HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 20, 2013, 7:22 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Smile St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador [DAILY PHOTO THREAD]

St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador [DAILY PHOTO THREAD]

I want to maintain a single thread for my St. John's (and surrounding areas) photos. If we have a daily photo thread section in the future, I'll move this there - but, for now, it belongs in this section.

I won't update it every day - but I will keep all of my photos from this region in this thread.

Here is where we are located:

St. John's has a Metro population of just over 200,000 people and claims to be the oldest city in North America (though, in reality, it is simply the oldest European-founded city in North America - and even that is contested by others who want to debate what constitutes founding. Europeans first came ashore in St. John's harbour on June 24, 1497.).

My favourite line to describe the city is from a Jann Arden song: "I am not lonely. I swear to God, I'm just alone." We are a very old, very isolated city. We have our own dialect of English, our own history - we were a national capital as recently as 1949, before joining Canada. We have our own music, our own fashion. It's impossible to be from here and not be of here.

It's that type of city. The type that you feel sad knowing it will outlive you, and you won't get to experience its entire life together.

June 15, 2013

June 18, 2013

June 20, 2013

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Jun 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos