HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 10:04 PM

Very exciting project!! I really do hope this kicks off this year.

Do you know how I could find out the approx. dimensions of the first/second floor retail spaces along 2nd avenue? I've been looking for a great location for an upscale restaurant and this project has definitely caught my eye. The second floor space at the NW corner looks interesting but I'm worried it might be too narrow. I'm also intrigued by the NE corner spaces though they are specified as retail only at the moment. And a couple renderings seem to suggest the first floor retail spaces have room for a mezzanine - is there actually enough ceiling height for that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking for the right space for quite awhile and this project has got me excited. I know it's early to be looking into this as a retail tenant but if this location does work for what we want to do we would be a major retail tenant and it would be ideal to coordinate as early as possible with the developer.

Thanks

Old Posted Jan 30, 2012, 3:16 AM
Round Head

I would call the leasing agent directly:

http://www.calgarycitycentre.ca/contact.html

Bryan Walsh
CBRE Richard Eillis

I'm sure he could give you all the exact specs.

Yay for high end restaurant there!

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 8:08 PM

I guess Demo is to begin around April

Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 5:36 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Exciting news - It will be great to see some tangeble action on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
That was the old proposal. Thread master did not change it. The old proposal was for an office bulding of 53 stories & 216 meters. But that was 4 -5 years ago.
Ahhh - what could have been.
Why does nothing ever get upsized ?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2012, 12:51 AM

Yep. 216 meters would have been nice alright, but that area is subject to shadowing bylaws. Still. a little taller on both office and the hotel/condo would'nt probably do any damage too the surrounding area, but I'm sure they've got figured out pretty well.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I would call the leasing agent directly:

http://www.calgarycitycentre.ca/contact.html

Bryan Walsh
CBRE Richard Eillis

I'm sure he could give you all the exact specs.

Yay for high end restaurant there!

Thanks for the suggestion Wooster. We did get in touch with them but they are only talking to potential office tenants at this time. So unfortunately it looks like I'll have to wait to get an idea of the retail dimensions so we can see how the space would work for our restaurant concept.

If in the meantime anyone comes across some approx dimensions for the retail spaces along the north facade I would greatly appreciate any info. We have a very cool, unique and high design concept but we aren't a major chain or restaurant group so we'll definitely be an underdog going for the space and the more advance planning we can do the better our chances to impress the landlord.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Wooster. We did get in touch with them but they are only talking to potential office tenants at this time. So unfortunately it looks like I'll have to wait to get an idea of the retail dimensions so we can see how the space would work for our restaurant concept.

If in the meantime anyone comes across some approx dimensions for the retail spaces along the north facade I would greatly appreciate any info. We have a very cool, unique and high design concept but we aren't a major chain or restaurant group so we'll definitely be an underdog going for the space and the more advance planning we can do the better our chances to impress the landlord.
When is the public allowed to see the DP submission? After approval? It might have some of the dimensions on there you are looking for. Fusili or Wooster (or anyone else)?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
When is the public allowed to see the DP submission? After approval? It might have some of the dimensions on there you are looking for. Fusili or Wooster (or anyone else)?
Easiest will be when it goes to CPC, though some times they don't break down individual bays, but usually they do.

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

Old Posted Feb 25, 2012, 11:22 PM

Construction is slated for late 12, but most likely 2013.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2012, 5:48 PM
Criminal Mastermind

I believe a presentation centre for City Centre is being constructed in the base of Jamieson Place. Should be really nice when it's finished.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2012, 6:20 PM
Round Head

Presentation Centre for office? Are they moving ahead with the residential/hotel tower?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2012, 7:27 PM
Khan

Quote:
Presentation Centre for office? Are they moving ahead with the residential/hotel tower?
That would be great news, if true.
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2012, 1:49 AM
Criminal Mastermind

Quote:
Im sure the presentation centre will be for the residential/hotel portion of the project, but as it's a mixed use, it's more than likely to get the word out there about the project as a whole. With the way condo projects have been going recently, I wouldnt be surprised if the residential/hotel portion gets under way shortly after the commercial component.. or perhaps vice versa.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Some changes may have happened to the plans which will be making the residential tower a little more attractive

Nothing is for sure yet, which is why I haven't said anything, but it's looking better for tower 2.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibrain View Post
Im sure the presentation centre will be for the residential/hotel portion of the project, but as it's a mixed use, it's more than likely to get the word out there about the project as a whole. With the way condo projects have been going recently, I wouldnt be surprised if the residential/hotel portion gets under way shortly after the commercial component.. or perhaps vice versa.
I would certainly hope so, otherwise why would bcIMC lease space to CF so that CF could advertise a competing office building?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 2:20 AM
Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Some changes may have happened to the plans which will be making the residential tower a little more attractive

Nothing is for sure yet, which is why I haven't said anything, but it's looking better for tower 2.
Sounds like they're close to finalizing an agreement with a hotel partner. That's pretty exciting.
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 5:12 AM

Maybe they'll add a few floors to City Center.... Don't I wish!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 2:21 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer2 View Post
Construction is slated for late 12, but most likely 2013.
Still a ways off, but I guess good things come to those that wait!

Quote:

Interesting, really want to see this sucker break ground. Another step in the new evolution of the Eau Claire area.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesonov View Post
Sounds like they're close to finalizing an agreement with a hotel partner. That's pretty exciting.
Hotel partner has been chosen for a while, it's a different change.

Big development today on the project as well, should be announced publicly soon.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 11:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Hotel partner has been chosen for a while, it's a different change.

Big development today on the project as well, should be announced publicly soon.
It is great that they are at this stage.

Yeah - I believe the hotel partner was set some time ago, but the hotel didn't want their name revealed should the project not be a go. Clearly the numbers are making sense now

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates