high-rise building is set to contain 740 rental units, 15,000 square feet of ground floor retail, and 200 parking spaces.

The site plan as currently designed completely conforms to existing zoning regulations under the Journal Square 2060 Redevelopment Plan. But according to the property owners, who are legally designated as 500 Summit Avenue Mazal LLC and a subsidiary of HAP Investments, Jersey City officials have yet to hold a planning board hearing on their application despite them submitting it almost a year ago.

In a lawsuit filed in Hudson County court on September 25, the company says they handed over all the documentation that was required of them to Jersey City’s Division of Planning on November 8, 2017. After a 45-day period of review expired in December last year, HAP claims they met in February with planning officials who had a few questions about the project’s height, but nonetIheless stated to them that the application would be deemed complete.
=====================
Jersey Digs

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 11:32 PM

My sources tell me this will be 470ft and contain 856 units. Hope you win your lawsuit HAP. This site has been stalled long enough.(I kinda understand where the residents are coming from. The magic Summit line where 70 floor towers to the west and 2 and 3 floor single family homes to the east, but it's unrealistic to expect that imaginary line to hold forever. I, for one, am happy that stupid empty lot it will occupy will be developed.

Last edited by C.; Jan 9, 2019 at 2:56 AM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 2:25 AM
N, N-Dimethyltryptamine

Excellent news. I think the unit counts are more important than the height. Those are some solid numbers CIA.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals