HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Yes, this is very "Euro - Japanese" in terms of transit integration into an apartment / retail complex. How many centres like this does Toronto have, I wonder? They're usually ahead of us in this kind of thing - just through being older and larger. Montreal....? Anyone know?
Toronto actually usually plays catchup from an urban design standpoint, and they have since I can remember. I'm sure things were different when you were living back here, but since the mid 90s at least Vancouver has been the leader in Canadian urban design. I cant think of a single development like this in Toronto, but then again they dont have much in the way of elevated transit. This reminds me so strongly of many many projects here in Singapore. They work very well here and I expect this to do well in Vancouver too.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley