HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 6:08 AM

This has got to be old (because in the description, it talks about the post office being incorporated in the building) but I actually did find some renderings for that Novare project called the Ovation on this website:

ThePrestonPartnership

It's still listed on the City's emerging project page with an undetermined start date, and I know the land the post office is on finally got sold.

If it ever does get built, I wonder if it will look anything like the renderings:

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 6:21 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Wow, too bad that won't get built as the rendering shows.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 3:41 PM

Damn! I do believe that's the best Novare design I've ever seen. Maybe that's why it never flew. It was too interesting.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2012, 4:03 PM
Meh

Yeah, that's Ovation. It would have been a sweet tower. That rendering shows 37 floors, but at one point it was planned to be 45 floors according to the planning review files for it. I never found a site plan, but in some of the notes it did say it was planned to have 45 floors. I think that was probably the earlier plans and they later whittled it down to 37 floors. The 2nd tower in the project on block 52 would have been 40 floors and about 550 feet. I don't know what they're planning now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive