HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Soho Champagne in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 20, 2010, 4:31 PM
Citizen-at-large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Eade View Post
With respect to Arnon, it looks as if they are going cheap and storing cars on the surface. They should simply buy the Sunoco land (which I assume is a Brownfield), get a Brownfield Clean-up grant from the City, and then build a third tower. Their parking could go underground and ramping Hickory would again work. I get frustrated with the number of brownfields left vacant in this city.
My impression all-along with regards to this site is that this is exactly their intention. Develop the first two towers first, and then at some point when that project has been successful, acquire this parcel, and develop a third. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to make intuitive & business sense.

In any case, if I were buying in Soho Champagne, I would keep in mind that in addition to the already announced developments in the area, a third, potentially taller tower could end up right there to the south, another tower to the north (Humane Society), and that there is potential development to the east accross the O-Train tracks as well. That said, the setbacks (O-train corridor, the design of the towers on their podium) are such that I think even with all of those areas developed, the views from Soho will be excellent. But a buyer shouldn't expect completely unobstructed views to remain all that long.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa