Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Comcast Innovation & Technology Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Surely someone has a rendering of the new design?

...... Yep , here it is . Oops , never mine .

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
Just looking at the webcam, shows a nighttime shot, thing is all but useless & needs to be replaced with a live 24/7 drone feed circling the upper floors; would be good if it’d occasionally stop & interview the workers perhaps with questions submitted by us here in the viewing audience.

It's tilted so much that the top is actually so far west that it's still dark up there even when the bottom is basked in the morning light.

Tonight the top should still be sunny after the sun goes down in Phila.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 10:21 PM

Can you imagine how this building would look without the spire? It would look terrible. The entire west facade is based around the spire, and would simply look unfinished. The flat roof wouldn't necessarily look bad, it would just be way out of place as the tallest building in Philadelphia. In New York or Chicago that might look decent, but not as a city's tallest.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Guys... the tower is not 11" off plumb lol. That's just absurd. There is no new design and no shortening of the tower.
But how do we know you're not part of the conspiracy. Can you prove that your not?
Personally I think the hold up is because Comcast is going to kick the hotel out and have public housing instead. They need the tax breaks

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 2:18 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

DJI_0385 by Jonn Klein, on Flickr

DJI_0341 by Jonn Klein, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 1:40 PM
BANNED

My guess is they are waiting for the cooling towers or the steel frame that will support them and until they get those materials they can't do any more on the west side of the building.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
My guess is they are waiting for the cooling towers or the steel frame that will support them and until they get those materials they can't do any more on the west side of the building.
But that wouldn't prevent them from putting glass on the south, north, and east sides, would it?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
DJI_0385 by Jonn Klein, on Flickr

DJI_0341 by Jonn Klein, on Flickr
Great shots! Thanks for posting

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 8:53 PM

now reading rumors on various facebook pages regarding the alleged 11" tilt, reduced height, even possible total stoppage.

Has there been anything substantiated at all?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R5Ryder View Post
now reading rumors on various facebook pages regarding the alleged 11" tilt, reduced height, even possible total stoppage.

Has there been anything substantiated at all?
No. None of it has any basis in fact. All BS. The concrete core reached it's designed height of about 870' with less than a 2" variance in it's plumb, well within the specified standard (which I believe allows for as much as 6" of variance before corrective measures need to be taken). The building is on schedule. It is transitioning to the erection of the cooling towers, which as a previous post stated, requires a significant amount of product to be staged. The lone remaining tower crane at the SW corner has been dismantling the tower crane in the nE corner, which needed to be done before the final stage of the structure's erection can commence. The curtinwall for the hotel has been loaded into the building and that will become more visible beginning this coming week. It is amazing to hear these theories and urban legends.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruso975 View Post
No. None of it has any basis in fact. All BS. The concrete core reached it's designed height of about 870' with less than a 2" variance in it's plumb, well within the specified standard (which I believe allows for as much as 6" of variance before corrective measures need to be taken). The building is on schedule. It is transitioning to the erection of the cooling towers, which as a previous post stated, requires a significant amount of product to be staged. The lone remaining tower crane at the SW corner has been dismantling the tower crane in the nE corner, which needed to be done before the final stage of the structure's erection can commence. The curtinwall for the hotel has been loaded into the building and that will become more visible beginning this coming week. It is amazing to hear these theories and urban legends.
Thanks for the update. I know reporters who visit these pages for news. Good to set things like major work stoppages and skyscraper plumb variances, straight.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Nothing but Comcast propaganda. My father's buddy's ex-wife's boyfriend is working on this and he says this thing is gonna tip over any day now.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Nothing but Comcast propaganda. My father's buddy's ex-wife's boyfriend is working on this and he says this thing is gonna tip over any day now.
It may very well be propaganda. But a post that uses the word "erection" twice can't be all bad.

Seriously, though, many thanks to Caruso975 for the update--and the rumor quashing!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 11:43 PM

Perhaps it's just me, but I seem to remember there being more glass on the north facade.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post

Perhaps it's just me, but I seem to remember there being more glass on the north facade.
They're tearing it down and starting over, that's how out of plumb it is.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
The curtinwall for the hotel has been loaded into the building
If nothing else, I can confirm this is true. I could see a lot of it sitting on the terrace level this week but didn't think much of it until I read this.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 1:20 PM

sum'n is going on up there, I look at the webcam frequently & I haven't been able to figure out what the time-lapse is on it & sometimes it's stuck on the same image for hours or longer. Happened to catch it in a change just now while hoisting something up there:

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 5:56 PM
SimCity World Champ

So has demolition begun yet?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkyline View Post
So has demolition begun yet?
You didn't hear? Implosion is set for Friday.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Excellent. Now please commit to posting leaks on future Comcast towers on the Arch street lots here on these forums first. Otherwise, we cannot take responsibility for the urban legends that will circulate.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture